It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Outlaws Fox Hunting. YAY!! I'm not a liberal but that was cruel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Britain Outlaws Fox Hunting
Posted by: FredT On: Thu November, 18 2004 @ 10:53 GMT
The House of Commons won a standoff with the House of Lords and has outlawed fox hunting in England and Wales. The House activated the seldom used 1949 Parliament Act to force the ban into law. This came on the heels of the Lords rejecting a compromise on the law. Several hundred protestors were seen outside of Windsor Castle where the Queen and French president Chirac are scheduled to have a banquet

I'm new here and hope I'm not repeating a thread or doing something wrong by posting a copy and paste.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
FANTASTIC!!! im suprised and saddened your post hasnt had more replys!

I was born and raised in the country side in cheshire,and have grown up respecting the country side codes as well as the rules of farming.
Foxes are a menace and have to be dealt with but running them down on horseback with a pack off dogs and tearing them limb from limb is not the way to do it.How any human being could find this entertaining or pleasurable defies any hummane way of thinking!

Regards and welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I live in the country. I've lost about 50 birds to foxes in the last year- chickens, geese and ducks.

We called the local hunt in to get the fox and although they didn't catch him, they flushed him out and he has't returned.

Would you like to tell me how to get rid of the fox if he does come back and fox-hunting is banned?
Sure, fox hunting may be cruel to some, but just what alternatives is the government offering to deal with the problem?

The way I see it, I have two options. I can either poison them - could be a long and slow death and may kill other wild life. Or I can try and shoot them - but foxes are hard to hit and even if I do manage to get one, the chances are that I will only wound it. Add to that the fact that firearms aren't exactly falling off trees in the UK these days and shooting is not really a credible option.

So the alternatives are far more cruel and totally inefficient. The government hasn't thought this through at all. They've bowed to pressure from the city dwellers who just want to see hunting banned but don't realise that they are going to put the fox through a lot more pain and agony because they have provided no other method of fox control.

So as the poster said previously - foxes are a menace and need to be controlled. Never a truer statement. Just tell me how to contol them and I'll agree with you.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

So as the poster said previously - foxes are a menace and need to be controlled. Never a truer statement. Just tell me how to contol them and I'll agree with you.

There are humane traps out there that you can use to capture foxes, and then release them in another wooded area suitable to them. Having them torn limb from limb, poisoning them, or shooting them are not the only ways to take care of them.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

There are humane traps out there that you can use to capture foxes, and then release them in another wooded area suitable to them. Having them torn limb from limb, poisoning them, or shooting them are not the only ways to take care of them.

LMAO. Humane traps? Where and what? And how much do these humane traps cost? And where exactly are you going to release these foxes?
"A wooded area suitable to them". Yup. I'm going to try to capture a wild animal with a dubious trapping system, give him lots of kisses and then release him so he can frolic freely into the British wilderness (not that it actually exists of course).
Then I might wear a flower in my hair, go and hug a tree and save a whale.

Humane traps. That's a good one.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Although i'm not a fox hunter or i have no involvement with foxes i totally disagree with this ban. Fox's are pests just like rats there population needs to be controlled just as many other species are frequently cut down to a better sizeable population. If it starts with foxes whats next arn't we allowed to mousetraps down, will we be banned from pouring boiling water on an ant nest?

top topics

join