It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Society of the Nine Unknown Men

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

May be the story Idea of 9 unknown men was driven from the references in Vedic scripts about 9 chirinjivins i.e Immortals, not eternals but will dissolve at the end of Universe.

Maybe,

Nothing really to add towards your research, have come across the myth/story/theory of the 9 as you present them and as what others have brought up. extremely interesting concepts to read about that allows ones mind to wonder the unknown universe with questions that their imagination attempts to answer.

however very keen to see where this leads you and any conclusions or understandings you discover.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The Nine Unknown is a 1923 novel by Talbot Mundy. Originally serialised in Adventure magazine,[1] it concerns the "Nine Unknown Men", a secret society founded by the Mauryan Emperor Asoka around 270 BC to preserve and develop knowledge that would be dangerous to humanity if it fell into the wrong hands. The nine unknown men were entrusted with guarding nine books of secret knowledge.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Finally, I got to finish this post. I find this concept of the Nine intriguing, to say the least. While I have not been previously introduced to the concept, it "sounds" very familiar.
Perhaps it's because things in 3s are sacred to so many people, it would only make sense that an original 9 attributes might become the foundation upon which a Philosophy might be built.

What intrigues me is the term Judo when being used to define the "touch of death" attribute. It's very early for me, but I'm wondering if a better correlation between the Nine might be outlined as far as attributes that balance one another.

Forget it. . .I think I'm too tired for this now.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I'm confused... are successful Indians proof of a secret society now?
edit on 16/12/13 by AKindChap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AKindChap

Am not in a secret society....thanks

edit on 16-12-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Interesting how somebody takes something written in an American book of fantasy and posts it as 'occult lore' on a website for Indian History.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

The Secret Society of the Nine Unknown Men .... Ten if you count me. Yes, it's that secret that you and everyone else who knows about the society got it wrong.... I'm the tenth.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

maddy21
reply to post by coredrill

www.thecontroversialfiles.net...

NASA (National Aeronautical and Space Administration) world’s richest/ most powerful scientific organization is trying to create an ion engine that is a device that uses a stream of high velocity electrified particles instead of a blast of hot gases like in present day modern jet engines. Surprisingly according to the bi-monthly Ancient Skies published in USA, the aircraft engines being developed for future use by NASA by some strange coincidence also uses mercury bombardment units powered by Solar cells! Interestingly, the impulse is generated in seven stages.

The mercury propellant is first vaporized fed into the thruster discharge chamber ionized converted into plasma by a combination with electrons broke down electrically and then accelerated through small openings in a screen to pass out of the engine at velocities between 1200 to 3000 kilometers per minute! But so far NASA has been able to produce an experimental basis only a one pound of thrust by its scientists a power derivation virtually useless. But 108 years ago Talpade was able to use his knowledge of Vaimanika Shastra to produce sufficient thrust to lift his aircraft 1500 feet into the air!

Not a newspaper clipping from the 1970s.
How about a newspaper account/clipping from 1895 ????
And moreover, Talpade didn't construct his "aircraft" based on any centuries old text, but rather, based on pandit Subbara Shastry's concotions. The Vymanika Shastra is a modern "channelized" product, not an ancient one.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

NASA (National Aeronautical and Space Administration) world’s richest/ most powerful scientific organization is trying to create an ion engine that is a device that uses a stream of high velocity electrified particles instead of a blast of hot gases like in present day modern jet engines. Surprisingly according to the bi-monthly Ancient Skies published in USA, the aircraft engines being developed for future use by NASA by some strange coincidence also uses mercury bombardment units powered by Solar cells! Interestingly, the impulse is generated in seven stages.

Mercury based Ion thrusters were indeed developed by NASA, but these, would NOT develop enough Thrust to lift a average sized aircraft off the ground. The recent ion thrusters developed are useful for use in Outer space, where there is lesser resistance to movement.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
From what i can see just by analyzing the facts, i can come up with 2 conclusions;

1.) The concept of nine "wise" men protecting information that would be hazardous to the world is highly flawed, especially the list of disciplines you have posted. At least 70% of the subjects you have listed have been used and scientifically researched for war.

A few examples - The Third Reich's use of propaganda to influence an entire race of people & Numerous books on the subject of Social manipulation (Machiavelli's 'Prince'). Not to mention the advancement of biological & nuclear weapons that are still being used today.

2.) It is a plot from a fantasy-fiction book.

An interesting story, which is exactly why it makes a good plot for a book and not a good conspiracy theory.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Hi this may be looking flawed to you but if you have read the Hindu mythology and try to correlate with the actual times you might see more than 70% of coincidence which can't be just a coincidence.
I believe if you just go through the Ramayana and Mahabharata you might get to have some glimpse of it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join