It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Society of the Nine Unknown Men

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

of course there are more intelligent people on this planet than just those 9 ancient nerds ..so knowledge can be gained elsewhere as well... am pretty sure every secret society has an agenda they want to spread .. Can't say how fast they are spreading their agenda's as i have no clue what their agenda is .... protecting humanity can be done in good as well as bad ways ...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Im thinking if indeed the 9 do exist or did exist and have or had extensive knowledge of the said subjects/technology's those other clever dudes of which you speak will have pilfered said books sometime ago, probably around the turn of our industrial revolution.

edit on 15-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
this 9 unknown men myth... seems to be a combination of fables...
24 elders or 12 disciples or 13 in a coven or the magnificent 7 are examples of selected individuals to form groups..
i guess that the number 9 was not taken yet...so the 9 unknown men was created

(Note: this group was formed before the outermost planets were discovered making the Sun & 9 planets the full solar-system)

the 9 volumes seem to resemble the 7 deadly sins in the idea of a cohesive unit that reeks evil...

perhaps the 9-unk-men myth sort of embraces the ancient legend of Pandora's Box

interesting in how the myth came about rather than the contents of the forbidden books knowledge,,,
the un-wise knowledge of power & destruction will always surface from the dark & sinister antipodes of the human mind
so locking up that knowledge is no remedy...it is rather just a waste of time & effort in my book

see...Alchemy gave us blackpowder but men turned that resource to gun-powder....and of course fireworks and many other non-lethal uses.... re: the Nobel Prize was wrought from the contents of one of those secret books-of-knowledge..... so the 9 unknown men & the secret knowledge to be kept from the masses or the Elites is not all bad or all evil.....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by maddy21

The people in power who need to know who they are know who they are. I knew a woman once, a very psychic woman with lots of experiences (many of which I was there for as a duo), who claimed she was visited by two of the nine, and when she first saw them when she opened the door they looked like large lizards and then changed back to human. This was many years before I heard anything else about either the nine or the lizard theories, and many years before David Icke was going down that road or any road except sports announcing.

This is what makes me think this conspiracy is fake... lots of the things just seem wrong, conspiracy theories often talk about the group? This is the first I've heard of them... now they're lizard people? It seems like we're just taking all the conspiracies and putting them together in to one of our beloved secret societies.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AKindChap

am sorry, you are not making any sense .... we are just dishing out possibilities here , you cant use them as a reason to scream "FAKE" .. this is as credible as any other secret society ...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

St Udio
24 elders or 12 disciples or 13 in a coven or the magnificent 7 are examples of selected individuals to form groups..

(Note: this group was formed before the outermost planets were discovered making the Sun & 9 planets the full solar-system)

the 9 volumes seem to resemble the 7 deadly sins in the idea of a cohesive unit that reeks evil...

interesting in how the myth came about rather than the contents of the forbidden books knowledge,,,
the un-wise knowledge of power & destruction will always surface from the dark & sinister antipodes of the human mind
so locking up that knowledge is no remedy...it is rather just a waste of time & effort in my book

see...Alchemy gave us blackpowder but men turned that resource to gun-powder....and of course fireworks and many other non-lethal uses.... re: the Nobel Prize was wrought from the contents of one of those secret books-of-knowledge..... so the 9 unknown men & the secret knowledge to be kept from the masses or the Elites is not all bad or all evil.....

this is not a new theory, this theory existed for a few 100 years even before India's independence
The events in history which lead to creation of the secret society is very much a well documented reality on the evidence about his life including his 33 Edicts inscribed into stone pillars throughout his empire, proclaiming his devotion to Buddhist moral precepts, references to him in 2nd Century stories (Aśokāvadāna and Divyāvadāna), and his appearance in the Sri Lankan Mahavamsa.. even the exact date of the creation of the group is given, which is 273 B.C

Indian scientists such as Jagdish Chandra Bose, a pioneer in Radio and Microwave Optics and Vikram Sarabhai, the man behind the Indian space and missile defense programs was thought to be members of the nine

Another supposed creation of the 9 is the mysterious iron pillar in Delhi which Never rusts

Dating back to 4th century A.D., the pillar bears an inscription which states that it was erected as a flagstaff in honour of the Hindu god, Vishnu, and in the memory of the Gupta King Chandragupta II (375-413). How the pillar moved to its present location remains a mystery. Dating back to 4th century A.D., the pillar bears an inscription which states that it was erected as a flagstaff in honour of the Hindu god, Vishnu, and in the memory of the Gupta King Chandragupta II (375-413). How the pillar moved to its present location remains a mystery. The pillar also highlights ancient India's achievements in metallurgy. The pillar is made of 98 per cent wrought iron and has stood 1,600 years without rusting or decomposing.

edit on 15-12-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The Yantra Sarvasva, said to have been written by the sage Maharshi Bhardwaj. This consists of as many as 40 sections of which one, the Vaimanika Prakarana dealing with aeronautics, has eight chapters, a hundred topics and 500 sutras.

am trying to find the book online...am loading a pdf..its big.. slow download

www.new1.dli.ernet.in...

Calling all Scientists and physicists of ATS to go through it and give your opinions

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

maddy21
reply to post by AKindChap

am sorry, you are not making any sense .... we are just dishing out possibilities here , you cant use them as a reason to scream "FAKE" .. this is as credible as any other secret society ...

I'm not screaming out fake, I'm sharing my opinion - I think this is a myth.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

maddy21

St Udio

this is not a new theory, this theory existed for a few 100 years even before India's independence
The events in history which lead to creation of the secret society is very much a well documented reality on the evidence about his life including his 33 Edicts inscribed into stone pillars throughout his empire, proclaiming his devotion to Buddhist moral precepts, references to him in 2nd Century stories (Aśokāvadāna and Divyāvadāna), and his appearance in the Sri Lankan Mahavamsa.. even the exact date of the creation of the group is given, which is 273 B.C

Indian scientists such as Jagdish Chandra Bose, a pioneer in Radio and Microwave Optics and Vikram Sarabhai, the man behind the Indian space and missile defense programs was thought to be members of the nine

Another supposed creation of the 9 is the mysterious iron pillar in Delhi which Never rusts

Dating back to 4th century A.D., the pillar bears an inscription which states that it was erected as a flagstaff in honour of the Hindu god, Vishnu, and in the memory of the Gupta King Chandragupta II (375-413). How the pillar moved to its present location remains a mystery. Dating back to 4th century A.D., the pillar bears an inscription which states that it was erected as a flagstaff in honour of the Hindu god, Vishnu, and in the memory of the Gupta King Chandragupta II (375-413). How the pillar moved to its present location remains a mystery. The pillar also highlights ancient India's achievements in metallurgy. The pillar is made of 98 per cent wrought iron and has stood 1,600 years without rusting or decomposing.

There was some research done on how the iron pillar was created. The process simply involved creating it segment by segment going upwards. Start by digging out a trench wide enough for people to walk around, then use clay to create mold, pour molten metal inside, let it cool, and repeat the process. Eventually, you have a flagstaff as tall as is required. Chemical analysis revealed the presence of magnetite and complex compounds.

"The nature of the protective passive layer on the corrosion resistant Delhi iron pillar (DIP) has been addressed based on a detailed characterization of its rust. Rust characterization clearly established that the major constituents of the scale were crystalline iron hydrogen phosphate hydrate (FePO4·H3PO4·4H2O), α-, γ-, δ-FeOOH and magnetite. The iron oxide/oxyhydroxides were present in the amorphous form."

"http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0010938X00000469

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Pictures or it didn't happen!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

This is a very good thread. Well done

S&F

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

pictures of wut ?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That's one of the more interesting posts I've read on ATS. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Sorry bro... wrong thread...

This thread is actually kinda cool!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Aside the fiction of the Nine Unknown Men by Talbot Mundy, there seems to be no basis for Emperor Ashoka having nine "Unknown" men in his court or as a secret society.

India has a penchant for the number Nine.
The Navagrahas in Indian astrology and astronomy are
the Planets : Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn
The Celestial Bodies : the Sun & the Moon and
The celestial positions of the moon : Rahu & ketu.

Indian Emperors are known to have a coterie of 9 ministers.

Emperor Vikramaditya is supposed to have had a court of 9 ministers -

1. Kalidasa, the great poet
2. Vetala Bhatta - a Brahmin minster, who is said to have authored treatises on Ethics & Law. But known for his
expertise in tantric sciences and magic.
3. Varahamihira - an astronomer, mathematician & astrologer, author of Brihadsamhita.
4. Vararuchi - Master of Sanskrit & lunar astrology, known as the author of Vyakarana
5. Amarasimha - Sanskrit grammarian and poet, author of Amarakosha.
6. Dhanvantari - A master of Ayurveda. believed by Hindus to be the God of Medicine and belived by some to be an
avtar of Lord Vishnu
7. Kshapanaka - Another master astrologer, author of Jothisyashastra which literally means the science of astrology.
8. Shanku - master of Geography & Architecture
9. Ghatakpar - Master of sculpture and architecture

Even the Mughal Emperor Akbar followed the rule of 9 for his court too with 9 ministers.

Asides the above navaratnas, there is no idea about any secret society of 9 unknown men in Emperor Ashoka's times.
As far I know, it is fiction.

And you attribute the fiction to real life figures down history.

I am from India, researching Indian history and mythology is my hobby.
I have never heard of any real secret society of 9 unknown men in any Indian mythology.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

St Udio

Yeah numbered group names are a problem, three amigos is already taken
, maybe they should expire after a while and go public domain or something.

Anyways groups that control knowledge, really? is knowledge a finite commodity and they are hoarding or knowledge is something acquired through observation therefore anyone can reach it?

The only way for them to control it would be to whack anyone that knows something, ignorance is a bless

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Its a secret society you are not supposed hear about it
, Besides its a conspiracy theory ...

i have personally seen few of these stone edicts, some of those are damn strange

Besides you don't think folks like Pope Sylvester II , Jacolliot , Yersin and Jacques Bergier were on weed when they claimed they met the nine and i don't think you hobbies and your country of birth gives you any higher credibility than rest of the folks here ..

Talbot mundy only popularized it , he did not invent it ...my point is its very much possible that its real

other tit bits

Shivkur Bapuji Talpade, flew an unmanned aircraft, eight years before the Wright brothers demonstrated on December 17th 1903 that it was possible for a ‘manned heavier than air machine to fly’. But, in 1895, eight years earlier, the Sanskrit scholar Shivkar Bapuji Talpade had designed a basic aircraft called Marutsakthi (meaning Power of Air) based on Vedic technology documented in ancient Sanskrit manuscripts. His demonstration flight took place before a large audience in the Chowpathy beach of Bombay. The importance of the Wright brothers lies in the fact, that it was a manned flight for a distance of 120 feet and Orville Wright became the first man to fly. But Talpade’s unmanned aircraft flew to a height of 1500 feet before crashing down and the historian Evan Koshtka, has described Talpade as the ‘first creator of an aircraft’.

The above book which the man studied form has been posted by me in my earlier post as a pdf

the Chinese discovered some sanskrit documents in Lhasa, Tibet and sent them to the University of Chandrigarh to be translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University said recently that the documents contain directions for building interstellar spaceships! Their method of propulsion, she said, was "anti-gravitational" and was based upon a system analogous to that of "laghima," the unknown power of the ego existing in man's physiological makeup, "a centrifugal force strong enough to counteract all gravitational pull." According to Hindu Yogis, it is this "laghima" which enables a person to levitate.

Dr. Reyna said that on board these machines, which were called "Astras" by the text, the ancient Indians could have sent a detachment of men onto any planet, according to the document, which is thought to be thousands of years old

edit on 16-12-2013 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
May be the story Idea of 9 unknown men was driven from the references in Vedic scripts about 9 chirinjivins i.e Immortals, not eternals but will dissolve at the end of Universe.

1-Ashwathama, a man cursed to immortality and eternal suffering without love from anybody for his role in the murder of the five sons of the Pandavas and his attempted murder of Arjuna's grandson.
2-Mahabali, a righteous demon king who conquered heaven, earth, and the underworld, but was forced to give it back by Vamana.
3-Vyasa, a sage who narrated the Mahabharata, he was also a sage in the epic.
4-Hanuman, who served Rama.
5-Vibhishana, Ravana's brother who was made King of Lanka by Rama.
6-Kripacharya, a teacher of the princes in the Mahabharata.
7-Parashurama, an avatar of Vishnu.
8-Markandeya, a great sage.
9-Jambavantha-The bear who fought along with apes for Rama

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I will read up more on the Secret Society of 9 Unkown men later today.

But I want to settle some facts/make straight some facts that have been stated

maddy21

Shivkur Bapuji Talpade, flew an unmanned aircraft, eight years before the Wright brothers demonstrated on December 17th 1903 that it was possible for a ‘manned heavier than air machine to fly’. But, in 1895, eight years earlier, the Sanskrit scholar Shivkar Bapuji Talpade had designed a basic aircraft called Marutsakthi (meaning Power of Air) based on Vedic technology documented in ancient Sanskrit manuscripts. His demonstration flight took place before a large audience in the Chowpathy beach of Bombay. The importance of the Wright brothers lies in the fact, that it was a manned flight for a distance of 120 feet and Orville Wright became the first man to fly. But Talpade’s unmanned aircraft flew to a height of 1500 feet before crashing down and the historian Evan Koshtka, has described Talpade as the ‘first creator of an aircraft’.

1. I would like to see some newspaper scans be it of a microfilm or a photocopy or anything about this news. I have Seen this being touted as proof of vimanas in India. Need evidence that this was indeed news. Not hearsay or a cooked up story. If it is true, I would be proud that this science originated in my own country.
2. Talpade is supposed to have based his “aircraft” on the Vymanika Shastra, which is not a ancient text or part of any Veda or Shastra. It is a document that was supposedly “channelized” by Pandit Subbaraya Shastry and written down b y G. Venkatachala sharma in the early 20th Century.

A history/Chronology of this Document is available at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

3. The Indian Institute of Science (IISC) which is the premier most scientific institute in India, similar to MIT ,
carried out a analysis of the Vymania Shastra, which cane be read at the below link (it’s a pdf file. You can
save it for later references and to save face by knowing that the contraptions could never ever fly)
Complete Pdf Copy of the IISC Study on the Book- Vaimanika Shastra

maddy21

the Chinese discovered some sanskrit documents in Lhasa, Tibet and sent them to the University of Chandrigarh to be translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University said recently that the documents contain directions for building interstellar spaceships! Their method of propulsion, she said, was "anti-gravitational" and was based upon a system analogous to that of "laghima," the unknown power of the ego existing in man's physiological makeup, "a centrifugal force strong enough to counteract all gravitational pull." According to Hindu Yogis, it is this "laghima" which enables a person to levitate.
Dr. Reyna said that on board these machines, which were called "Astras" by the text, the ancient Indians could have sent a detachment of men onto any planet, according to the document, which is thought to be thousands of years old

This Hoax news has been doing circles for the past 5 to 6 years. There was no Chandigarh University, few years ago. But there is a Chandigarh University at present, which was established last year, 2012. here is the link to the University's page.

How did Dr. Ruth Reyna get associated with a University which wasn't even established "few years" back???
Even if you could consider that the Chandigarh University could be the Punjab University which is indeed located in the city of Chandigarh, correspondences withe Punjab university indicate that there was no such Dr. Ruth Reyna associated with the University in any faculty or in any kind, even as a student.

Secondly, Google search indicates that Dr. Ruth Reyna is a real person, but she is not a Phd Holder in Linguistics or Archaeology etc, But a Phd in Philosophy in 1961 and that too from the University of Poona, Maharashtra, India. She is not qualified to make a statement or even to analyze the "manuscripts" (if such manuscripts did exist)

edit on 16/12/13 by coredrill because: edited to format paragrpahs

edit on 16/12/13 by coredrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

www.thecontroversialfiles.net...

NASA (National Aeronautical and Space Administration) world’s richest/ most powerful scientific organization is trying to create an ion engine that is a device that uses a stream of high velocity electrified particles instead of a blast of hot gases like in present day modern jet engines. Surprisingly according to the bi-monthly Ancient Skies published in USA, the aircraft engines being developed for future use by NASA by some strange coincidence also uses mercury bombardment units powered by Solar cells! Interestingly, the impulse is generated in seven stages.

The mercury propellant is first vaporized fed into the thruster discharge chamber ionized converted into plasma by a combination with electrons broke down electrically and then accelerated through small openings in a screen to pass out of the engine at velocities between 1200 to 3000 kilometers per minute! But so far NASA has been able to produce an experimental basis only a one pound of thrust by its scientists a power derivation virtually useless. But 108 years ago Talpade was able to use his knowledge of Vaimanika Shastra to produce sufficient thrust to lift his aircraft 1500 feet into the air!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join