It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hobbit 2..seen it yet? SPOILERS BTW.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

I do enjoy stuff...just not the Hobbit film.

I'm a bit confused as to when having an opinion became sad. This thread is clearly about The Hobbit film and you've failed to make any comment about it whatsoever. Have you even seen it? If so why don't you tell us what you thought?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Personally, I think Peter Jackson really #ed it up. 'The Hobbit' is such an amazing and magical book, but I couldn't feel no magic at all while watching the movie. I'm really wondering why Jackson changed so much compared to the book. He left no trace from my favorite bookscene, for example, in which the dwarves and Bilbo astray from the path in Demsterwold when they see light far away in the woods. They notice that this light comes from partying elves and when they approach it, the light suddenly darks. Instead of filming these kind of scenes and extending certain important scenes, he gives us a very unremarkable love-story between Kili and Tauriel. The only by Jackson added scenes I liked, were the scenes Gandalf travelling to Dol Guldur, at least these are scenes about something that COULD have happened in the book (except for the present of Azog offcourse). The 'Lord of the Rings'-movies are my all-time favorite movies, so for that reason I maybe had too high expectations on this film. The best thing about this new 'Hobbit'-movie according to me is just getting a new glimpse into Middle-earth (or should I say New-Zealand).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Honestly the Lord of the Rings trilogy the departures from the written works made sense. In the Hobbit they make no sense at all. And I have come to the conclusion Peter Jackson is pretty much a hack that got lucky the first time out. Lucky in the fact that during the filming of LOTR leaks abounded and the fans continually pushed him back into books. He has no understanding of character and has failed to deliver anything new or even mature.

The whole Azog arc is completely unnecessary, it was always intended to be more of a relaxed adventure. The other additions would have been alright had they stayed true to the spirit of novel instead we get an elf-dwarf-elf love triangle that was unnecessary and clearly done to push the crap Hollywood studio agenda. This was the dwarf's tale instead they get to be out shined by Legolas. The only good departure from the book was fleshing out the Dol Guldur story arc, which the books only touched on briefly and introducing Radagast.

This was the time to actually take a chance and give us a truly substantive fantasy film. To take the time and build the wonders and magical world of Middle Earth. Instead Peter *cough* Pan I mean Jackson turned it into a fantasy film full of nonsensical modern crap.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I never read the novel of "The Hobbit". My only past experience with it was from the 1977 animated movie, which I haven't seen in probably 20 years.

That said, I enjoyed "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug". It was a decent movie with plenty of action. It was a bit drawn out in places like the LOTR films were but still enjoyable. The digital effects and acting performances were good. And Benedict Cumberbatch's voice as Smaug was a bit creepy.

The only thing I didn't like was where they ended the movie. When Bilbo was on that ledge saying "What have we done?", I was thinking "Please don't fade to black". And then, fade to black. Roll credits.
I really wanted the final battle with Smaug to go down in this film, leaving the third part open for the Dwarf king to rise in power and go mad, leading to the major battle between the Dwarves, Elves and Humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join