It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Java Virus Plug in on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I have been experiencing Java update when i click on a topic, instead of going to topic page, it goes a virus update page.

After noticing that the website is not obviously original java website i usually close page and re-clicked on the topic(it seems it is random, either topic or virus page).

Anyways, so i put up couple extra defense software and clicked on the "update", as i guessed, it was a virus, but it was quarantined and removed.

i know its ATS because it happened at work and at home. I meant, its external and not personally my PC.

Anyway be careful guys.
edit on 12/14/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

i know its ATS because it happened at work and at home.

Actually the 'fake java update' virus is quite common ALL over the internet.

And was certainly not attained by visiting ATS.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Anytime you get a message for an java update immediately go to oracle and get updated from them.

If there is no new release, then you know its a FAKE update.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Nothing is happening on my side. Maybe your browsing security is too low? I tend to run mine pretty high.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ah i should have been clear, i meant, it is not my computer but something external.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ah i should have been clear, i meant, it is not my computer but something external.

Oh lol.

I should have figured as much.

Yeah I've been getting them left right and center lately on the server, but it's mostly because I've been testing a bunch of 3rd party free ware.

I would suggest, just in the event of anything like this in the future that you go to Ninite and install Super Anti Spyware and scan your PC in safe mode once a week.

~Tenth
edit on 12/14/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am getting this also, only on ATS so far.

Same thing, click a link to go to thread and instead go to a java update page.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have also been getting this and its malware that is already hiding on your computer.

Its triggered by sites that use java but do not have the malware on them. but it also may direct you to a Adobe Flash Player up date or other up dates.

This malware is set up to get you to load a virus from another site.
Real Update notices will come from the currently installed copy of the software and will generally appear in the system tray.

I believe i got mine from Cnet download.
www.avgthreatlabs.com...

For those using licensed version AVG anti virus there is a up date that will roll back AVG to trial version so that they can put malware on your computer.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
well add this to this thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

and we may have an issue...guys, they finaly found us,...time to re-make the tinfoil hats..and stock up on rice

all the issues i have are limited to ats...maybe its a ploy by TPTB to get us to stop talking about facts..or as they call them, conspiracies

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You would likely get a similar notice by visiting a gamer site.

new topics

top topics

join