It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargazers should bundle up for best look at Geminid meteor shower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

To see the meteors, wait for a clear night and then find a dark spot, well away from any lights. Allow your eyes to become fully accustomed to the dark. This usually takes around 45 minutes. Then look straight up. You may want to dust off the garden recliner and climb into a sleeping bag because in the northern hemisphere it is going to get cold. Even in the southern hemisphere, things can get chilly in the middle of the night at this time of year.

What a fantastic way to kick off the Holidaze with a little Xmas cheer and meteors streaking across the inky blackness we in America call "the sky"

My GF and I love to drive up into the Rockies, bundle up in the back of the old F150 and enjoy nature in all it's magnificent glory. If that nasty old skinwalker comes around this year; instead of our usual taunts and jibes; he will be greeted with a hearty "howdy neighbor" and an offer of some sweet treats and capn Morgan.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Cant look at it... Heavy fog and overcast over here

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Same here, so foggy you can't see 10 yards in front of you.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Here are my observations from last night and It was very cold here in Tucson. I was in a sleeping bag with layered clothing and I was still cold. 1:00 AM - 2:00 AM 49 meteors, 3:30 AM - 4:30 AM 50 meteors, 4:30 AM - 5:30 AM 65 meteors. My total was 220 but thats including the first couple hours when I was going in and out of the house and a little bit after 5:30 when I just didn't want to go inside because I didn't want them to be over. I used a counter app I downloaded on my phone that worked really well you just press the volume up button on you phone so you don't have to look away from the sky.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
My lady and I drove up into the Jemez www.americansouthwest.net... at about midnight and it was so cold that we checked into our friends b&b after about an hour of meteor gazing. During that time we averaged about 1 a min. Might try again tonite on Sandia crest....www.turquoisetrail.org...

top topics

join