It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy After Viral Video Shows What Happens When You Pour Molten Aluminum Down Ant Hill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just have to say, in the most general way of course and with society in general?

Folks who actually spend so much as seconds of their life being annoyed, let alone mad about the fate of ANTS...need....to....get....a.....life.

Find one, buy one, rent one.. I dunno... but there is more life out there. A lot more. Just...outside..that...door. A whole place they say is called "Outside". I don't know personally, I'm still researching the risks of finding out for sure.

I can't even pretend to invent outrage about exterminating an Ant hill. I'm literally stunned into a stupor that some folks really expend the energy to care. Life must be absolutely beautiful in the circumstance where spare time exists to devote to worry over that.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I guess I can see the argument it may be cruel to fire ants. However, how many gazillion fire ants are poisoned in the South everyday and no one says squat? While I agree it can be perceived as inhumane, fire ants are invasive and we do not live with them in our yard as this guy seems to. Let him and the ants duke it out.

Complete derailing tangent:

I remember a scientist in Africa (?) did this same thing with concrete or something with an underground defunct, termite colony. He was studying how they do their thing. He ended up pouring waaaaay more stuff into the hole than he had planned on. After it hardened, he was shocked how extensive the complex was. It took him forever to dig it all up. Riveting stuff. I wish I could find the link.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Beat ya to the punch

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-12-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Bassago
...horrid biting little monsters.

Does that refer to the fire ants...

...or to us?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

WOW how beautiful!

I don't feel sorry for the ants, my daughter is severely allergic to them and I 100% of the time get an infection at the site of a bite no matter what I do to prevent it.

I may try it myself sometime it is so pretty.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ants out number us like ten to one don't they?

Ima be cool with the ants . . . JUST in case we have an ant revolution.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
For those of you out there who aren't familiar with fire ants, Kellie Pickler shares a hilarious fire ant story on Ellen's show.

Slightly off topic but if you feeling like laughing, this is worth watching.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Here ya go:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You kill fire ants with Amdro. Every single time it works. Takes about a tablespoon of granules sprinkled about 8" from the opening. They see it as food, feed the queen, and the whole mound is dead the next day.

My only issue with Amdro is how effective it is. You can track the demise of the Horned Frog with the advent of Amdro. It kills their food source. So keep that in mind, fellow Texans, and only kill ants that threaten you. Leave the pastureland alone.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That was a great video, final product came out looking nice!

As for armchair-idiot-commentor that plague youtube just gotta filter it out man, its youtube; its best to not converse there.

Just look at the comments on any video

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
You kill fire ants with Amdro. Every single time it works. Takes about a tablespoon of granules sprinkled about 8" from the opening. They see it as food, feed the queen, and the whole mound is dead the next day.

My only issue with Amdro is how effective it is. You can track the demise of the Horned Frog with the advent of Amdro. It kills their food source. So keep that in mind, fellow Texans, and only kill ants that threaten you. Leave the pastureland alone.

Its a shame to all in overkill attempt to get red of fire ants! Breed more horny toads(horned frog?lol) and phorid flies imo

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

<< 1   >>

join