It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversy After Viral Video Shows What Happens When You Pour Molten Aluminum Down Ant Hill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Most of us here have had the unfortunate experience of stepping on a fire ant bed. When these mounds appear in our yards, we do what ever we can to get rid of them. Fire ant bites hurt like the dickens and can be very dangerous to small children and pets if attacked by a large mound.

So in the video below, this guy found a different way to get rid of the ants and ends up with a sculpture of the colony. However, he came under "fire" from critics who thought it was barbaric.

“I disabled comments because I’m sick of your bickering,” the individual wrote in the video’s YouTube description. “Also, I couldn’t get YouTube to stop sending me an email every time someone posted ‘What if I poured aluminum in your house’ for the 100th time.”

What do you think ATS? Is it wrong ~~

Story link
edit on 14-12-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
People sit on youTube and scream foul when you kill some ants.

Murder thousands of innocent civilians with drones that taxpayers fund?

Chirp. Chirp. Chirp.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

So that's how you get rid of fire ant mounds!? I don't think it's wrong, I think it's pretty awesome. I grew up in the south where fire ants abound and I can tell you from experience, fire ants suck.
edit on 14-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Whilst I disagree with killing ANYTHING, if he had small children it was probably for the best... Surely there is some kind of repellent or something that you could spray to force them to relocate?

I wouldn't scream death threats at the guy though... bit extreme.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Already a thread about this here

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

RomeByFire
People sit on youTube and scream foul when you kill some ants.

Murder thousands of innocent civilians with drones that taxpayers fund?

Chirp. Chirp. Chirp.

My thoughts exactly!

Sorry but if roles were reversed the ants would do the same. People need to stop worrying about ants and focus on more important issues.

I saw this video and damn I wish I knew this as a kid. We had huge fire ant mounds that almost never really went away in our back yard as a kid. It was a mine field to get the laundry off the line. We use to pour bleach down the holes for a few days of relief.

Fire ants aren't fun and they hurt even more when you step in a pile. I say molten lava all the way if it works.

Survival of the fittest?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

You my friend have obviously never had the pleasure of stepping in a fire-ant bed.

Kill them all, horrid biting little monsters.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Good for him. He not only created a piece of art, worthy of being in a sci fi movie. He also dealt with a malicious invasive pest, without the use of toxic chemicals that poison animals children and other beneficial insects...goody for him!

I live in the deep South where fire ants are taking over. Killing off the smaller less aggressive indigenous ants. Fire ants are extremely aggressive, and I had a neighbor who's young child ended up in the ER from an attack by them.

Des

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

I searched high and low and couldn't find a thread on it. What am I doing wrong here....

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by iRoyalty

Kill them all, horrid biting little monsters.

You almost caused my coffee to be spit out on my key board.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No I haven't, in the UK the worst you get is a wasps nest, I remember my dad dealing with that with our old friend petroleum and a match!

I still don't like killing, I will always get a glass and a letter if there are any bugs in my house. I just would like to think that instead of finding lots of ways to kill insects, we should find ways to repel them instead.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
you think that is controversial?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Starting off stating most of us have had the experience of stepping on a,fire ant hill is nonsense. What makes you think most people have had that experience ???
I've never had the pleasure and I'm willing to bet many others are in my camp not yours.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hilarious.

Children get molested, abused, taken advantage of in every way in our society, yet we have some morons that are worried over ONE anthill?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Starting off stating most of us have had the experience of stepping on a,fire ant hill is nonsense. What makes you think most people have had that experience ???
I've never had the pleasure and I'm willing to bet many others are in my camp not yours.

That is not the issue here, in fact it is totally irrelevant, the issue is whether pouring molten metal on ant beds is bad or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow that's awesome - I don't know about the ethics of it or whatnot, but I'm glad that the video was still up. And he even hosed off the mound when he was done.

However, my gut reaction is that people trying to imprison someone for this kind of thing are ethically nefarious themselves and a bit off their rocker.

Although I can respect the personal choice of someone who doesn't want to do it, I'm not going to support filling our prisons with people trying to deal with their ant problem creatively.
edit on 14pmSat, 14 Dec 2013 12:39:37 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's badass, I live in the SE and yeah, fire ants suck. Especially, when you have a lot on your..area. I need Aluminum!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We all know that making ants eat poison that will kill them, suffering, in a manner of days is WAYYYYY better than flash burning them.

...sigh...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

That wasn't he point of the thread. In my part of the world, I would have a difficult time finding someone who hasn't been bitten by fire ants.

But hey, good for you and your camp.

I'm sure that "most" of us who have had the experience of stepping on a fire ant bed would happily send you a mound so you can experience the pleasure of it all.

Peace
edit on 14-12-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

superman2012
Hilarious.

Children get molested, abused, taken advantage of in every way in our society, yet we have some morons that are worried over ONE anthill?

We have a winner.

They are ants. They don't belong in my yard

It's not any crueler than how my kids use to sit outside wand burn them with fire.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join