It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION: malicious website - www.java-updating-now.com (malware)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Best place for the Gov to spy on the bad people?
ATS. us!

I have use'd AVG, Zone alarm, ad-aware.
for 10 years. get them from Cnet.
use Spybot to.
comodo has good virues and fire wall progs.
All of them are free.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

FarleyWayne
reply to post by BobAthome

It is NOT China ... It appears to be a Physical-Site in ... Walnut, California and an ISP named "Psychz Networks".

Just by using search brings up a lot of complaints about, 'Psychz Networks' they appear to be a spamhost outfit?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No-one needs any Anti-Virus program that is constantly running something in the background.

EVER.

Just have Malware-bytes sitting there, calmly ready to scan once a week like someone stated, or whenever you think you may need to.

The viruses you may get will have gotten past any of the virus programs anyways, (not sure how people do not see this happening) so what is the point of having them ??

Ahhh, to cause hope in people that something is actually trying to help them, well it is NOT.

All these real-time scanners do is waste energy, time, and actually cause people to have far more problems.

And if one is to get one of these super viruses, those are so easy to remove as well, dam I have found out how to get rid of everything, and funny thing is, not ONE Antivirus program helped in the slightest.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

use adblockerplus and ghostery....i havent seen an ad in years..in fact when i use someone elses computer its so alarming seeing all the ads that actually read them to see what they are selling haha.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

It's probably the ad network serving malicious ads.

I've had this happen to me before.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
As soon as I clicked on this thread "risky connection blocked" from Avast. I never have so many red flags from my anti-virus as when I visit this forum!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I've been nailed by my share or drive-by infections over the years. Including here on ATS, as well as several other reputable websites.

A lot of people hate the Norton products. I'm one of them. It is a PIA of the highest order. It can cause all kinds of strange behavior in legitimate programs. It can suck up so much CPU and disk throughput that it makes the machine unusable. But over the years I've found that it has saved my butt quite a few times. In the office I refer to the Internet as a filthy whore. So we have come to view NAV as an 8000 pound Gorilla, sheathed in a kevlar condom with a single, gigantic, robot arm attached to its side to handle all of the network data.

I was once using the free version of AVG anti-virus and got nailed by a rootkit. I found it using a host of anti-malware tools, then I isolated it, decompiled it, and sent the AVG folks the files and a write-up of what I discovered. They responded by sending me an advertisement for the full paid version of the product.

Nowadays the free version of AVG can bring even a respectable computer to a crawl. Avast does a slightly better job in that respect. That's what I'm using now on my home systems.

In my opinion, I believe it's crucial to use as many malware prevention programs as possible. It can cause problems if you use their realtime scanners in combination, but run manual or automatic scans regularly. And backup your data. Some programs like Dropbox are easy to use and are free, or at least rather inexpensive.

MBAM, SAS, HijackThis, Rootrepeal, Spybot, and several other tools are necessary to eradicate a serious malware infection. A few rootkit infections that I've fought can't be detected and eradicated by a single utility. It takes several to get all of the pieces. And it's best to already have the products installed. Some of the more advanced bugs won't even let you get to the product websites, much less install them, once they get ahold of the system.

And some of those little nasties don't like to be molested. They can be relatively benign to start with, mostly just annoying. However, once they detect they are being attacked, they can cause some serious damage to the OS.

I will say that it is most satisfying to defeat a rootkit infection. But, it can take many hours. I have an associate that provides hw and sw services. It's not cost effective for him to spend a lot of time trying to manually remove a serious malware infection. So he recovers as much of the data as possible, then wipes the system and does a fresh install of the OS and applications.

One other option is to use Linux. There are a lot fewer malware programs targeting that OS.

Dex

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FarleyWayne

FYI...Malwarebytes is free unless you want the constant protection (eg. resident and always scanning). I prefer Avast for that and Malwarebytes for once in a while scans and problem resolution.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

you forgot to preface that statement with "in my opinion"

i've been in I.T. for over 15 years....i can say with confidence that you are completely incorrect..

what's more, it's dangerous to go around making bold statements like that, without telling people it's only your opinion.....someone might actually listen to you, and find themselves completely screwed one day...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Everyone keeps suggesting that we clean our computers but we are not getting any serious response from ATS regarding this issue. There have been several threads going back several months regarding the exact same thing. I can clean my computer each time and stop the potential attacks but the fact remains that ATS needs to adjust the code to prevent these ads from being served on their site.

Why no formal statement from ATS on this?

edit on 17-12-2013 by Tybrus because: spelling

(post by Daedalus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tybrus

No official reply required.

The specific issue occurs on multiple websites across multiple platforms. If you google it, you'll quickly realize and understand that there isn't anything ATS can do about this, as the issue isn't localized to us.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Everyone should install Ubuntu or another Linux Distro., Ubuntu is the best in my experience, easy to use, easy to install, no need for anti-virus, easy add-ons for firefox to deal with tracking/malware (get DoNotTrackMe and MaskMe, both add-ons for firefox made by albine, they stop tracking requests and mask your e-mail address) liberate yourselves and make the NSA's job harder at the same time, Ubuntu + up to date Firefox + a few Firefox add-ons = closest you can get to 100% security without having to have superior computer knowledge to the NSA... which is, difficult nowadays, to say the least...! Happy computing fellow ATS'ers. Windows 7/8 and Apple anything, is an NSA wetdream! Ubuntu is the best!(IMO)

(post by Kuroodo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Bigburgh
The last 4 days my virus software is stating ATS is the source of a Trojan.

You're getting a false positive.

There are several ways I keep track of that possibility for ATS. Our domain is not a source, and our advertisers constantly scan the ad assets for issues. It's from another source.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FarleyWayne

id rather ATS blocked there server ip address,, but i guess that would look,, ????

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by april1

It happened to me today also. turned out to be a rootkit virus named google update and chrome update but neither one of them are loaded on my computer so it has to get through the search feature on firefox.

Run your virus scan and it will find them once found stop the scan, delete and reboot.

All was well after that.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've been noticing pages from ATS automatically open pages such as this:

Dodgy Java Update Site (Only click if you have sufficient AV software)

This happens occasionally when I'm reading on my smart phone as well as on my laptop.

I'm assuming the ATS staff know about this issue?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Using this:

download.cnet.com...

Having no issues.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join