It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"EMBRACE THE SUCK!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

IAMTAT
Reminds me of Ross Perot's "giant sucking sound" coming out of Washington.

LOL, excellent call back to a prophetic statement....and here I thought it was just a giant toilet flushing. Seems like we're all getting sucked down together.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
'Embracing The Suck' is redundant.
Pelosi and Democrats in congress who forced this law down the American people's throat...totally suck already (insert 'swallow' quip here).

edit on 14-12-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Good point, Advantage. I would say, "Could it get any worse?", but I already know the answer to that question.

Bubble wrap, LOL.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

IAMTAT
Pelosi and Democrats in congress who forced this law down the American people's throat...totally suck already (insert 'swallow' quip here).

THEY suck, and we're supposed to swallow.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Can we put her out of our misery already? I`d love to see this bitch dropped into a hot LZ with wounded and let her be told "Embrace the Suck"!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Personally, I would like to see all of them removed and arrested for treason. The American people aren't at that point yet....I don't know what it will take to get them there. Apparently all these recent crimes and gross mismanagement of the government and our future isn't enough.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Having them arrested will do no good, completely removing them from the equation much like you would a cancerous tumor will be the only way. Those in positions of power very seldom relinquish it peacefully at will.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The penalty for a convicted traitor is still death.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There is a vortex of thought active in our world right now. Some have embraced that they are already going to be flushed. They have nothing left to do till then except bring as many down the whirlpool with them. Those they can get.... Needed to be flushed anyway from their point of view.

They may actually be helping. Like a magnet to help locate and remove shrapnel from a body needing healing.

We call people assholes... Yet we'd die without our anus. No less important than the mouth that fed it crap that needs getting rid of in the first place.

I might also just be too immersed in writing narratives right now.

/salute and hug
edit on 14-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

You may be correct. Some people need to be flushed. I guess that's why the Founding Fathers stated emphatically in the Declaration of Independence:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

www.ushistory.org...

We are being reduced "under absolute Despotism"....when will we do our duty?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Love it. Cuddle with it for a while, it may grow on you. Like moss, or a wart.

...or even a cactus!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You REALLY think that IF anyone in a position of power even remotely close to Pelosi could be arrested? Like the U.S. legal system would operate in an efficient manner to bring actual justice to someone like her? Negative. The judges that are not bought and paid for are to afraid to do anything, it will be up to the individuals that have been pushed far enough to do something about it, but then the next Iphone or Xbox will come out and the sheeple will quickly forget who they are mad at and just be mad and continue the wanton destruction of the little bit left that can be considered "American Culture". The cycle continues until the next American Revolutionary war, 2015? maybe 2016 if we are lucky.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
reply to post by BardingTheBard

You may be correct. Some people need to be flushed. I guess that's why the Founding Fathers stated emphatically in the Declaration of Independence:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

www.ushistory.org...

We are being reduced "under absolute Despotism"....when will we do our duty?

%100 agree, the flushing handle or lever is the trigger of a rifle for those that have not caught on. Precisely what the 2nd Amendment is for, to protect the people against tyrannical government. The majority today are just willing to accept more tyranny than we did hundreds of years ago when luxuries were not so common. So many more people would be pissed right now had entertainment not have them in chains.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

S&F!!
Embrace the suck!??!
Nothing surprises me ANYMORE!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You REALLY think that IF anyone in a position of power even remotely close to Pelosi could be arrested?

I didn't say that I thought it was possible....only that it was something that I would like to see. Big difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

LOL Starwise.....Pelosi does have a talent for creating memorable news bytes, doesn't she?

It's the catch phrase for the past two administrations.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Nancy is absolutely going to HATE the way her hair looks in profile.

That will have to do for now.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

argentus

Nancy is absolutely going to HATE the way her hair looks in profile.

That will have to do for now.

Oh yeah, you went there! I would be cool with her looking like Medusa, if she just had integrity and intelligence.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

FissionSurplus
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes, that is what she meant. But I took it as an admonition for everything that is happening in America today. She has a penchant for saying things that end up encompassing a lot more than what she meant it to.

Isn't that what our government is telling us to do? No matter how sucky it is, just to embrace it? Think about it.

I think she was definitely talking about embracing how much the job sucks for the congressmen but they had to do it, however, it was probably a Freudian slip as well, I will give her and the O.P. that.

See, what we seem to have here is something akin to an abusive relationship between the government and the people that is resulting in Stockholm Syndrome.

I am on a very, very negative streak against liberals right now because I am watching as our civil liberties are going out the window to the point where most of the people I know are afraid to even speak openly to each other.

So until someone convinces me that totalitarianism and social Darwinism is better than religion, I'm not going to believe it - although all options seem bad to me at the moment.
edit on 15amSun, 15 Dec 2013 00:44:41 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join