It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"EMBRACE THE SUCK!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I woke up this morning, sat in front of the idiot box and on the news was our own Nancy Pelosi, telling her colleagues to "embrace the suck" regarding their having to stay overnight to hash out the budget.

Something about that just enraged me. I guess because that's basically what she is asking us all to do in this country. Don't try to fix things. Don't read disastrous bills before voting for them. Don't think too deeply about who we vote for. Don't mind when politicians such as our numbnuts president tell us one lie after another. Don't mind that our freedoms are damned near gone, and that we're treated like cattle at airports, groped, embarrassed, and our stuff ripped off out of our suitcases. Don't mind that the NSA has turned into an Orwellian nightmare and we're being spied on continuously even though we have done nothing wrong (because, you know, we MIGHT). Don't protest, don't fight back, don't make waves.....just embrace it. Embrace the SUCK. Embrace the horrific change from the land of the free to a fascist banana republic in just 50 years.

Love it. Cuddle with it for a while, it may grow on you. Like moss, or a wart.

Isn't she great? NOT. This is the same empty headed fruit loop who said that we needed to pass the healthcare bill to find out what was in it. No wonder we as a country are going down the toilet, when we have bobbleheads like this chattering like magpies while they aid and abet "real change we can believe in". How's that "change" working for ya, Amerikka?

While I was cursing a blue streak, I found out that, while they passed the budget bill and cut off extended unemployment benefits for people, they found plenty of money to give an extra $173 million to Israel for them to update their missile defense system, plus the $3.1 BILLION that we promised them.
www.washingtontimes.com...

We have nothing for our own, but a crap ton for a tiny sliver of warmongering sand somewhere far away.

Embrace the suck, people.

GAAHHHH!!! I should have stayed in bed!!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

It's hard to embrace the suck when it's full of thorns. Hugs and embraces are supposed to be soft and warm, and supportive....

Mrs. Embrace the suck, needs a straight jacket, post haste.

Excellent thread Fission!

Des

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
OK, I agree with and understand everything you said except the start

I woke up this morning, sat in front of the idiot box and on the news was our own Nancy Pelosi, telling her colleagues to "embrace the suck" regarding their having to stay overnight to hash out the budget.

On the surface it seems to me like she was saying "the jobs not done and were not leaving till it is"
What am I missing coz this seems like something we should be happy politicians are doing?

Wouldnt it have been worse if she said " OK its 10PM I know we havent finished but Im tired, lets go home and finish up tomorrow"

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Epic rant, FS!

I agree with pretty much all of it, but you said way better than I ever could have. I only wish that I could give you more than one flag..

Isn't she the same one that said the death of the forty hour work week would give everyone time to pursue their happiness and passion in life? It's hard to keep all of their BS straight since there is so much of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just imagine. The President has stated more than once that he looks forward to seeing her retake her position as House Speaker after the midterms.

That thought is enough to lose sleep over, some nights.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL, Des, that's funny, because I was picturing embracing a cactus.

Don't mind the spikes.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes, that is what she meant. But I took it as an admonition for everything that is happening in America today. She has a penchant for saying things that end up encompassing a lot more than what she meant it to.

Isn't that what our government is telling us to do? No matter how sucky it is, just to embrace it? Think about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Just imagine. The President has stated more than once that he looks forward to seeing her retake her position as House Speaker after the midterms.

That thought is enough to lose sleep over, some nights.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

If you do get to sleep, it's enough to give you nightmares. The dumbing down of America starts at the very top, apparently.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
But.... But.... It is so much easier to just sit back and let all those people who are making the hard decisions do what we pay them to do. I don't have to worry about. I don't have to think about. I just let them tell me what is best, then I follow because I am lazy. It hurts my head to think about all that hard political stuff....

In reality, I watch this train wreck happen, and have no idea how to pull the brakes....

Worthy rant Fission.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thank you, Doodle. Most people (and I used to be one of them) just lived my life and ignored politics, because it was too confusing and too hard to think about. Embracing is a much more passive activity than resisting, is it not?

Drink the fluoride and eat the Prozac, The Voice has some fantastic performances you must see! Unemployed? No problem. Can't afford Obamacare? Don't worry about it. NSA spying on your every move? If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to fear.

That stuff going on in DC? Don't worry about it, they have it totally under control.

God help us all.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Believe me, I sometimes wish I could go back those carefree days where I thought the Gov was looking out for my best interest. Where I didn't scream at my t.v. during presidential speeches, or the media praising the latest agreement reached. Back in those good ol days where I didn't get sick worrying over the future of my children.

Sadly though, my blinders have been tossed to the wayside and I can see their lies and plotting as clear as day in front of my face.

I hope they "embraced the suck" for one night, while we are left to suffer a lifetime from the choices they make while pulling an all nighter. Poor babies, someone schedule them a massage!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I hope they "embraced the suck" for one night, while we are left to suffer a lifetime from the choices they make while pulling an all nighter. Poor babies, someone schedule them a massage!
reply to post by Doodle19815

That's it exactly. They pull one all nighter before taking off a month, but we are left to suffer the consequences of their poor choices for decades to come. I'm sure they all strutted around afterwards, patting each other on the back for a "job well done". If their job entails screwing us all over and kicking the fiscal can down the road, then yeah, they did great. But I don't believe that is their job.

Politics is the only place where, the worse an employee does, the more they get paid and the more rewards they receive.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Not asking for a star here.. I would like an answer.

Who in California is voting for Pelosi?

Her philosophy is to jam a hand in the garbage disposal and click the switch to see what happens.
It makes me feel numb with confusion. Place emotion here.....
edit on 14-12-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

It equates to my father asking 4 year old me to pull his finger. Or hey timmy. Guess that smell.

LOL....
I said no stars....lol but thanx whom ever did that.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

I had to star you because what you wrote was funny.

Nancy Pelosi is a congresswoman representing the 12th District of California....That last bastion of strangeness known as San Francisco. Don't get me wrong, I love San Fran....it's a great town to party in. However, if you want the most leftist thinkers on the Left Coast, this is the place.

Pic taken in San Francisco.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's also like when he hot mic'd to PM Medvedev about telling Putin to wait till his second upcoming term. And give him a chance on the missile defence shield.

What did he mean by that...who is he Aligning the pack with?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigburgh

It's pretty creepy that Obama was so smugly certain that he would get elected a second term, isn't it? I personally suspect that our elections are pretty much pre-determined at that level.

As for the congresspeople and senators, they are typically small minded idiots who can be bought off. Everybody has a price, right? Too bad those fools walk around with their price tags hanging out.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Reminds me of Ross Perot's "giant sucking sound" coming out of Washington.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yes it was quite predetermined it seemed.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I pray all the time that Biden and Obama take separate planes everywhere and kinda hope we bubble wrap them both. NOt that I like anything about them or this administration in the least.. just the fact that if anything happens to both of them.. Pelosi will be in line for more power in their absence. All by herself she is more nutbag than I can even wrap my head around.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another is Reid.. he's soft spoken with a hard hitting agenda. What's scary is unlike Pelosi who has the crazy card to get bills passed.
Seems there is no dirt on Reid. Boom pass that bill and we'll give you an extension....but no wiggle room. Or we all shut it down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join