It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing Wood Carving!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I preferred the Tree, it was much more beautiful.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

DrunkYogi
I preferred the Tree, it was much more beautiful.

I wish people would read all of the comments. The tree had rot. It was dying.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Exquisite. Thanks for sharing.

F&S

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Night Star
Wow, the talent of some people just astound me! Can you imagine the work that went into that?

Haha literally this was the first post I've ever seen on ATS that brought out a "Wow" from my mouth out loud. And I've seen some pretty "wow"y sh#t around here lol, both good and bad. But that I think is the best word to describe this piece of art. What a masterpiece. If I was that tree, I'd have gladly given my life so that I could be converted into a piece of human history like that!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
All humans seem to delight in is turning life into death and dressing it up in a way they feel is pretty. Oh, look at what we have created! A testament to the glory of human endeavor! The living tree was a work of beauty unmatched by anything humanity has ever laid hands on as well as a giver of life to humans in the form of oxygen. Oh well, praise be to he that takes life to give us pretty corpses.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

All humans seem to delight in is turning life into death and dressing it up in a way they feel is pretty. Oh, look at what we have created! A testament to the glory of human endeavor! The living tree was a work of beauty unmatched by anything humanity has ever laid hands on as well as a giver of life to humans in the form of oxygen. Oh well, praise be to he that takes life to give us pretty corpses.

Did you happen to read any of the above comments? You are about the third person that has condemned this carving as it were an act of genocide. The tree was dying from rot at it's base. The artist did not cut down a healthy tree for this. If nobody was around, the tree would have died, fallen over and that would have been the end of it. Instead, this master artist took the opportunity to make something astounding and beautiful that will be inspiring countless people for hundreds of years to come. In other words, chill. Enjoy the art.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The creative ability of Man is only exceeded by God's. This is truly a breath-taking work of art. One could spend hours just looking at the detail. Of the most wondrous tidbits is that this 3D art was inspired by a 2D piece of artwork. Beautiful.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
For those condemning this man for turning a tree that was dying into this beautiful piece of art, who appear to condemn the cutting down of any tree must all be living in brick house without any wood in them. You must burn gasoline in your campfires and have your marshmallows on steel rods. Any wooden bowls, salad forks or spoons, cutting boards in your houses?

I believe in preserving all living things as much as possible but I also know that we all live at the expense of others. Art is essential for life without it we may as well all sit around a rock and suck on lumps of coal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join