It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing Wood Carving!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
When will Giorgio comment on this that a human could not possibly do this work. He must have had help....

Could we not show the same astonishment and wonder at the ancient stone masons and their work?

edit on 12/14/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Caroline13456
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Sorry OP and everyone else who thinks this is so "awesome".

I think the tree was much more beautiful standing and alive.

Blue Wolf

knew there would be "one of those".

I'm another one of those. The creation is awesome, and a work of art. Yet the tree was a healthy tree, and growing just fine.

Question, does he now put a wood stain or something over the artwork so it doesn't start to decompose? How does that work on something as large and intricate as this? Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You spray it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I wonder if the tree might have had a disease or infested with a pest? Maybe the tree was due to be cut down for some sort of development? Though I can't prove it, I find it hard to believe he just picked out a huge beautiful tree and cut it down so he could carve it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Page one.... several posts added nothing to humanity but hate. This will only be multiplied if they have prodegy. Sad to think huh...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I found some more pictures and the tree had rot at the base.

www.thisiscolossal.com...

He turned a tree that was on the way out into something that would hopefully preserve the memory of it's life. More people have admired and enjoyed it this way than could ever have before. A much better tribute than using it as firewood.

Even if I could shift things around to create the time I would not have the patience to complete it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

Billions more trees around...only one got turned into this awesome piece of art.
If I was that tree I would be proud what I ended up as.
edit on 15-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

You spray it.

Could spray work in the tiny windows and very tiny spaces he has carved in some of the wood? I'm not a woodworker, but spray sounds like some droplets would be too much material for very tiny places.

And I'm glad to hear the tree was already on its road to dying, that gives more of a perspective to his caring for nature. I'm going to have to go back and look at the OP pictures with zoom and admire it even further.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

Caroline13456

Blue Wolf

No you don't. You're just saying that trying to be a "cool" environmentalist or something, attempting to minimize something so beautiful and exceptional. Didn't work...didn't fool anyone.
edit on 12/15/2013 by WeAreAWAKE because: Meant to quote...not reply

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Superb workmanship! I've seen some pretty awesome Chinese carvings done in Jade as well. If any get the opportunity, I'd suggest checking those out as well.

To those who have feelings about this poor tree and how it was cut down, how do you not know that the tree isn't rejoicing in its new immortalized form?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
WOW I am amazed by this! Thank you for sharing! That tree was memorialized into an AWESOME piece of actual carved art. Art is very subjective, and a carving is hardly recognized as such anymore, however this is a true art piece that a human had to use tools that pained the hands and fingers in order to create. I LOVE stuff like this! Again, thank you for sharing this with us!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I used to have an air conditioner that I used in my basement. It was mostly to dehumidify it...but also to cool it. It had this hose that ran up the middle of the air vent. Since it was a refrigerated air unit, it made a lot of water, and it would spray it out of this hose in a 'nano mist'. YOu couldn't really feel the mist coming out, and it would evaporate before hitting your hand. It was tres cool...now i have to carry buckets of water up every few days.

I would bet that there is a process that is similar for paints.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You cannot compete with China in any way

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheMan

JustTheMan
There's really no need for this is there??

Vulgar display of time wasted when one could have been helping the sick and needy.

That's all I have to say right now as I am away to volunteer at the children's hospital now.

This man spent 8,760 hours making this to motivate people about human potential, what humanity is able to do, and to impress people to uplift their mood with such beauty, and you devalue this by calling it a "vulgar display of time wasted". And then you subtly compare yourself by mentioning the fact that you're volunteering at "a children's hospital".

Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

JustTheMan
There's really no need for this is there??

Vulgar display of time wasted when one could have been helping the sick and needy.

That's all I have to say right now as I am away to volunteer at the children's hospital now.

I bet they would love it if you brought them each a little wood carving they could keep, and cherish. yes?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Amazing work of Art.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Nice craftsmanship but I think the tree was far more beautiful when it was just being a tree.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

ZOMG this guy is amazing!! Havent read the whole thing but I wonder how much its worth!
rgds Jay

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Caroline13456

Blue Wolf

silliest post of the day award goes to!.......

rgds Jay

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Power_Semi
Nice craftsmanship but I think the tree was far more beautiful when it was just being a tree.

As mentioned above, the tree had rot at the base. It was going to die and eventually fall over anyways. I think this is a much better end to a tree's life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join