It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China lands Jade Rabbit robot rover on Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I am just waiting for the complaints that the rover doesn't have a 16MP true colour camera (not a Bayer camera) and not a HD live feed.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Was watching it live on the English Chinese TV news channel ....will be good to see what they discover and hopefully don't censor it like NASA does ...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This seems to be the official site for the mission,

english.cntv.cn...

In edit, I forgot to say congrats to the Chinese on their achievement.

edit on 14-12-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

superman2012
Interesting thread! Wasn't there something saying that the moon rang or vibrated when they crashed/exploded something on the surface?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

alfa1

scotsdavy1
will see if they pick up the stars from the moon as well....

Why would you expect the cameras to pick up stars if the exposure is set for viewing the surface?

Is it because being "in space" somehow magically changes the laws of optics?

Seeing if they pick up the stars was one of the first things that popped into my head as well. Considering no one has apparently landed a craft like this on the moon since the 70's, and since those original missions are surrounded in conspiracy theories, many of which revolve around the apparent lack of stars in the background sky, then it would be very interesting to see images from a 3rd party like China to see if they corroborate what has been captured in those early missions. Then again I wouldn't really expect China to give the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Still worth keeping an eye on though.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Will be watching with interest. Bet America is non too pleased about it. Wait until they put a man on the moon next....

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

alfa1

superman2012
Interesting thread! Wasn't there something saying that the moon rang or vibrated when they crashed/exploded something on the surface?

Not to self promote, but I created a rather in depth analysis thread concerning the Hollow Moon Theory some time ago which is much more detailed than the one you linked to.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
Seeing if they pick up the stars was one of the first things that popped into my head as well. Considering no one has apparently landed a craft like this on the moon since the 70's, and since those original missions are surrounded in conspiracy theories, many of which revolve around the apparent lack of stars in the background sky, then it would be very interesting to see images from a 3rd party like China to see if they corroborate what has been captured in those early missions.

Actually you can try this experiment for yourself.

Go outside on a cloudless night and use some kind of very bright light to illuminate some grey rocks.
Strong flashlight, camera flash, bright spotlight, holding the rock close in front of car headlights...etc... to illuminate the rocks with the same intensity as the sun would during the day.

Then, after taking correctly exposed images of those rocks, can you also see stars in the background sky?

I think not.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

alfa1

superman2012

Not to self promote, but I created a rather in depth analysis thread concerning the Hollow Moon Theory some time ago which is much more detailed than the one you linked to.

I think self-promotion is fine if the information is useful and interesting. Thanks for the link, and I'll be reading it at some point soon myself. I will now self promote:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting times. I can't wait to see what some of the pictures look like and the quality of them. It's been so long since we've landed on the moon and done anything.

It's a shame they can't visit the appllo landing sites but i'm not bothered about that be honest. Some day somebody will land close to them and we'll see them again in all their glory.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
They are searching for the new walmart build site (sorry) This is what happens when you fill your landfills with chinese junk, shipping all of your jobs overseas. Basically, they do most everything with former US funds. Spend, spend, they want Mars next, buy some more crap amerikka, it is christmas, support the chinese economy.....fund your own demise...

We sent so much money over there we had to borrow back 17 trillion!

OP, pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

More detailed perhaps, but I was directly addressing the question the other poster had about crashing spacecraft into the surface to cause earthquakes.

Both your thread and the one I linked to confirm that the phrase "ringing like a bell" said to a reporter was a throwaway comment not supported by the actual hard evidence like the actual seismograms that were recorded.

Both your thread and the one I linked to confirm that even to this day, many people dont care about looking at the hard evidence and instead prefer to hang their hat on that throwaway comment, like its biblicially infallible, or made of gold.

---

Edit - case in point. In the other thread, you made a posting referring to the "ringing like a bell" quote.
But the link you cited as evidence actually also included seismograms and other data that did NOT support your assertion.
But... hey, its the casual comment to a reporter that appears to be more important than actual data, right?

edit on 14-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Oh no.. Now you've done it... I worked so hard to keep that past life a top secret, too. Now I'll have MIB and DHS and and... Oh.. no..

Exposed! How could it have come to this?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I'm not disagreeing with you, I think you are most probably right about the exposure theory, but I'm still quite interested to see what China comes up with in any case.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Thumbs high China

I wasn't sure when this was suppose to happen. I read about this attempt a couple of years ago. Isn't India planning one soon also?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Here you go....

edit on 14-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oops, double post

edit on 14-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
They are searching for the new walmart build site (sorry) This is what happens when you fill your landfills with chinese junk, shipping all of your jobs overseas. Basically, they do most everything with former US funds. Spend, spend, they want Mars next, buy some more crap amerikka, it is christmas, support the chinese economy.....fund your own demise...

Only an American could see a negative in this story.
Some of you guys seem to think the universe belongs to the US and anyone stepping foot (or jade rabbit in this case) outside of their national borders is a direct threat to your way of life.

Why is China going to the Moon or even Mars a bad thing exactly?

EDIT: sorry should have asked whats bad about it apart from ruining the delusions of some people that think they are the masters of the universe.

EDIT 2: dont blame the Chinese for your jobs being overseas, the AMERICAN owners of these companies are the ones who screwed you not the Chinese

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Why is China going to the Moon or even Mars a bad thing exactly?

You got it, IKnow! /UP/

I've said it before and I'll always say this. Inside the atmosphere, we're American, Russian or Chinese ..to name a few.

On the other side of that atmosphere and in open space or other worlds? We're Terrans. Nothing we encounter out there will give two hoots for what little political division somewhere on our world's land masses we care more about than another. The concern, when (my view on inevitability) we make full and formal contact some day...the question for them will simply be, what planet did you wander in from?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Edit - case in point. In the other thread, you made a posting referring to the "ringing like a bell" quote.
But the link you cited as evidence actually also included seismograms and other data that did NOT support your assertion.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Clive Neal made the comment that the moon was "ringing like a bell"... I never said his comment was true, but the moon does vibrate for extended periods of time when struck or when a moonquake occurs, so he was most likely giving an analogy between the way the moon vibrates and the way a ringing bell vibrates for long periods of time, and not literally saying that the moon makes a bell sound or what ever it is you think he was saying. My last post in that thread concluded that the moon was probably not hollow based on the math.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join