It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tazer-Ball - a cool new sport...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This looks like an interesting sport. I think what they should do though is play a game more like this.

I think what they should do though is play a game more like this though. Like a real tazer battle game:

then there's this...hmmm

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Really, using a weapon in a sport? Who thinks of these things? Tazers have been known to kill people with people who have medical problems.

I see it as barbaric and physically dangerous! I would categorize this in the same abusive sport as boxing, cage fighting and kick boxing. When you purposely want to physically harm another person, it's not considered a sport but sick entertainment.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is the most moronic thing I have read in a while.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You know, my history class spent a fair amount of time on Rome and the fall of that civilization. Not the final days and Rome being sacked. We focused a lot on the factors within Roman society that had changed and altered to bring down what, at one time, was beyond imagination to those of the time for a power to implode.

One of the things that struck me was their fascination with violence, blood sport and death. The 100 Days, for instance, where for 100+ days, they ran nonstop Colosseum fighting with thousands of men and animals slaughtered to the entertainment of Romans in the stands. A blood orgy is what it could have been rightly called...and they went wild and ate it up.

The enormous size of the amphitheatres indicates how popular these exhibitions were. The Colosseum was dedicated in AD 80 with 100 days of games. One day 3,000 men fought; on another 9,000 animals were killed. It seated 50,000 people.
Source: Murderous Games: Gladiatorial Contests in Ancient Rome

How far are we today, from that, when using weapons with full impact delivered, becomes sport? When electricution by stunners is funny and sporting....how far IS it before a few drops of blood mix in this, and the crowd really reacts? That won't be lost on the organizers...and so, we'll see the next one go a step further, and yet another step after that.

Before you know it, we'll have our own version of the 100 days.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

WeRpeons

Really, using a weapon in a sport? Who thinks of these things? Tazers have been known to kill people with people who have medical problems.

I see it as barbaric and physically dangerous! I would categorize this in the same abusive sport as boxing, cage fighting and kick boxing. When you purposely want to physically harm another person, it's not considered a sport but sick entertainment.

football and rugby players get hurt far worse than this

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're asking how far from some fashion of the real Hunger Games?

What's the last words to that old song Send in the Clows?[?i]:
"Don't worry they're here."
edit on 14-12-2013 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Are Football and Rugby players carrying literal weapons designed with no purpose but to inflict pain and force compliance?

This isn't a game, this is the ultimate "Running with scissors is FUN!" video for showing how to profoundly misuse technology meant to seriously hurt people. Yikes... I know those aren't tasers, but for those who have been zapped with a stunner, I dare say, it can be worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Before you know it, we'll have our own version of the 100 days.

Overall, I think comparisons between Rome and America aren't really straight forward. Americans appear to be steeped in mindless entertainment, but I don't think it's the bloodiness of the content that's the issue.

If anything, I sometimes feel people aren't shown enough reality at times. Look at shooting rampages and the like ... all politely sanitized whilst people have infinite entertainment. Maybe that's a bit like the 100 days, where people have so much to do and things to spend money on that they forget themselves and the world around them.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Great idea! Reminds me of the three days I spent in the hospital not sure if I was ever going to see again. It seems getting shot int he eyelid with a Daisy one cock bb gun can be quite dangerous.....

Yup that was me bb gun wars at ten years old. I actually saw the bb right before it hit me, lucky blink... Still hemorrhaged into the back of my eye-socket badly enough to require three days in the hospital under observation with both eyes patched.

Wonder how a Taser prong would feel?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

LMAO

Dude I thought that was awesome!!!
It would be interesting to find out if those Tasers are full powered or toned down a bit.
I wonder what the rules are? From that short clip they didnt seem as Taser happy as I would have assumed.

For all of you saying its barbaric Im guessing youve never seen AFL, Aussie kids from 6 years old play a game tougher than that

As for the comparisons with the Colosseum I think thats a bit extreme, these guys are thrill seekers and maybe masochists but definitely there by choice and most likely getting paid quite well. The people in Roman games were slaves or criminals put there whether they liked it or not.

Call me an idiot but Id have a crack at it

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

LMAO

Dude I thought that was awesome!!!
It would be interesting to find out if those Tasers are full powered or toned down a bit.
I wonder what the rules are? From that short clip they didnt seem as Taser happy as I would have assumed.

For all of you saying its barbaric Im guessing youve never seen AFL, Aussie kids from 6 years old play a game tougher than that

As for the comparisons with the Colosseum I think thats a bit extreme, these guys are thrill seekers and maybe masochists but definitely there by choice and most likely getting paid quite well. The people in Roman games were slaves or criminals put there whether they liked it or not.

Call me an idiot but Id have a crack at it

that's really cool. talk about brutle

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why don't they invite Cops to join them. More fun.

top topics

join