It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Conservatives Hate Pope Francis So Much ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

2012newstart

As why for example the renamed inquisition office should exist and exert rulings in 21st century, after we have the most inglorious pages of the Catholic church connected exactly with that office.

Need a link to that thread. I dinna know the Inquisition Office still existed. Very sinister.

Including the question how to deal with extraterrestrial beings already residing on Earth (shall we baptize them for instance).

Yes, baptize them if you like (and of course with their permission - otherwise, it's an assault by tossing water on them), but don't use salt water. They dissolve in salt water.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One important point here: "Conservative" does not equal "Rush Limbaugh." If you REALLY want to find out what "conservatives" believe (generally speaking, not "Catholic conservatives"), then listen to people like George Will and Charles Krauthammer, both very conservative, and both on record as admiring the Pope.

Rush Limbaugh has done more to hurt the cause of conservatism than any other single individual in history. he's just an entertainer and a windbag, and most conservatives know it. If you listen to what Rush says and think you know all about conservatives, you're doing yourself a massive disfavor.
edit on 12/15/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Rush Limbaugh has done more to hurt the cause of conservatism than any other single individual in history. he's just an entertainer and a windbag, and most conservatives know it. If you listen to what Rush says and think you know all about conservatives, you're doing yourself a massive disfavor.

Gasp!!

Schuyler!!!!
*clears throat*

See, we do agee on some things!

EDIT: I even starred you!

edit on 12/15/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Pope Francis ???

never heard of em... are they peaceful?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Pope Francis ???

never heard of em... are they peaceful?

Are you serious?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

schuyler

edit on 12/15/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

That's utter blasphemy!!!! The ATS idol, where the Right Wing of God, St. Limbaugh, with wisdom on loan from GOD, spreads his holy word; His Holiness Rush the spiritual guru of the GOP, who holds the torch of all things sacred to the Reaganites. And you call him an ENTERTAINER.......

Burn the Heretic!!!

edit on 15-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

ok ok I'm doing some research here...

the "God on Earth" thing seems a little weird, but it's none of my business if his followers want to believe that... as long as it doesn't turn nasty.

this seems a little strange too but hey... NIMBY!

"It is important now that the true believers of the Church address their allegiance to the Papal Authority of the Vatican and of the Son’s chosen successor, the leader of the Church in Rome."

www.endtimesdaily.com...

I'm a conservative... I don't hate that guy or anyone really except Richard Dawkins

...I'm workin' on it though

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well done you!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

wildtimes

Well done you!

that's why I love private property rights... my neighbor can have a statue of Buddha in is backyard which he visits everyday. I'm cool with that, we got it all in the United States baby... and one of the best perks is the food!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Rush Limbaugh has done more to hurt the cause of conservatism than any other single individual in history.

One step further - he's done an awful lot of damage to this country - period. He is no patriot

This system - with (for the time being) just the two parties - only functions if both are rational, functioning parties

They need each other, and this country needs them both, whether people realize that or not. It really is a team effort and a balancing act. Weight, counterweight - balance

I'm glad to hear you say it - it gives me hope

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Because he's a fraud....the Pope (according to the Catholic Law) is God on Earth, the previous one couldn't resign. How do you get rid of GOD?? I guess Satan lives in this pope!! He is ushering in the beginning of THE END!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It is called Congregation of doctrine of faith, with its former prefect cardinal Ratzinger before he was elected pope. It is the same office, called sometimes the sacred office, in the past - the sacred inquisition. Recently its prefect...forgot his name... issued a ban on Medjugorje public appearances of the seer Ivan in USA (he is US citizen). That sparked me to start a thread but it is defunct now and I don't wanna go back there. You can find it in this same section of Religion. I think the days of this and other offices are literally counted. But what comes next?

edit on 16-12-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

LaElvis
reply to post by CosmicDude

Because he's a fraud....the Pope (according to the Catholic Law) is God on Earth, the previous one couldn't resign. How do you get rid of GOD?? I guess Satan lives in this pope!! He is ushering in the beginning of THE END!

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. It's baffling how some people don't take the time to do 5 minutes worth of research before they start spouting off about things they know nothing about.

The Pope is NOT God on earth. This is not taught by Catholic Law (what specifically are you referring to here?) and is not believed by Catholics.

Eric

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Cardinal chair of Curia reform says old structure is over ncronline.org...
Cardinal Oscar Rodríguez Maradiaga responded to questions about the curial reform process in a wide-ranging interview with Basilian Fr. Thomas Rosica of Salt and Light Television in Canada earlier this week. Rodríguez is chair of the committee of eight cardinals who were appointed by Pope Francis to advise him on reforming the Curia.

Rodríguez said his committee has received suggestions from all over the world, including 80 pages of suggestions from Latin American alone. "We have put them together around the main themes," he reports. "There is convergence in many of the main subjects so we can say that it is the work of the Holy Spirit, it is not ours. You cannot have millions of Catholics in the world suggesting the same unless the Holy Spirit is inspiring."

Wuerl named to bishops' panel; Burke not confirmed ncronline.org...
Pope Francis on Monday named Cardinal Donald Wuerl of Washington, D.C., as a member of the Vatican's all-important Congregation for Bishops, essentially ratifying Wuerl as a highly influential figure in terms of shaping bishops' appointments in the United States.

Wuerl was the only new American named to the congregation by Francis, although the pope also confirmed Cardinal William Levada, who stepped down in July 2012 as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, as a member of the body.

Francis likewise confirmed that the Congregation for Bishops will continue to be led by Canadian Cardinal Marc Ouellet, who's held the position since June 2010.

Notably, Francis did not confirm Cardinal Raymond Burke, president of the Apostolic Signatura, the Vatican's highest court, as a member of the Congregation for Bishops. Generally seen as occupying a prominent place on the church's conservative wing, Burke had been named to the Congregation for Bishops by Benedict XVI in 2009. The pope also did not confirm Cardinal Justin Rigali as a member, who stepped down as the archbishop of Philadelphia in 2011.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
ANALYSIS: Pope Francis’ Vatican reforms may prompt curial pushback www.religionnews.com...

NY Times: Pope Replaces Conservative U.S. Cardinal on Influential Vatican Committee www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

wildtimes

Well done you!

that's why I love private property rights... my neighbor can have a statue of Buddha in is backyard which he visits everyday. I'm cool with that, we got it all in the United States baby... and one of the best perks is the food!

You write funny posts, oh do we need this at ATS. It is a gift.

Things in the world are getting worse. St. Michael in private revelation asks for people to pray his prayer three times a day not just once.

The St. Michael prayer use to be prayed after Holy Mass, still is in the Tridentine Mass and a few Novus Ordo Masses (New Mass). Also, prayed near the very end of the rosary.

Don't be shocked, I know this prayer by heart (tee hee).

PRAYER TO
SAINT MICHAEL
THE ARCHANGEL

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
cast into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen..

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colbe, no offense, but do you follow the discussion at all.
Ypu said that I loved the Catholic church. Thanks! I love it. But I don't really need that recognition by you and blessing for my posts. I'd rather like to hear your well argued position on the issues we discuss. Namely, the change in the Vatican, the conservatives and the reformers within the hi hierarchy, the possible outcome of the biggest reform since Vatican 2. From catholic perspective, or from secular perspective (as most of the posters took it instead).
edit on 18-12-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
A month ago I suggested there would be a liberal revolt in the church if no change is made on time (in another thread).
Will there be a conservative revolt now when it is clear pope Francis takes much larger views on many issues, similar to the approach but not identical with Vatican 2. And seems he is supported by millions ?! of private catholic letters from S. America. Is it a kind of referendum that the Catholic church never had in her history? Cardinal Maradiaga cannot be more explicit saying that millions of devote people speaking in similar voice represent the Holy Spirit moves them to do so. Interesting point of view. So not only the bishops' assembly, an old Orthodox paradigm of the one voice of the Church. I like the innovation ideas, and expect what real form they will take (what matters, after all).

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

2012newstart
reply to post by colbe

Colbe, no offense, but do you follow the discussion at all.
Ypu said that I loved the Catholic church. Thanks! I love it. But I don't really need that recognition by you and blessing for my posts. I'd rather like to hear your well argued position on the issues we discuss. Namely, the change in the Vatican, the conservatives and the reformers within the hi hierarchy, the possible outcome of the biggest reform since Vatican 2. From catholic perspective, or from secular perspective (as most of the posters took it instead).
edit on 18-12-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

I am offended alright, I was commenting to Sisyphus' post, it is above my comment. Don't be a troublemaker. When did I say you loved the Catholic Church? I wish...truly. The Remnant is Roman
Catholic.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

colbe

2012newstart

colbe

Conservative, traditional Catholics who love the Latin Mass are ATTACKED often by fallen away Catholics and the rest, ungodly political liberals, non-Catholic Christians who are brought up denying, protesting the faith and non-Christians.

Read 2012newstart's threads, they are all very very negative about the faith, Roman Catholicism.

Why promote instead, UFOs and aliens as being good for who knows what reason.

I do not agree with the poster Colbe that my threads are "very, very negative" about the Roman Catholic faith and church. Indeed I put some controversial historical and contemporary facts that still await their answers. As why for example the renamed inquisition office should exist and exert rulings in 21st century, after we have the most inglorious pages of the Catholic church connected exactly with that office.

I believe many of these questions will be properly addressed by the reform of pope Francis. Including the question how to deal with extraterrestrial beings already residing on Earth (shall we baptize them for instance). I discuss that issue in length in one of my top threads (click on the profile). A question very important if someone wants to feed 7 billion people that only grow in numbers. If someone wants to cure diseases. And not only to assure the next generation catholics having privilege to be born in US or EU will have good health coverage and education. The Church is the church of the poor, since may be 800 million members of Catholic church live in misery and in Third world countries.

One cannot possibly resolve world's outstanding social and economic injustice with methods and also tech of early 20th century. New methods including new AVAILABLE technologies are needed to feed the hungry and cure the sick. Because we are not miracle makers as Jesus was.
edit on 15-12-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

There is the one faith, given to the world by the Church Christ established, Roman Catholicism, the RCC. Your "inquisition" protest in this reply isn't a slam of the faith, you love Roman Catholicism.

I appreciate of your some kind of endorsement of my love to Roman catholicism, at that particular post. But I don't need however that exactly. Rather your discussion on the topic.

So what is your intake on conservatives' view inside the church? Do you think they will revolt if the pope and leading cardinals take a more liberal approach to a number of questions? Thanks in advance for your answer, I don't intend to cover all your words with mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join