It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Media -Iranians Pull Out of Nuke Talks / Iranian Media - US sanctions against Iran, act of war

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Israel wants the talks to fail and we all know what Israel wants congress gives them.. When your Israels B*tch you jump when they talk.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by iRoyalty

Has the US ever attacked a nation that is stronger than it?

Nobody is stronger than the US these days... I think that speaks volumes upon itself.

Have a look at the force projection of the US and compare it to any of it's top "rivals". She can outgun most of them combined. It always leaves me with a feeling of shock & awe when I see the statistics and capabilities of it's air force, navy or even the average troop numbers of a squadron and what they are packing.

The US cannot fight a nation that is stronger than it... If they are stronger the US will simply outnumber them on the battlefield. The nations that could but up a fight against the US such as the UK are good allies and then if things went sour my nation wouldn't last more than a week.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by iRoyalty

Has the US ever attacked a nation that is stronger than it?

Yes
- Great Britain (revolutionary war)
- Great Britain (war of 1812)
- Germany - WWI
- Germany - WWII
- Japan - WWII
- China (Korean war)

edit on 17-12-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Japan was never stronger than the USA hence why they got complety and utterly arse kicked. Even a lot of Japans gennerals and admirals saw it and balked at the plan. I think they just got cocky due to the defeats it delt on the current world superpower britain while its attention was on europe. But once britain had delt with germany idoubt if it could of stood its ground against a determinef british counter attack either.

Japan lost the pacific war from the moment it attacked pearl habour, the only thing in queation was how quick and how hard its defeat world be.
edit on 17-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

At the time Japan was stronger than the US, as was Germany.

The war turned south for Japan starting with the battle of midway.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The true power of Japan was it's ideology, we've all seen the films and TV programmes such as the old Pearl harbour films or more modern ones like The Pacific.

I believe as a nation they would have fought to the death if it wasn't for those two nuclear devices the US dropped on them.

Also halfway through that war the US outgunned Japan as one famous Japanese general said: "Attacking pearl harbour will awake the sleeping giant". If you think about it, it was Japan that unintentionally created the American military industrial complex.

If it was down to time the US could never have lost against Japan, when the US stood up and stretched it's arms it was unstoppable. Thank god for the nuclear bomb though because if it was not for the nuke you would have had to kill millions of Japanese soldiers, men, women and children... No first world nation has the stomach for that on the scale that would have been needed.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

RAY1990
Thank god for the nuclear bomb though because if it was not for the nuke you would have had to kill millions of Japanese soldiers, men, women and children... No first world nation has the stomach for that on the scale that would have been needed.

Wow misinformed you are,

The Japanese were about to surrender anyway before the Nukes were dropped.
Those Nukes were completely unnecessary and just a show of force to show the world what they had.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

Well, it's much more complicated than that... But to boil it down to a few words, Imperial Japan would have still existed and the Soviets would have moved into Asia and the Pacific on a large scale. It was a deterrent to many nations at once.

As horrifying as those weapons are they probably saved countless lives in the long run.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join