It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Media -Iranians Pull Out of Nuke Talks / Iranian Media - US sanctions against Iran, act of war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
** Iranian title was edited due to not enough room for title - US sanctions against Iran, act of war: Analyst **

Iranians Pull Out of Nuke Talks

BY: Adam Kredo
December 13, 2013 10:08 am

Iranian negotiators abruptly ended nuclear talks with Western powers in Vienna on Friday just a day after the Obama administration announced tighter sanctions on Tehran.

Iran had threatened that new or tighter sanctions would nullify the recently reached Geneva interim deal, which is not yet in effect.

The Iranians abruptly “halted” the talks and left Vienna so that they could consult with higher-level officials about how to proceed with talks following the tighter sanctions, which were announced Thursday morning by the U.S. Treasury Department.

Click link for remainder of article...

So.... Where do we go from here?

Here is the weid part... According to the article the Democrats were able to successfully block the proposed sanctions. The sanctions in question in this case actually came from the Treasury Department, which right now makes no sense to me at all. It comes across as the Left hand not knowing what the Right hand is doing.

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill had been trying to increase sanctions on Iran before the end of the year. However, the White House and its Democratic allies on Thursday successfully prevented the measure from coming to a vote.

The move was accompanied by Treasury’s sanctions announcement, which was viewed by experts as a middle ground meant to appease sanctions supporters in Congress.

The White House stood by its sanctions an referred questions to the Iranian Delegation...

Ok.. at what point did we enter the Twilight Zone?

Is it just me or is this Administration now undermining itself?

In a twist, here is the Iranian side of the coin -

US sanctions against Iran, act of war: Analyst

A political analyst has slammed the new US sanctions against Iran, denouncing all such embargoes as an act of war, Press TV reports.

“All of the sanctions are a violation of Iran’s sovereignty and really an act of war and all of the sanctions should be lifted,” said Sara Flounders, with the International Action Center in a Friday interview.

“Not only is the US imposing sanctions on Iran but they are saying any country in the world that has any transactions with Iran will then be fined by the US. So it is really sanctions and threats upon the whole world,” she added.

The analyst argued that the US sanctions against Iran “predate” the issues regarding Tehran’s nuclear energy program.

“They came when Iran broke from being a proxy of US power in the region and began its own independent development. It came with the Iranian revolution and so that is the basis of the sanctions on Iran and there have been rounds of sanctions ever since and all of them should be lifted,” she said.

Click link for remainder of article.

Thoughts?
edit on 14-12-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
We will never know wat goes on behind closed doors.. worth remembering

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So the Israelis tightened the screw on Obama and he wilted like a rose in winter.

For what reason was he awarded the Nobel Pearce prize? I seriously cannot see the justification for it, but I guess they must have had their reasons.

Normal service has resumed, Iran will be taken down no matter what.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
So the Israelis tightened the screw on Obama and he wilted like a rose in winter.

For what reason was he awarded the Nobel Pearce prize? I seriously cannot see the justification for it, but I guess they must have had their reasons.

Only until North Korea squeeks again. Then China will do something. Back to NK. Some US government scandal. and repeat.

Sanctions are an act of war. Sanctions cause the deaths of ordinary people.
If a country were to put sanctions against the US and one child died, wouldn't people consider that an act of war? The hypocrisy is amazing to watch in the 'Murica crowd.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
These sanctions are not by the US people but that group working behind the scenes .I would think that it's the Saudia's and the oil $ that are being used to try and cut Iran down the peg they need to survive .Consider how much money and resources SA has put into the war in Syria .SA and Israel are the ones that need to keep control of the ME and Iran is the BIG boy on the block .. Just a prediction on my part but SA is going to find its self in a direct war with Iran .SA will lose .

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Near as I can tell by following what the public has now been allowed to view from a much longer and much more involved secret process?

Obama seems to have been double dealing behind our Allies back and very effectively burned Israel and Saudi Arabia like drop kicking them both in the family jewels and laughing about it. It was like nothing I've ever seen this nation do in the world before.

So, we betray our allies to make nice nice with Iran. Alls well that ends well, right? Wrong...because it IS NOT ending well is it?

They seemed to think they could make one set of agreements for a super-public relations Photo OP in a "historic" agreement with all the fanfare and accolades....then FORCE a change in terms after all the cameras stopped clicking, which Iran would have to accept and adapt to...or something.

Well.. They chose 'or something' it seems ..and I wish this amatuer we have would return to community organizing. Perhaps he WAS good at that. He's absolutely clueless and dangerously so, on ination organizing.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sanctions do nothing but aggravate the situation, how stupid is it to do it at a time like this too when it seemed like a decent compromise was about to be achieved.

The US sanctioned the hell out of Imperial Japan before WWII as well, it didn't stop them... In fact it made the whole situation worse didn't it?

Poor Obama isn't living up to his Nobel Peace Prize too well, oh how will he rid the world of nukes.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

To me it all depends on what these allies want.

Do they want an Iran that is controlled in terms of nuclear capabilities?

or

Do they just want to see the demise of Iran?

Wouldn't what we are seeing be the POTUS and all the negotiators working hard on these historic agreements being stabbed in the back? Sounds to me like it's a case of cutting of the nose in spite of the face.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

I don't care what the allies want personally, any more than we need them asking before not screwing us over, what we're after on something.

As Allies, we don't have to agree with them. We don't even have to follow their agenda. We can work directly opposite it, if need be. However, we do need to stay in better communication with ALLIES than we are ENEMIES while having all kinds of secret dialogs, meetings and arrangements.

I think it's the whole basis for what defines an Allied nation in this world. If we burn them willy nilly...who will be there to even care either way if multiple world powers someday work together to clip Uncle Sams wings in real painful and forceful ways?

Burning our allies in open and illogical ways also has another name for it. Going Rogue.....and it's what we've done, IMO.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I think it's the whole basis for what defines an Allied nation in this world. If we burn them willy nilly...who will be there to even care either way if multiple world powers someday work together to clip Uncle Sams wings in real painful and forceful ways?

Burning our allies in open and illogical ways also has another name for it. Going Rogue.....and it's what we've done, IMO.

Well attempting to keep world peace while catering to all parties cannot be easy, it's certainly not a game when potentially millions of lives are at risk of being effected. If working with the Iranians on trying to secure a peaceful compromise while others are so close to throwing the poop at the fan is going rogue then I'd say so be it.

Again it's not a game when millions could be effected.
Paranoia and disdain is rife among our world leaders, these are the guys who are representing billions of lives man. We should be expecting more and they should be doing more.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Xcathdra
Here is the weid part... According to the article the Democrats were able to successfully block the proposed sanctions. The sanctions in question in this case actually came from the Treasury Department, which right now makes no sense to me at all. It comes across as the Left hand not knowing what the Right hand is doing.

Perhaps this might shed some light on the situation.

Jack Lew: An Israeli-tilting fox to guard the Treasury hen house?

Who is it that really wants sanctions against Iran?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Well attempting to keep world peace while catering to all parties cannot be easy, it's certainly not a game when potentially millions of lives are at risk of being effected. If working with the Iranians on trying to secure a peaceful compromise while others are so close to throwing the poop at the fan is going rogue then I'd say so be it.

Well, more power to them, whoever can call this "keeping world peace". Today, we have Israel and Saudi Arabia both losing respect for us quickly and generally pissed off at us. These are the "good guys", if anyone can be called that, in that we have our troops on their soil in small or large ways right now, and work with them in countless ways. We did massive damage to THAT side of peace.

For what?

Iran seems to have ditched the talks entirely at this stage and told us where to stick our duplicity and lies.

Exactly what aspect of world peace did this effort serve in the end? I don't care anything for intent. Intent paved the road to hell for people to have smiles on their way. I care about end result at the level Obama operates....and his end results are pathetic and dangerous.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

superman2012

Cobaltic1978

Only until North Korea squeeks again. Then China will do something. Back to NK. Some US government scandal. and repeat.

Sanctions are an act of war. Sanctions cause the deaths of ordinary people.
If a country were to put sanctions against the US and one child died, wouldn't people consider that an act of war? The hypocrisy is amazing to watch in the 'Murica crowd.

Yep

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Iran seems to have ditched the talks entirely at this stage and told us where to stick our duplicity and lies.

Yes they have. That's what you do when your shaking hands then punch them with your other one.

Israel and Saudi Arabia can defend themselves, the cold war is over and the US do not need troops all over the planet. Fallacious policies all round when it comes to the US isn't it?

The US love to piss all over other nations on a world scale, all that aggression and you wonder why nations want to knock you down a peg or 2. Or in your own words clip the wings of good old uncle Sam.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Israel and Saudi Arabia can defend themselves, the cold war is over and the US do not need troops all over the planet. Fallacious policies all round when it comes to the US isn't it?

You make a very good point there. Israel, Saudi and the other Arab nations we're closely allied with in that area of the world CAN defend themselves. They'll make their own path and way, with or without us. We don't have allies and work heaven and earth to build and maintain the few close ties our nation has had, for THEIR benefit.

My concern in burning allies isn't that they'll dry up and blow away or be conquered for lack of our help. It's that the world is not THAT big a place and, to use a comparison, I think of it like a prison in some ways. It can be a scary, dangerous and vicious place. It's also, to my imagination, the single worst place to ever "be alone" and be "left alone". Same with the world......we're destroying, almost systematically, every close tie our nation spent generations of blood, sweat and tears to establish. Almost as if that were the whole point.

The Iran deal is just the latest example of ...what do you even call this junk?? Bush was Gunboat or Cowboy diplomacy. What is this? Cloak and Dagger diplomacy? Whatever it is, it's failing terribly.

As much as some love to see this happen for the ruin of my nation, you'll all understand, I hope, when I say I really want THE SPECIFIC MEN doing this to us to be rotated out of power...before we have nothing left worth saving.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is just further proof of just how F'ed up our Leadership is. Not just Obama, but the entire damn setup. You either make nice and drop sanctions entirely (as long as Iran is holding it's end up) or you sanction the crap out of them and stop talking altogether. This is just nuts, in talks and throwing down sanctions at the same time.

Kinda like offering someone an olive branch and right as they about to accept it they get slapped in the face with it. Were it me I would be 40 times angrier at the USA then I was last week.

If I were Iran at this point I would build whatever I wanted and activate every sleeper agent in the USA. Slap me with the branch you offer and I am gonna fight to the death.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Mamatus because: sp

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Who is it that really wants sanctions against Iran?

Why it's the U.S.A's great ally.

How many times has the U.S been attacked by Iran? How many times has The U.S been attacked by Israel?

Of course Iran doesn't have 'Hawkish' politicians looking after their interests, whilst the Zionists have infiltrated U.S politics to such an extent, I'm just surprised they haven't started building settlements in Washington.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What are the new sanctions exactly?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's very important to remember that Iran is not the aggressor! They have not been aggressive to neighbours, or any other state in 100 years I believe? Where as america starts a war (on average) every year and a half (correct me if I am wrong). In fact, America is ALWAYS the aggressor! When was the last time an organised national military even dreamed of attacking any of the NATO powers?
edit on 14-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Has the US ever attacked a nation that is stronger than it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join