It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America runs on Coffee, Booze, and Sugar and Dunkin Dounuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I was thinking about some stuff lately. What's odd is I actually never drank coffee until I was 24. And it didn't start with coffee, more just the moacha type drinks, then graduating to coffee.

Also I wouldn't drink booze very much. Like maybe once a month I'd say. It was sort of a special treat. Usually as a result of ending up at a resturant with friends. I would never set foot in a liquor store, nor keep booze or coffee at my place.

I only finally got a coffee machine by accident when this one office closed and they gave me a free one, at around age 30. Prior to that I never made coffee at home ever! Also around that time on the odd occasion I'd keep maybe 1 bottle of wine at home for a special occasion.

Then very slowly very gradually, it seemed to progress more and more and more. Til now, I'm 38 and ohhh man it's crazy... now I drink a couple times a week at least! I drink coffee everyday, usually at least 2 cups.

And as for sugar that's been around in quantity. I perhaps have lightened up on the sugar a bit though. Started replacing it with honey as I learned its far better for you. I use to eat tons of chocolate bars and stuff. Not so much anymore. But still quiet a bit of sugar each day too.

I just find it strange how it seems like the older you get you just seem to start to take in MORE AND MORE AND MORE: Coffee, Booze, and Sugar!!! Kinda crazy how that can happen. I'm not even sure, if I should cut back, or if I even want to cut back. But I see kinda a strange trend there.

When was the last time you even went for 24 hours without 1 of those fixes??? Ahhhh not good!

they start em out young now:

this man did not like his dounut:

edit on 14-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Coffee pot is programmed to have that pot full and hot before my feet hit the kitchen floor every morning. Nuff said. Donuts are just a Tim Hortons occasional thing for me. Alcohol the odd weekend.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
No, apparently *you* run on booze, coffee and sugar.

I've never had coffee in my life, I haven't had an alcoholic drink in months or years and sugar? Yeah, that's a problem although it's drifting down in importance to be replaced by fruit mostly now. It's mandarin season!

Sugar has a near coc aine-effect on the brain and is chemically similar.

I've often wondered what we laughingly call 'modern civilization' would be like if the coffee and the aggressive capitalism effect it seems to promote were eliminated. I would also find all the coffee addicts unable to function hilarious.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I so wanted the Easy Bake Oven as a kid. I don't remember if we had it. I know we had some kind of kids oven to make cookies in.

If I had a girl or if my son wants one, he can have it! Then again he can just cook with me and have the big kitchen

I drink a cup of coffee every morning. I don't drink coffee for the caffeine. I like the taste of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I started having my morning coffee at 8 years old.
A right of passage at a truck stop off the highway somewhere in Tennessee with my Dad.

Right now I'm sitting here reading your post with my ice tea (aprox 30 ounce) plastic tumbler of coffee, which will be refilled as soon as it's empty.
This same tumbler will then be rinsed out and used for ice tea through out the day.
This is my daily norm.

Caffine is good for me.

Alcohol?
I Started at 15 y/o and ended that vocation at age 48....then started again at 52....... and ended again, this time for good damn it!, at 53.
I call myself a retired professional drinker (other recovering alkys get the humor)

Sugar? only in my ice tea (it's the southern way!)

Drugs and nicotine? Never!
Well except for chewing tobacco for a breif time when I was 13-14 y/o (it's the redneck way!)

So there you go an anecdotal little bit of insight as to what keeps/kept MY brain awash in the chemicals that made up my life.

and calmed the overactive synapsis of a hyperactive over thinker and part time nuerotic ADHDer.
edit on 14-12-2013 by grubblesnert because: fixing the spellin'

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i drink espresso all day/e'ry day. That started about 3 years ago. Before that, I drank crappy drip brew Mr Coffee and folgers. I shudder to think.....yuck.

I rarely have sugar.. Often go a month or more without it

I rarely drink. when i do, i prefer Pinot Grigio.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Imagine someone could easily be in the habit of having mass amounts of daily:

Coffee,
Beer,
Booze,
Smokes,
Sugar,
dounuts (and other white flour foods)
Drugs
Perscription drugs
Fast food

And all this would be considered perfectly normal, even if consumed in large quantities.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm in America and I sure don't run on coffee... I have bad anxiety and when I drink any form of caffeine it messes with my heart. It also makes me shake. So I truly and honestly drink so much water everyday it's actually boring!!!

Booze... That's a funny word to me. Alcohol is a problem in my family. I had a drinking problem, and I was handed my first drink at age 13...by my mom. From there it went downhill. Then my mom passed in 2011 from liver failure, due to alcohol and pills. I can't drink daily or it hurts my stomach.

Sugar... Well sugar is in a lot of things we eat daily. I like to eat a sour candy cane now that they are around, and it seems I've been eating one every night!! Then in the morning, I realize that was a bad idea cause it hurts my stomach.

Donuts... Hmm.. I seriously can't remember the last time I had a donut, I would much rather have bacon!!!!

And then I see you just mentioned fast food... I can seriously say yuck. I can't afford to tear my stomach up by eating fast food. Sure I can eat a grilled chicken sandwich from a place called zaxbys.. But that's it. Oh and sometimes the place called Wendy's. But that's truly rare. I don't have the money to be spending it on fast food when we need groceries.

So I can say I've been without alcohol, coffee and donuts within a 24hour period with no problem.

Good day to you.. I typed all this out and now I just wanna delete it, but since it's already typed I'm gonna push reply. Have a great day

edit on 14-12-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Pladuim

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am an American and apparently very screwed up. I do not drink alcohol. I do not drink coffee. Doughnuts in a pinch if I am hungry and need to eat. Just the old fashion ones, no goo.

Sugar is hard to avoid as it is in everything.

I guess I need to make a full disclosure as I drink tea and tea has caffeine. I get cranky without it but I fight depression a lot. It seems to help and is natural. Call the diet police but I like tea. Plain old Black Pekoe, unsweet, room temperature. Not very Southern of me, I know.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

spartacus699
Imagine someone could easily be in the habit of having mass amounts of daily:

Coffee,
Beer,
Booze,
Smokes,
Sugar,
dounuts (and other white flour foods)
Drugs
Perscription drugs
Fast food

And all this would be considered perfectly normal, even if consumed in large quantities.

how 'bout Cheese?!?
mmmmmm Cheeeeeeese!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I can't get enough whiskey in my coffee because all the sugar won't dissolve.

It's a problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

signalfire

I've never had coffee in my life, I haven't had an alcoholic drink in months or years and sugar? Yeah, that's a problem although it's drifting down in importance to be replaced by fruit mostly now. It's mandarin season!

I've often wondered what we laughingly call 'modern civilization' would be like if the coffee and the aggressive capitalism effect it seems to promote were eliminated. I would also find all the coffee addicts unable to function hilarious.

Very similar. I've had maybe four cups of coffee in my life (when I was a caffeine addict it was from soda - mostly Pepsi. A horrid habit I broke long ago). Have been "off" sugar since September of 2012, and have been off it for long periods every few years. All I need is one bite of the white to become addicted again.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Pladuim
A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Pladuim

lol

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Aleister

signalfire

Very similar. I've had maybe four cups of coffee in my life (when I was a caffeine addict it was from soda - mostly Pepsi. A horrid habit I broke long ago). Have been "off" sugar since September of 2012, and have been off it for long periods every few years. All I need is one bite of the white to become addicted again.

ya but if you live like that you're basically labeled as a "health nut"! You're not normal. I tend to think whenever I come across people that are too subconcious about what they eat that they're insecure. As they're so subconcious about their body and looks etc etc. That's being somewhat vain. no offence and each to their own. But I just think that like take vegans for example, that's dumb. I understand the worms part but that' unavoidable vegan or not vegan. and as long as you cook it 'well done" you should be fine. And ya maybe avoid sushi. I don't eat sushi anymore, that's risky if you ask me.
edit on 15-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i think most of the developed world runs on those things not just america i drink 20 + mugs per day of good coffee and i love it i am not big on fast food maybe once per year and booze 5/6 times per year but that is age related

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
i drink espresso all day/e'ry day. That started about 3 years ago. Before that, I drank crappy drip brew Mr Coffee and folgers. I shudder to think.....yuck.

You are officially an honorary Italian. ( RT dubs bigfatfurrytexan Italian )

I grew up on espresso and good coffee, and I can't imagine my life without it.

I have 3 Italian made espresso machines, lol two are for backup.

IMO Lavazza super crema is the best freshly ground in a mill.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Realtruth

bigfatfurrytexan

That sounds interesting, I should try some for a change and see

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Realtruth

bigfatfurrytexan

I prefer Illy, if i am to have "good coffee". Otherwise, for day to day i typically drink any dark roasted, decent coffee. Starbucks is good, but too expensive. HEB, a grocer, has a store brand (Cafe Ole) that is half the price and a little better flavor. Their french roast and their Sumatra (organic) are outstanding.

top topics

join