It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Emotions Really Influence Your Health ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Do you believe positive or negative emotions influence your health in the way it can cause or cure disease or this is only related with the genetic code of each one and with what we do and eat ?

I used to believe that strong emotions, either positive or negative, could indeed influence our health, but then I see many cases of people that contradict this theory.

It`s a fact that when I feel happy, I feel physically better, but there are so many HAPPY people that got disease like cancer, heart attack, etc... while so many others that literally live under worries and stress living such miserable lives, never get sick !

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Without a doubt emotions affect well being. Be positive and leading a healthy life doesn't mean you wont get sick, it means the chance of you getting sick is reduced.
edit on 14-12-2013 by lordtez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

I have no doubt whatsoever that blocked emotions create ill health.

I could list many examples of this, but will just stick with one example.

I had a friend of mine who was married to a lady who loved to cook, she would stay in the kitchen and cook food for her husband constantly. Often he would initially refuse the food she presented to him, but she would present it over and over until he finally gave in and ate it despite him not really wanting the food.

He was unable to clearly tell her that he did not want her to do this, as he did not want to hurt her feelings.

He died of stomach cancer.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by iamea

Ok, I forgot to say "DIRECT" (not "INDIRECT") relation between emotions and health

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Absolutely.

Every doctor I've ever seen would agree too.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Oh yes,

As well, some mental illness is just as contagious as the flu. Someone with borderline personality disorder can effect everyone living in the household in a major way. Even after that person leaves the home the effects can linger and some parts may never go away. Think about it. Hanging out with a manic or depressed individual completely dislodges you from a normally even keeled disposition.

Some people are immune to others mental states, and are unmoved by the mood swings of those around them. These people are the equivalent to someone being immune to most flu bugs.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

CosmicDude
Do you believe positive or negative emotions influence your health in the way it can cause or cure disease or this is only related with the genetic code of each one and with what we do and eat ?

I used to believe that strong emotions, either positive or negative, could indeed influence our health, but then I see many cases of people that contradict this theory.

It`s a fact that when I feel happy, I feel physically better, but there are so many HAPPY people that got disease like cancer, heart attack, etc... while so many others that literally live under worries and stress living such miserable lives, never get sick !

This has already been observed all over the world and for me anyone who say otherwise, is just refusing to see what is due to stubborn ego faith. Some people live in a materialistic fantasy and cannot see beyond it since it screws up their faith.

The placebo and nocebo effect (mind over matter). A person who is positive can relax to an extreme degree and is not in fight/flight mode and therefor the body will use it's extreme potential to heal itself.

You can increase the potential to heal itself thru chi/light flow for instance Reiki/prayer/singing, since you are using intent from you and sometimes other people to create well being in you. This is from my point of view why so called "miracles" happen. "Miracles"/synchronous events are a normal thing of how reality works and can be explained if you want them quantified and explained.
edit on 14-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Isn't mental health part of overall health.???

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Isn't mental health part of overall health.???

Yes, but mental health is describing the mental functions of the human body instead of the physical functions.

To answer OP,

A big YES.

Anyone seen the Robin Williams movie Patch Adams

www.imdb.com...

edit on 15-12-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Surely emotions on positive and negative effect will have the great influence in affecting the health.There are lot more emotions in full of life and it will tends to have a great effect by the negative emotion.Emotion in positive means laughing for some reason will leads to relax for some time.I experienced a lot with mixed feeling of positive and negative emotion

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sorry everyone but I don`t agree with you in situations like cancer or other physical diseases.

As you can't cure a broken arm/leg, just with your positive thoughts only, you can`t cure cancer as well. Unfortunately this can only be cured with medicine and medical treatment, not by positive thinking I`m afraid

edit on 18-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Neurosurgeons - Brain and spine surgeons specializes in cerebrovascular surgery, spinal surgery, disc replacement, lumbar laminectomy, avm, brain tumour.

Spine Surgery

new topics

top topics

join