It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Dying Everyday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone thought the same as I did on this subject. I'm not totally learned in this, so bare with me, its a loose theory, so-to-speak
and I wasn't sure where to post this, I suppose this is the place.

Jesus spoke about dying daily, or a small part of you dying daily.

Could it have been meant that everyday make it a ritual or ceremony to do the right thing. We are all tested daily with several different things. I could give a million examples, but what I mean is even a negative thought, or doubt. More or less was Jesus speaking about training our minds?
Could he have been saying that everyday, he himself put to rest a negative aspect, or a negative thought everyday in his life? If you could master this, and keep on with the "training" what kind of being would you be?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am not sure if I understand what you are saying completely.

You are asking me what kind of a person who we be if we can continously kill the bad parts and give rise to good parts?

If so, I would say we would be very well tuned with the society. Our sense of right and wrong comes from society, so basically all we are doing by Jesus method is killing the parts societies don't like and giving rise to part socieities like.

Basically a true conformist.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I suppose, but I don't believe it has much to do with society.. especially for children, who don't enter that realm of existance for quite some years after birth.
Remember Gods Law was written on our hearts when Jesus died, so it would be the opposite, we are deprogrammed from society.
Like we WERE born in SIN, but since Jesus, We are simply born
and we choose the path of sinning, and this society makes it easy.
You have to unlearn all that which you learn throughout your childhood because your/my parents were too ignorant to have known better, they didn't teach us it is a necessity to immortality to do away with "evil"/negative thoughts and actions everyday

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Jesus?

oh, wait this is the religious forum

Nevermind

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
??? Who did you think we were talking about?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

I thought it was more scientific in nature.

Guess not

Surf

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

I thought it was more scientific in nature.

Guess not

Surf

Well it is.. although, like all science you have to approach with an open mind. There has been studies of this sort but I'll let you know now the public will never see the results of such tests.

I was also elluding to the fact that perhaps a mindstate like that could bring upon a sort of evolution of the mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
As for me, though I don't recall the verse, I'll have faith in what you're saying is there until I can prove otherwise (AKA see that crazy thread - "Faith" - The Christian's Clever Escape Move) since it sounds like something Jesus would say. I think it refers to treating each day as if it were your first and last. In that, to truly expel the 'old' you, examine what it is you do and begin again. As a Christian I can think of countless times where I had to look at something I did everyday and say 'whoa, okay this can't be the right thing to do' and destroy that part of me. Keep the good, get rid of the bad. Now now, here's were things get ugly 'cause I get blasted for talking about changing yourself so I'll go all CAPS on this on - CHANGING YOURSELF DOES NOT MEAN LOSING YOUR IDENTITY. In fact, you can highten the qualities that define who it is you are. I'm going abstract to those who've never tried it so I'll reel back and say - look at something that you want to get rid of in your life (I mean like a vice or bad habit) that's dragging you down and get rid of it. See what happens.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think, it might actually bring a chemical change within the brain.. anyone care to discuss...?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What I've heard of the theory is:
Time is not linear, it is past/present/future happening all at once. We, because of our human limitations, cannot perceive that everything is happening all at once--but God can.
This theory means that a historical event is happening over and over again--like the crucifying of Christ. Meaning--he is dying & being resurrected every day.
But past/present/future are not static & unchangeable--they influence each other. This is because nothing is static & unchangeable--not matter, not anything--everything is constantly in flux.
By trying to be good & trying to live a life free from "sin", we have an impact on Jesus suffering on the cross happening at that very moment. We lighten some of his burden--because now he has less sinners & sin to redeem through his suffering.
I first heard this theory through a couple of priests and a monk on different programs on the Prayer Channel. When I first heard the theory I was floored because it utilizes current theories in quantum physics. All the stuff about time happening all at once, etc--that's physics theory.
I find it very interesting.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Interesting view Cassie, never looked at it from a literal standpoint before.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
That is very good and well, but when was it documented knowledge that this knowledge was bestowed upon the monk, or priests?
or for that matter the scientists.. with their theories..
A theory is just right until someone explains it better.
But I mean, has anyone done a study on brain chemistry, and religeon. Aside from the whole Tryptomines thing (spelling?). I mean have they done a study on say, one individual, who at first was dumb as a brick, and after introduced these thoughts, theories, mathematics/operation, and occult aspects over a period of time, record their brain chemistry and see if there is any difference....
I'm sure these types of researches have been done by Intelligence agencies, but I mean are any of the findings public?

[edit on 19/11/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Jesus spoke about dying daily, or a small part of you dying daily.

Can you tell me where I can find this in the Bible?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
From Marilyn to Madonna
I always loved your smile
Now we're headed
for the big divorce
California-style.

I found myself singin'
Like a long-lost friend
The same thing that makes you live
Can kill you in the end.

Hank to Hendrix

Comment: I think the fact of living shows that phrase "The same thing that makes you live Can kill you in the end," is scientifically true considering the biological processes are always building and breaking down. We are hard wired not to think about it too much.

Wisdom in one day in age, in the topic of Jesus, is somewhat the same even when arrived upon in different ways.

new topics

top topics

join