It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manners Violation Vs. Extreme T&C Violation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The thread title says it all I guess. I saw a post removed in another thread earlier by another member for a "Manners Violation" and I can't recall seeing that before (I am sure it wasn't the first time it was used though) and wondered what the difference is between that and an "Extreme T&C Violation"?

It's just curiosity (read nosey as hades) as to what kind of line needs to be crossed to go from one to the other. Would a "Manners Violation" be something like calling another member names and an "Extreme T&C Violation" be like stealing their identity (joking...sort of) or calling them REALLY bad names?

Yes. I know what curiosity did to the cat.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've wondered the same thing myself, so I hope the mods will enlighten us. Thanks for raising the question, OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It is a bit like the difference between fishing and extreme fishing...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
"Manners" type post removals have been in use for quite a while on ATS. Simply put, a "Manners" violation is a serious breach of the T&Cs which involve a post that's aimed specifically at another ATS member (or members). Like, very nasty ad hominem comments, for example. An extreme T&C violation (an "X-post") covers the ones that are serious breaches of the T&Cs but which are not specifically aimed at an ATS member or members.

Sometimes, a post can contain both. However, when it comes to potentially serious infractions, the normal procedure is for the post to be discussed in a staff thread. Any action is decided by staff consensus. It's quite rare that a post (or OP/thread) will just be removed without prior discussion. In those rare cases, it's typically because the post/OP is so extreme that it needs to be off the boards asap. (eg Very graphic or even illegal images.)
edit on 14/12/13 by JustMike because: Keyboard issues. (Sigh!)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Asked and answered

Closing

Semper

new topics

top topics

join