It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Old Games (Gog.com) Giveaway: Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics FREE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Good Old Games is giving away Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics absolutely free. The only thing you need to do is sign up for a free account and voila, you got the games for both PC and Mac. You also get a couple of bonus games too.

To get the games, visit this link: GOG.com Free Fallout, 2, Tactics

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Great find downloading now cheers

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

sweet thank you so much, I will check it out. I already have them but it would be awesome to have them in database for download at anytime.

Is GOG like Steam?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Glad you both enjoyed them.

reply to post by OrphanApology

Yes and no. There's no desktop client, just a website that keeps track of all your games received through GOG.

What I really enjoy about GOG is that they offer tons of old games that are no longer being sold through main stream game retailers. They have sales just like Steam and save big. But what's even better, is that they optimize the games so they'll run on modern computers. Many old games refuse to run on anything newer than Windows 95. So they've taken the guess work out of trying to make it compatible by having it ready to play the instant it's downloaded. I've spent so many hours prior to my discovery of GOG with things like DosBox and virtual machines running 3.11/Windows 95.

They also have a Steam group, so if you're on Steam make sure to check them out.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am a massive fallout fan!

Definitely going to check this out when I'm not slacking at work

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I as sent a link to it earlier by someone on another site. I downloaded all 3 and to my great surprise they just work without any extra work.. I remember going through hell trying to get the original command and conquer to work on xp, and now im on my gf's windows 8 machine, and a game from 97 just works.. What a nice change.

I'm not sure that I can get into fallout though. Maybe the tactics one will be more to my liking.
And you should save a lot because I died already and it just ends haha like old games often do. None of that "you fainted, we rescued you do you want to continue playing?" just opening screen again.

If I ever have expendable money in the future I'll be looking into other games from gog. They've made a fan out of me so far.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

iRoyalty
I am a massive fallout fan!

Definitely going to check this out when I'm not slacking at work

11 more hours until the promo ends.

dang they have lords of the realm 1 and 3, but not 2... I used to play that on windows 95 on our first (usable) computer. I had to sneak into my dads study at night to play it. I miss that game.
edit on 12/13/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Oh dear, no time for that then.. I need to sleep when I get in at 4am then up again at 10! Oh joyus life paying for a home

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Thanks for this man.

Fallout series is one of my all time favourites, I just love that quirky humour it has. You can't beat a game about a post apocalyptic wasteland.

I own all but fallout 1 and 2, so now I finally own the full set... Again

I'm a happy man.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Cool thanks so much.

I know what you mean about the older games playing. That's actually a problem with many games because Microsoft doesn't have the option to run older versions of Windows unless you have the professional edition or something. I hope these work and don't require to be running in Windows XP mode. Either way thank you for the link, I love this series.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
LMAO

I was wondering why they were not downloading, just so happens I already have them... hahaha.

Well at least now I've been reminded to play them again, I'm gonna complete each one starting from 1 all the way to new vegas. You never know, maybe I missed something from the times I've completed them before for like the 50th time.

So guys, what's your favourite character out of all the fallout games?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Harold.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

That crazy old coon is awesome
loved seeing him the first time in fallout 3.

definitely in the top three for me.

Harold
Dogmeat (due to all the a boy and his dog film nostalgia)
K-9 or Marcus, Marcus was a boring chap but I loved the down to earthness about him, a mutie you could easily have a few pints with.

edit on 13-12-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

I totally forgot about the death claw from FO2.

I can't remember his name.

I like Marcus as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks man always wanted to play this!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

OrphanApology
I hope these work and don't require to be running in Windows XP mode.

They pretty much come preconfigured to run on modern computers. No fussing with any compatibility modes or extra software to get them running. They did everything for you and built it all into the games installer.

Glad everyone likes them.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Just downloaded them before I saw it here haha.

Anyway, whenever I download, it says that the file is damaged and won't open once installed. It is on Mavericks, but it doesn't look like a compatibility issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BombDefined

I'm running Mavericks too, they installed and ran just fine. Have you tried downloading them again? Use AppCleaner to remove the games. Link

new topics

top topics

join