It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical snowstorm: Rare flakes in Cairo, Jerusalem paralyzed by over a foot!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Certainly off topic, but the picture of the Sphinx really shows how disproportional the body is compared to the head. Almost as if a Lions head was once there and then it was carved into a human head.
edit on 14-12-2013 by QuietSpeech because: grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

There's actually pictures on line with lions head superimposed onto the picture, you call it up in search window as sphinx with lions head on it , click on images and you should see one, there is also a Sumerian story about the sphinx original purpose I could summarize the story but I don't have enough time to do that today, I got stuff to do today, but I will be doing a thread on that in the near future. But when you see the picture, of the sphinx with the lions head on it you will see that to be more plausible than the human head proportionally.
edit on 14-12-2013 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The people that want to jump in every weather related thread with anti-AGW rhetoric really should understand the term "global warming induced climate change" and then research why climate scientists use it. Some may even want to ask why is there enough moisture over the area or why there is a stalled low pressure system. It likely is "global warming induced climate change" but it could also just be weather coming together in the right way for moisture to reach Egypt and for temperatures to drop low enough to have that moisture fall as snow.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Something like this makes me wonder if weather patterns are changing.

It makes sense that this would go alongside with the changing climate.

At one time, the areas around the middle east and northern Africa were quite lush and tropical and not so arid and desert. In order to be lush and tropical, precipitation has to increase (snow/rain).

So maybe the weather patterns are changing back again ?

Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The picture of the Sphinx is a fake the originals can be found on reddit here:

www.reddit.com...

and here:

www.reddit.com...

it's just a model

you can even see the same little guy in both pictures of the model and that one, infront of the sphinx's paw, dressed in white with one arm raised.

edit on 14-12-2013 by mesaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
I wonder, do the even have snow plows over there?

You know, the same thing they use to push sand around with...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

DeepVisions
Sooo, what's this global warming thing i've been hearing about?

Obviously something is wrong but that's all you can come up with? Do all these weather events seem normal to you?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Kind of makes the whole Band Aid thing a bit redundant.

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time..."

Oh, RLY?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
On the other side of the Atlantic, zoo animals freeze to death in the Mexico city zoo, just how far does that cold air mass from Russia reach?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Maybe you should ask what's wrong with the jetstream.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by pikestaff

Maybe you should ask what's wrong with the jetstream.

Jetlag?

What's wrong with the jetstream/s ?

squall.sfsu.edu

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This very well could be caused by what has been termed global warming. Global temperature changes are a proven fact of the earth, but the big thing I disagree with some on is whether these fluctuations and changes are manmade. I adamantly believe that the amount of CO2 humans are putting in the atmosphere is having very little impact on the overall atmosphere. Well, not to the point of causing massive temperature fluctuations or anything.

There are definitely changes occurring, whether one believes it or not, but I believe this is strictly a cycle, one of many that have occurred in the past, and will happen again in the future. Snow in the Middle East is relatively rare, but it is not unheard of, and it is NOT an indication of more widespread climate shifts. It COULD be, but it does not necessarily translate into definite climate changes. This could be a natural occurrence, one in which man has had little to no impact, and has done nothing to bring about or not bring about.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

DeepVisions

Yes, because snow in one part of the entire earth (Where it actually has snowed heavily before) means that GLOBAL warming is false.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

DeepVisions

the name "global warming" had to be changed to "climate change"...because stupid people only equate "global warming" with the idea that the whole world has to be hotter each and every day....the term used by climate scientists ("global warming") did not take into account the FOX NEWS audience's definition of global warming...they should have known that they needed to dumb it down.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I almost think that geo engineering f@#$p the whole climate...?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Haven't you ever watched the film "The Seventh Seal" - it's a very good movie.

Anyway, one of the Biblical prophecies that signals the end of times is snow falls in the Middle East, or I think to be more precise the complete freezing over of a town in the middle of summer.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Power_Semi

Anyway, one of the Biblical prophecies that signals the end of times is snow falls in the Middle East, or I think to be more precise the complete freezing over of a town in the middle of summer.

Hilarious. That Bible just cracks me up every time with it tales of joy and happiness.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Ramcheck

Power_Semi

Hilarious. That Bible just cracks me up every time with it tales of joy and happiness.

It's a rare case where the movie is better than the book.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Has the climate ever stayed the same throughout history? Or is it constantly changing?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join