It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMBSHELL REPORT…Delta Force was in Tripoli at the Time of Benghazi Attack

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The Washington Times reports that contrary to what Barack Obama and Leon Panetta have said, there were 8 special forces commandos in Tripoli the night of the attack, just 400 miles away. They were made up of Delta Force, the country's leading counterterrorism force and Green Berets. Two of the Delta Forces volunteered to go to Benghazi, along with 5 private contractors. Both have been quietly awarded medals for their bravery for turning back the attackers.

Delta Force is trained as a quick response force and assuming they could be ready in an hour, they could have been in Benghazi within three hours. This bolsters testimony given by Gregory Hicks that Lt Steve

I knew it would come out!

A close lifelong buddy of mine that retired from the the U.S. Marine corp after 25 years plus of duty as a master sergeant with 3 purple hearts one silver and a bronze star did embassy duty in many middle eastern countries, like Iraq , Benghazi,Iran, Libya and Egypt. When Benghazi happened I asked him is this real crap(not using his words) or not. He looked at me with a stare....He told me point blank those embassies could call and have help in a reasonable amount of time...he remarked if I was still in and at Benghazi he would have been screaming on the radio ...Where the hell is our back up!

www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

You missed a "k" at the end of your link.

And here's the Washington Times article referenced.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

SocialCUT

You missed a "k" at the end of your link.

And here's the Washington Times article referenced.

OPPS!

Thank you a star for you! Sorry I;m a old fart.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

There is a difference between an embassy and a consulate when it comes to physical security, just because an ambassador happens to be in a specific location or building doth not an embassy make, the forces of marines or whatever extra security that guard embassies unfortunately are not the same as at the U.S. consulate, mission or any other non embassy location and cannot be made out after the fact to have resembled in any way embassy security.

Also as I have been saying all along something else of a nature no one was to have known about was happening at the consulate, be it under the table negotiations or worse as has been mentioned prisoners being held or possibly being tortured, it just so happens that it was exposed and the real mission there will never be known and none of it will come out until years from now.

There are some insiders with clues such as Frances Townsend that knew the ambassador and was with him even weeks before the attack and they were close enough to have said the ambassador never shared with her any problem with security and there is an interview with her making comments about that, this could amount to there was no problems or he did not wish to share it with her because there was something else going on there he could not or would not divulge to her because of the nature of the dealings going on there, no one was to have known the true nature of, but of course things went horribly wrong and it had to be covered up.

So as with any cover up, it will take years to get to the truth of the matter unfortunately.

edit on 13-12-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
three hours and 400 miles away doesn't seem close or quick?..

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
never mind.
edit on 13-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Were you aware when you posted this thread that this is "Old News?" I heard about this sometime ago (last October at least), and have been waiting for follow-up on it ever since. This is not what I was waiting for in terms of new information.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Oh yaeh what we have , very close.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

MamaLeonne

Were you aware when you posted this thread that this is "Old News?" I heard about this sometime ago (last October at least), and have been waiting for follow-up on it ever since. This is not what I was waiting for in terms of new information.

Dude just replaying this to my Marine buddy....SOOOO... this is new!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

You are so right!

new topics

top topics

join