It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SecondMarket CEO: Wall Street Will Put 'Hundreds of Millions' Into Bitcoin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is starting to look a lot like a one world currency idea now. With news from JP Morgan and now Wall street one has to wonder what the true power behind Bitcoin really is.

Source

Wall Street is getting ready to dive into Bitcoin, pouring vast amounts of institutional and investor money into the digital currency that has been labeled a "bubble" by former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan and which not long ago was seen as the sole preserve of crypto-geeks, monetary-theory wonks and anti-government types.

So says Barry Silbert, founder and chief executive of SecondMarket, the online platform that allows its users to trade private company stocks. "We're three to six months away from Wall Street dollars moving into Bitcoin in a big way," he says.

Silbert should know: Earlier this fall, he launched the Bitcoin Investment Trust, the first investment vehicle allowing institutional investors to put money into the Bitcoin market while avoiding the hassle of personally holding the currency. The trust is open only to accredited investors, and the minimum investment is $25,000.

Yeah. Like i said this is starting to get to much attention.

Did this idea really come from a student in MIT or is there a sinister deeper darker plot at hand?
edit on 13-12-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Something about Bit-Coin is fishy as hell. It has been and will continue to be until it's "source" is not so mysterious. I have a hinky feeling that the reasons behind it are not going to make a lot of people happy.

I have never been able to play slot machines either as they are simply too easy to rig.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'll say what I said on twitter:

Good luck when governments, universities, corporations, wealthy individuals, and everyone else has access to quantum computers.

That encryption won't mean a damn thing come that day.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Funny how a few wall street pundits were all saying it's a fad/bubble/crap, etc… And after a mild drop and then they start dumping cash into it (if it happens… )

Hmm…

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That's not surprising. If the banking system cannot fight bitcoin, they will absorb it. A tried and tested method.

new topics

top topics

join