It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: America Has Now Become a Nation of “Tent Cities”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I think people are just lazy. They want a home, a car they want to go on vacation but they don't want to work.

For most of us it's a fact that if you want a paycheck you need to work for somebody else . Don't tell me there's no work available because that's bs. It may not be the job you want but I'm sure it's better than living in a "tent city".

Tell that to the people at the top printing money from nothing, then loaning it to people that are actually working, and calling it a 30 year mortgage.

I agree to a certain extent there are lazy people, but the majority of people that have fallen on hard times have worked harder in one year, than most of the people at the top of the money chain.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I think people are just lazy. They want a home, a car they want to go on vacation but they don't want to work.

For most of us it's a fact that if you want a paycheck you need to work for somebody else . Don't tell me there's no work available because that's bs. It may not be the job you want but I'm sure it's better than living in a "tent city".

There is a flip side. We do these things, work, for a living to acquire things, food material goods, shelter - because we believe we have to adhere to the confines of what a certain society thinks is the proper way to live. This is only one type of society but there are many different philosophies that allow construction of vastly different societies.

If you want to live this way, I believe it is your choice. You accept the rules set on you by that society and the society accepts you as one of their own. No one should be forced to live this way if they do not wish to, for whatever the reason. Simply subscribe to a different ideal of society that suits your needs, however of course within the laws of the land you choose to reside in.

I believe we are way too old a human population on this planet to not have solved the basic needs for every man woman and child which is food clothing and shelter - for life. It is to our Great Shame. * Food clothing and shelter should be a basic human right for everyone on the planet and never should anyone be denied these things !! Yes, these should be FREE. ( Your society doesn't look so good now huh?)

But since we have not arrived there yet.. if we find ourselves stuck within the confines of said society that no longer works for us - we cannot keep up that lifestyle - we should be allowed as Humans, and Free People to live in a different manner.

Even if it means living in a tent city - provided you are within the law of the land. The sick and mentally ill that cannot take care of themselves do need assistance and it should be given from all quarters. They may not be good candidates for being homeless. This problem needs solving by all of us working together, it's not a government problem.

There are people who raise healthy happy kids who live in tent cities. They home-school. They learn a different philosophy of living. Many of these teach their kids survival skills in an urban environment they will use later in life if the SHTF. Many of these communities are not made of drunken bums or thugs who need to hide from the law, (of course all communities have undesirables) but caring people who want to live and let live who just couldn't make it with a different rule set. The men do go to work, they make less or more at times depending on they type of work they find and living overhead, the families are fed and cared for- just differently than you would do it. People who choose to be homeless or live in such communities for the most part do so for good reasons. We shouldn't look down on them for their choice.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

phinubian
reply to post by justreleased

Have you been laid off unexpectedly recently ? it's easy to make these statements as I used to but find yourself out of a job you will suddenly change your tune up quickly...be humble is what I say.
because you may find yourself in the same position as the one you threw the rocks at.

So very true!!! I'm in that boat now myself....you can go from passing judgment to eating your own words in a flash!

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
1."If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."....Some old guy from the past whose opinion is apparently no longer pertinent....

“. . . this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces . . . science is more then a body of knowledge it's a way of thinking . . . if we are not able to ask skeptical questions, to interrogate those who tell us that something is true, to be skeptical of those in authority, then we're up for grabs, for the next charlatan, political or religious who comes ambling along. It's a thing that Jefferson lay great stress on; there wasn't enough he said, to enshrine some rights in a constitution or a bill of rights; the people had to be educated and they had to practice their skepticism and their education, otherwise we don't run the government, the government runs us.”

Some dead guy who was supposedly intelligent according to the opinions of some....

I don't bother trying to explain what has already been explained by people who had true knowledge from the past.

There really isn't any point to most of what we discuss here considering that most people I know emulate what the dead guy said.

Just keep crashing along, careening around the harder obstacles and pretending it'll be OK, eventually none of us will be able to steer clear and avoid a crash.

Who can you blame then?, probably someone you consider less human than yourself for some reason or other.

There is only one way to fix the problem in this country, one way to send a very clear message that those who do the damage will not be able to ignore....

....But nearly everyone will ignore that until it's way too late.

Out.

One more thing, if you don't know what the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) is, find out and learn why these codes even exist, who wrote them and why...

....The majority will just pop a brew, light up a J, fire up the tube, pretend everything is just dandy....

It's not.

OUT.
edit on 16-12-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: nomo

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Not only do you have tent cities, but now they're living in those rent-to-own utility buildings.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

People need to accept responsibility for their mistakes.

well...I'm going out on a limb here and say that 90% of the people in these tent cities is because they didn't choose to be; reason: massive job loss. The video below shows a sample of what is actually happening to America..this was from 2010...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join