It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'active shooter situation' at Arapahoe High School .colorado

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Any bets the social media cleanup is in full force about now.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Strange case here with Karl. His mom is a teacher at another school and a neighborhood watch block captain. And Karl running a 5k marathon to raise money for the school charity? Debate club in school and recently won a award that picture is already being removed by the school.Facebook is already gone.

www.littletongazette.com...

This was his debate award page with photo.

sites.google.com...
edit on 13-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

dup..

ItCameFromOuterSpace
Denver used to be a wonderful place back before everyone else from America (and Mexico) moved in. It's a mixing pot of do-gooders and wannabes. And the liberals rule the roost. Colorado has to be the #1 state in the nation for Obama stickers. There is a town called Louisville, where back in the 90's, they tried to pass a law to eradicate all the crickets because they were making too much noise for the residence trying to get a good nights sleep. A bunch of us called it the "crickocaust"! We still laugh about it here and there.

Need I say more?
edit on 13-12-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Denver used to be a wonderful place back before everyone else from America (and Mexico) moved in. It's a mixing pot of do-gooders and wannabes. And the liberals rule the roost. Colorado has to be the #1 state in the nation for Obama stickers IMO. There is a town called Louisville, where back in the 90's, they tried to pass a law to eradicate all the crickets because they were making too much noise for the residence trying to get a good nights sleep. A bunch of us called it the "crickocaust"! We still laugh about it here and there.

Need I say more?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Seems Karl was after his debate coach/librarian. Guess the debate coach kicked him off the team and he went after him with a shotgun and he fled the school running. And no there was nothing heroic about his actions he ran leaving students and other teachers in his path.

www.everyjoe.com...

edit on 13-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The police in the interview praised the teacher for 'leaving to lead the shooter away'. That doesn't seem to be what happened though.
edit on 12/13/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

The janitor helped him get to his car so he could leave the school. He helped sneak him out of the school. If he wanted to get the shooter outside he would of went outside and yelled to get him out there too.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Karl Pierson

I am always suspicious when the feds get involved:

www.denverpost.com...
Local and federal investigators were at the gunman's house Friday night along with a bomb squad.

---------

www.thedenverchannel.com...
Custodian Fabian Llerenas told 7NEWS that he saw a student dressed in military or tactical gear running through the school. He thought the black object swinging on the gunman's arm was a guitar case.
"It just looked weird," Llerenas said. "He went in and that's when I heard two pops. That's when I knew. I said, 'They are shooting in the school.'

They are portraying this as a 'specific-cause' type assualt, but the clothing, the fact he attempted to ignite Molotov cocktails, and the girl who was seriously wounded, may indicate that something else may have been planned.

--------

www.cnn.com...
They soon heard people yelling, and walkie-talkies crackling, and then they heard police asking someone to drop the gun, put the gun down, and hold his arms up, (Ninth-grader Whitney Riley) said.

Officially, they found the gunman dead in a classroom. Now there was another person with a gun? Hmmm...

-----------

Revel in the national humiliation:

/
edit on 14-12-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I'm from Canon City.It was way too isolated for me so I have lived in Colo. Springs witch is right wing and mostly military,you'd expect that with the Air Force academy ,Ft Carson ,Peterson etc.
I noticed rude behavior is no longer shunned,people are disconnected and attached to the phones like some kind of imbilical cord. It has been suggested gamers frontal cortexes are being ...altered by the constant input of instructions ,so much so that they don't function well in life.
Maybe this is part of that.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ahhhhh! The recent drill:

www.englewoodherald.net...
Emergency equipment lined the streets in the area around Englewood High School* Nov. 8(2013) so about 300 first responders could take part in exercises coordinating the response to an active shooter inside the building.
To make the exercise as real as possible, more than 135 volunteers willingly let makeup artists create wounds and injuries on their bodies. The list of volunteers included 55 drama students from an Aurora high school as well as EHS students.

*Denver metro area

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

cavtrooper7

I'm from Canon City.It was way too isolated for me so I have lived in Colo. Springs witch is right wing and mostly military,you'd expect that with the Air Force academy ,Ft Carson ,Peterson etc.
I noticed rude behavior is no longer shunned,people are disconnected and attached to the phones like some kind of imbilical cord. It has been suggested gamers frontal cortexes are being ...altered by the constant input of instructions ,so much so that they don't function well in life.
Maybe this is part of that.

Wondering did anything come yet that this shooter was a gamer?
Seen some comments from people were saying he was beyond spoiled.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh, the amazing differences between the handling of this, and Sandy Hook.

We actually witnessed the evacuation of more than 15 children, yet, some must still sit and criticize this? They searched them, because in remembering Columbine, there were multiple shooters. They trained in the schools for this specifically because of, and post, Columbine. This school was not far from Columbine.

I cannot condemn their reactions for the safety of the others, they really had to do the pat downs. If you had not seen this, you would be screaming "Sandy Hook!" all over again.

In fact, I will continue to point out we never saw 500 children evacuated from Sandy Hook, just one class... remember that. But, you witnessed this evacuation today. Remember that, too. This school was stated to have over 2k students. I think considering the totality of the circumstances, it was handled well, and handled properly.

The media handled this totally different. I was watching Fox when the news broke. I had just gotten home from getting a CT done, and as the story came across, there was no "fog of war" type reporting, hysteria, the type of one upsmanship and sheer misreporting that happened across ALL media. It didn't happen this time. Why?

The differences must be pointed out, and they MUST be questioned. Not only to answer what happened with this incident, but to possibly help find more reasoning to the display that was Sandy Hook. I will not, I refuse to buy it, that the MSM "learned their lesson".

I find the two, the closing of air space, the media differences, the First Responders, State Police, all of it, simply fascinating, and hugely revealing.

Most certainly, I cannot be alone in this, yet after reading the entire thread, I see no one else postulating on it. I find that unusual in itself.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by network dude

I think the mental health aspect is important but its a bit of a cop-out, most people who have depression or schizophrenia for example dont go out and gun down a bunch of kids. A "sane" man could quite possibly have done this just as someone with a complex mental health history.

Do sane people kill innocent kids? I'd say no. Sane people know that taking a life is forever.

So while yes I agree a gun is just a tool, it is a tool that is creating quite a lot of problems. The poor state of mental health treatment is also a problem but its a separate issue, trying to forge the two together is just wrong.

Now i am sure that everyone would want to live in a world with out guns but that is just not the reality.

Actually no. Guns have been around since America has been a nation. Guns were around when I was a kid in the early 70's. Yet somehow, we didn't shoot up schools. So it would stand to reason that guns are not the issue here.

Guns are never going to go away in America, that is a fact and its also the way it should be guns are part of your culture and tradition as a nation.

It would be like telling us Scottish folk that they are going to ban kilts.

that said however,

When cases like this are a monthly occurrence then as a Nation you guys really do need to have a serious and sensible debate with out all the emotion and sob stories from both sides. Something does need to be done, what that is, is what needs to be decided upon, the question of "does America have a problem with gun violence?" has been answered with a very loud YES.

Now what needs to be done is that people need to start having a real debate about what to do about the problem. This should not be a debate about the emotions or the silly arguments but a very mature realization that there is a problem and then moving forward with steps to start going someway to tackling the problem.

Could it be the way our society has been hijacked by the Politically correct crowd? It sure seems that way. It's no longer acceptable to discipline your children. Let them find themselves. Oh hell, let them raise themselves. Kids, go watch some TV, Mommy has to go to work and we haven't seen daddy for years.

Focusing on guns for this issue is lazy and ignorant. Somebody had to pick up that gun. Someone had to have the idea that taking other innocent lives it perfectly alright. THAT is where the problem is.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
but when news like this is becoming a expected and regular occurrence, even the most die hard supporter of gun rights must admit that something in someway needs to change.

Something needs to change alright. Maybe it's time to start looking at why several high-profile shootings took place within 10 miles of each other in the same state, including the most infamous one that 'started' it all.

Just my opinion, anyway. I know if 3 shootings like this occurred within 10 miles of where I lived, I'd have some serious questions that needed serious answering.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sorry but I have to agree with anyone who says Denver sucks. It is a ghetto. I was born here in Colorado and it used to be pretty nice. Now it's WAY too crowded, we make the national news all the time for the messed up things that happen here, people are rude, etc. I cannot wait to get out of this place (just wish I had the money to afford to move).

This is just another perfect example of Denver/Colorado going down the hole. Unfortunately, news like this doesn't even surprise me anymore. Sad world we live in today...
edit on 14-12-2013 by LoveyLadybug because: add a word

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
They seem to be talking about a different 'drill' than the one at Englewood. I wonder how 'recent' it was:

www.denverpost.com...
A law enforcement official said Arapahoe had just recently practiced an active-shooter drill. ...
Student Justin Morrall said students had been trained to move to the corners of classrooms where they would not be visible. ...
"Then we went into the drill positions," Morrall said.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

starviego
Arapahoe had just recently practiced an active-shooter drill. ...

Surely its a sign your country is F'd up to the extreme when you have to practice Shooting drills.

I mean at school the only "drill" that should be taught is a fire drill!

Something is badly rotten in the USA.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
After Hungerford, they grabbed your semi-automatic rifles. After Dunblane, they grabbed your semi-automatic pistols. And after Cumbria, they grabbed your shotguns. Maybe your country is the one that's 'F'd up', Tommy-Boy!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

starviego
After Hungerford, they grabbed your semi-automatic rifles. After Dunblane, they grabbed your semi-automatic pistols. And after Cumbria, they grabbed your shotguns. Maybe your country is the one that's 'F'd up', Tommy-Boy!

In what part of my post did I say guns should be banned?

I never said guns were the problem did I? Norway,Czechoslovakia and Switlerland has loser guns laws than the US of A but still dont have shootings. So no its not the guns!

But there is something rotton! How the hell can you think mass shootings ar schools is "normal"? HOW!?

Sorry but Europe does not have mass school shootings every other week!

It is not normal.

The USA has a problem! A big problem! No banning guns prob wont be the awnser! But you still have a problem!

Ignore if you want, stick you fingers in your ears, put your stupid flag over your eyes and hum you nation athem over and over but you still have a problem!

Sorry but mass shooting every other week is F'd up. The USA has a BIG problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This story has been all over the local TV and radio all day yesterday and this morning.
Of everything that's been said so far the only thing that's really stuck in my head is a statement made by the father of one of the students in the school

he said,
"I prayed to god, please don't let this day be, the one day I will remember for the rest of my life!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join