It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'active shooter situation' at Arapahoe High School .colorado

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Have they found out what kinds of guns were used? Because we all know that guns that look really really dangerous kill more people! End sarcasm…

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

And que up another Alex Jones Rant

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

This is about to be the next round of gun issue. No one will address the issues of a culture that behaves this way. Instead, it will be about allowing it to continue but, unarmed.

The moral compass of a nation has been set aside.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Denver is a hell hole. The Rockies are beautiful to look at, sure. But they are a diseased lot in Denver.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

even the most die hard supporter of gun rights must admit that something in someway needs to change.

Yup, and that would be people's minds.
No one is born as a natural killer. Somewhere along the process of growing up these minds have been influenced to think that there will be no consenquences for killing people.
Society is falling apart, and that needs to change.

Right on. Like I've said before.. gun confiscation would be like taking an aspirin for a brain tumor. The cancer in our society is what needs to be rooted out.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Freedom! Liberty! Freedom AND Liberty! Yeeee-Haww!
edit on 13-12-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

starviego

Freedom! Liberty! Freedom AND Liberty! Yeeee-Haww!
edit on 13-12-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

America. 2013.

*shakes head*

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

roadgravel
Hands up kids, you are all suspects at this time.

I saw that and it disgusted me. They were also patting down and searching every student. I just wouldn't have been able to allow that if I was a kid there.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Never trust a school shooting in America. Most are all staged to prepare for something bigger. Go look at the date when Dylan Klebold (Columbine shooter) was born. Take your time.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

That should be the defining photo of 2013. Slap it on the cover of Time-Life.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I suppose we will never get the facts about why this teacher was targeted. I really doubt this kid would go this far over some minor difference.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Here's 3,000 words.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How about this new buzz word by the media 'active shooter'. If a person doesn't shoot then they are not a shooter nor active. Redundant but full of fear.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

revolutionaryawareness
Never trust a school shooting in America. Most are all staged to prepare for something bigger. Go look at the date when Dylan Klebold (Columbine shooter) was born. Take your time.

...and on the flip side, utter nonsensical bullcrap like this needs to end as well. There is a massive difference between "the government staged this" and "the government abused this." People who cannot or will not see the difference between the two do a great disservice to our entire CT community.

The issue is the fact that the media lumps those of us who vocalize concerns about manipulation of data after the fact to further the political agenda of disarming the citizenry into the same bag with those who vocalize ridiculousness like "Columbine was staged" or "Sandhook victims were child actors." The end result is that the general population associates CT believers who have legitimate concerns and complaints with complete asshattery and disregard all parties involved. It throws the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

This is an internal issue with the CT community at large and, from where I stand, it is going to take the majority of us standing up and telling the ridiculous contigent to separate themselves from the rest of us along with telling the general public "We're not with those people."

ETA In response to the above, I will discredit with simple logic and facts. There were approximately 3.6 million live births in the US in 1981. There are 365 days in a year. That means, by a simple distribution of data (not considering the fact that there are months in the US in which the birth rates are higher than in others depending on location), Klebold shared his birthday with 9,863 other people born in 1981. The date they picked to carry out their shooting may have been chosen for cause by them, but the date he was born is simply happenstance.

It is really a conspiracy all to itself...
"Do the Powers That Be purposefully infiltrate the rational majority of the CT community with people heralding completely irrational and fantastical theories with the intent of discrediting us all?"

That would make for an interesting open discussion on ATS, actually.
edit on 13-12-2013 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

BS.

It's got nothing to do with guns or culture. It's about crazy people, period.

I grew up listening to Iron Maiden, playing D&D, and doing Karate. I never hurt anyone. No one I know has ever hurt anyone.

There was a shooting team at our school in Los Alamitos, CA, and no one ever got shot.

What has happened here is completely media driven. A virus-like brain meme has spread due to the coverage of these events, and certain people who fall below the threshold of sane or normal are prone to catching it. They all want to be famous. They want immortality.

You could magically erase every gun in the world and they would use box-cutters, scissors, or screwdrivers. The only way to stop this is to 1) leave all shooters nameless in media reports, and 2) work to identify and treat / isolate those who are prone to the virus -- before they act out.

There is no other solution. Therefore, the problem will persist.

EDIT: This one touched me personally. My son attends a neighboring middle school and I was receiving lock-down notices all afternoon while at work. Talk about feeling helpless.
edit on 13-12-2013 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
Denver is a hell hole. The Rockies are beautiful to look at, sure. But they are a diseased lot in Denver.
I agree, and I live in Denver. It's mixing pot of crap from all over the U.S.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I went to Arapahoe. Very bummed for the kids injured and the community. I live within eyesight of the school and just got home from work. Still helicopters about and about 50 police cars blocking my way home. Very sad for all involved.

CJ

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

Denver is not a hell hole. Nor are the residents a diseased lot.

CJ

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Night Star

Firewater
Once again, the shooter "kills themselves". So tragic.

usually when people commit suicide, they don't take anyone down with them. Growing up, I never even heard of shoot outs at school. What is it with todays people????

I think it may be that these shooters are not necessarily "suicidal". It may be that they become completely consumed with excitement, anger, nervousness etc. Along with the planning, visualizing and even fantasizing about the killing at hand. With thought processes leading up to the incident being more homicidal in nature.

Once their plans have been carried out and brought to fruition the initial excitement fades, as reality sets in. This realization that what they had just done was prelude to many, very real, consequences. Which, before now, likely hadn't been given much thought.

The fact that most of these school shootings seem to lack any type of escape plan could mean that suicide was also part of the plan. Or it may simply be that the fantasy which was acted upon did not have any consequences or involve any sort of escape plan. And at the end of this fantasy it is not a pot-o-gold you run into. Instead it is the brick wall which we call reality. When they suddenly find themselves in a situation which requires a quick decision to be made. Given an extreme short list of options, suicide may well just be seen as by far the easiest and therefore the best way out of the situation. And I'd be willing to bet that a non-suicidal person, in those shoes, could very well come to the same conclusion

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ryan Parker ‏@ryanparkerdp 1h
RT @kurtisalee: Heavy police presence outside suspected gunman's home. Neighbors say suspected gunman's mother is block capt. #ArapahoeHigh
Expand

So his mother was a Neighborhood Watch block captain?

Another article about strong political beliefs?

www.denverpost.com...

The teenage gunman who entered Arapahoe High School Friday afternoon and shot two fellow students with a shotgun was outspoken about politics, a gifted debater and may have been bullied for his beliefs, according to students who knew him.

While he was identified by classmates, law enforcement officials were not releasing the name of the gunman, who took his own life.

"He had very strong beliefs about gun laws and stuff," said junior Abbey Skoda, who was in a class with the alleged shooter her freshman year. "I also heard he was bullied a lot."

Sheriff Grayson Robinson said his department was investigating reports that the gunman was seeking to settle a score with a teacher following a confrontation.

edit on 13-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join