Creepy Vintage Santa Photos Are Ho-Ho-Horrifying!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake...

This time of the year there's nothing I enjoy more than sipping eggnog and browsing the staggering assortment of creepy Santa photos the web has to offer and somehow the vintage ones are always the worst (best?). So let's see those creepy vintage Santa photos! Here's 10 of my favorites to get things started:

Sources:
Creepy Santa Photos
Pretty Awful Things
Odd Stuff Magazine
and this guy's awesome Pinterest

Technically the Santa isn't too creepy in the last one but those clowns are pure nightmare material. Pro-tip for aspiring Santas: MASKS ARE FRICKIN' CREEPY.
edit on 13-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hillarious stuff. Thanks for posting S&F

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
OMG! Why would they let the killer klowns from outer space in a hospital room with santa???????

Very funny and creepy pictures. What is with the donkey I wonder? And is it just me, but does the santa in the second photo look possessed? Or reptilian eyes?
edit on 13-12-2013 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
These creepy pictures perfectly represents the way I perceive Santa Claus, or should I say, Satan Claws.

First and powerful deception done to our childrens in this world, if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Dear Lord... the second one is too much. I wonder if the girl made it out a live, There is no way I would let my daughter sit on any of their laps. Eeek. Of course she never visited Santa anyway. I think she thought all of them looked like the Santa in pic #2.

And the clowns... don't get me started on the clowns. Are they super large or what. Geez. Ominous.

edit on 12/13/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Thanks for posting these.
I am debating whether or not to scare my kids with something like this.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
WAY too creepy! You have ruined Christmas for me...I'll never see Santa in the same light as I used to again!

I imagine those poor kids were just as traumatized as I am!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The first and third look like the same donkey....it does look a tad like it is a taxidermied donkey?? I'm hoping it is just a real live one or a good model donkey..but I fear not!

The third santa looks like Rowan Atkinson AKA Mr Bean in disguise

I find the vintage ones very disturbing...I mean in whose imaginations did they look like jolly ole Santa!? But for some reason my final thoughts are that I can't get the taxidermied looking donkey out of my head...why?...just why? lol

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought how could pics of Santa be creepy?? WOW, you weren't kidding!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wanted Visions of sugar Plums not Freaky Clown Santa Nightmares!

Thanks Santa!
edit on 13-12-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Now I know why on Christmas eve I lock my door, light my coal fire. And stand there with my Ken Hom wok behind the curtain.....
edit on 12 13 2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Logos23
The first and third look like the same donkey....it does look a tad like it is a taxidermied donkey?? I'm hoping it is just a real live one or a good model donkey..but I fear not!

The third santa looks like Rowan Atkinson AKA Mr Bean in disguise

I find the vintage ones very disturbing...I mean in whose imaginations did they look like jolly ole Santa!? But for some reason my final thoughts are that I can't get the taxidermied looking donkey out of my head...why?...just why? lol

I noticed the same thing and I concluded that it's definitely stuffed. Worst place to get pictures with Santa, ever.

UPDATE:
Yep. He's bolted to the floor. REAL NICE SANTA, REAAAAL NICE.

edit on 13-12-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Evil clown-Santa hybrid. source

The eyes of a homicidal maniac! source

and a demonic automaton source

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

theantediluvian

I noticed the same thing and I concluded that it's definitely stuffed. Worst place to get pictures with Santa, ever.

UPDATE:
Yep. He's bolted to the floor. REAL NICE SANTA, REAAAAL NICE.

Yes, it's has I feared!
lol

If it was a stuffed reindeer I could understand the reasoning...but a stuffed donkey? I'm actually intrigued......

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Another reason to be bad to keep the creepo Santa from visiting.

I would shoot any of those Santas if they broke into my house on chistmas eve. I would shoot him and then sick my wife on him!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I have done a little research and may have answered my own question.....

Apparently..Santa Claus or the other names he is known as, is the same figure now ( complete with red coat and reindeers) in French speaking and English speaking territories. But in France and French speaking territories children traditionally left out treats and carrots for Père Noël or Papa Noël ("Daddy Christmas")...and his donkey! Yes, Papa Noël had a donkey! lol

So I suspect those vintage pics of santa and the donkey were taken in France?
It's even more creepy now....that guy definitely doesn't look like any "Papa" figure I know!

Just to add that Papa Noël's donkey had a name, apparently he was called Gui (French for "Mistletoe"). Wow, I learned something new today! lol
edit on 13-12-2013 by Logos23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

As for the eyes, I found this:

Orthochromatic film stocks were notoriously problematic for actors with blue eyes. The spectral
sensitivity of the stock would render the blue eyes as white, often creating a ghoulish appearance

source

Apparently red would also come out as very dark on orthochromatic film.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well it seems that those vintage pics had an excuse for the taxidermied donkey and possessed looking eyes! Mystery solved!

But I fear no amount of research will excuse those ghastly Santa mask's....it was just maybe poor judgement? lol

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
HE SEES YOU

when you're sleeping

HE KNOWS

When you're awake

You better WATCH OUT
you better NOT Cry
you better not pout

Santa Claus Is coming

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link