It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Brings His White Girlfriend Into A Harlem Barbershop - Watch What Happens.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have seen a great deal of effort and funds of late put into the attempt to divide and conquer and I must say staged or not it was very refreshing to see something positive come out of that box for once. The premise of this episode was indicative of what I see on a daily basis in and around New York and New Jersey. Little if any signs of division among races. People working together for a common goal.

It makes me very happy to see the establishment fail in this respect.

Best advice from this "We can't do this without them"

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

I go along with you 100%. Hard to believe that can happen. Do they think we a stupid !! Are the people in this video medicated !!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

DeepVisions
I'm sorry but these kinds of videos are ridiculous. They act like the white woman had no idea there was a whole camera crew in the shop. It's like these television programs are set up for people with the mindset of 10 year olds.

You do realize that they hide the cameras right? It's not that hard to do that anymore, the same with microphones.

Of course the barbershop knew it was happening, the employees at least. Since the woman that's stirring up the trouble is a actor. You wouldn't be able to record without the owners consent. You can't go into someone property and set up cameras and what not without consent. It's against the law.

Just because some people are in on it doesn't mean that it's 100% staged. Obviously any reality show is going to be staged to some extent. Since some people plan it, and others need to know that it is going on. Especially if it is going on in their property.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

DeepVisions
I'm sorry but these kinds of videos are ridiculous. They act like the white woman had no idea there was a whole camera crew in the shop. It's like these television programs are set up for people with the mindset of 10 year olds.

You seem to have missed something. The interracial couple and the female hair stylist are actors. The scenario was to find out what the response of the patrons would be to the display of racism.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I had a lot of thoughts on this video as I was watching it and thinking about it later.

My first thought was that the patrons who responded to the words of the hairdresser were too pat and eloquent. Not saying that people can't be spontaneously eloquent- but 3 people in a row? I have a feeling there were more than 3 actors involved in this scenario. Maybe the reason so few people responded was because they were aware that something wasn't quite right- they were listening to their instincts?

Another thought I had was that the hairdresser was not expressing racism so much as her fear of never finding anyone to marry her - and yet everyone treated her like she was expressing straight-up, out-of-nowhere unreasonable racism.

The man who exclaimed that it wasn't intermarriage that was destroying the Black family, but drugs and poverty made me think again. What causes people to be impoverished? Usually not finishing school and having children outside of wedlock causes poverty (and yes other things cause poverty, too but your average impoverished person in the U.S. is a single mom). So basically every time a woman accepts having a "baby daddy" instead of a husband (no matter what her race) she is helping to destroy the family unit and create poverty. So could women having children out of wedlock be a significant cause of the increasing poverty in the U.S. ?

I won't say anything about drug use here, because drugs are used by people at all economic levels of society. We all have unhappy feelings that we want to escape whether we are rich or poor, don't we?

Just throwing some thoughts out there...

Sal

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

That is a good point, full disclosure would require the time and attempts to get the filmed responses. As is is just good PR, rainbows and unicorns, even if it true...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

DeepVisions

The white woman? White woman was an actor. I imagine you mean the black people?

Cameras these days have all kinds of awesome cheap toys such as remote follow focus. The most basic type is just a set of wheels which spin the camera's lens controls and can be calibrated to a specific distance. They can be controlled wireless, they barely make a noise, and can zoom in and will be more precise than a human in a mostly fixed environment.

Remote cameras have been getting more and more common not just for this type of work but for large stunt set ups where it's unsafe to have camera men in the first place. A barbershop is a perfect place for this type of set up too since you have control over where chairs and seating are.

I can't personally endorse or state that this was 100% not set up or faked, but I don't think it follows via logic that there was a whole camera crew in the shop.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

lance_covel

DeepVisions

You seem to have missed something. The interracial couple and the female hair stylist are actors. The scenario was to find out what the response of the patrons would be to the display of racism.

This is weak though. Try it with a white man with his black girlfriend coming in to get a hair cut and take it further down town.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stdscf12

Saw this recently, great video but I wondered if they were all actors, all of them - still the message came across great.

Most, most people are not racists in any sense, their natural reaction is human, no inhumane - its the people in their boxes, in their ATS worlds that show the greatest bigotry.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is reality television. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that reality television isn't "reality" at all. It's all scripted/produced. So, why is this on ATS and why is it worth discussing?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Logarock

lance_covel

DeepVisions

This is weak though. Try it with a white man with his black girlfriend coming in to get a hair cut and take it further down town.

A hundred bucks says he would "accidentally" wind up with a bald spot from a "slip" of the clippers. But that wouldn't make it past the editor, just like the comments from people who joined in with the hairstylist in this video. Its called programming for a reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

DeepVisions

Lol and the funniest thing is how some of the "customers" keep looking at the camera but pretending to not be aware something is going on..

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

DeepVisions

You obviously don't have the cognitive capability of a ten-year-old. Of course the white woman knew about the cameras. She was part of the skit. The experiment was to see if the patrons would speak up. If you're trying to say the camera crew was in plain sight, there are such things as hidden cameras. It kind of scares me to know so many people like yourself frequent this site.
edit on 15-12-2013 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

SallieSunshine
I had a lot of thoughts on this video as I was watching it and thinking about it later.

My first thought was that the patrons who responded to the words of the hairdresser were too pat and eloquent. Not saying that people can't be spontaneously eloquent- but 3 people in a row? I have a feeling there were more than 3 actors involved in this scenario. Maybe the reason so few people responded was because they were aware that something wasn't quite right- they were listening to their instincts?

Another thought I had was that the hairdresser was not expressing racism so much as her fear of never finding anyone to marry her - and yet everyone treated her like she was expressing straight-up, out-of-nowhere unreasonable racism.

The man who exclaimed that it wasn't intermarriage that was destroying the Black family, but drugs and poverty made me think again. What causes people to be impoverished? Usually not finishing school and having children outside of wedlock causes poverty (and yes other things cause poverty, too but your average impoverished person in the U.S. is a single mom). So basically every time a woman accepts having a "baby daddy" instead of a husband (no matter what her race) she is helping to destroy the family unit and create poverty. So could women having children out of wedlock be a significant cause of the increasing poverty in the U.S. ?

I won't say anything about drug use here, because drugs are used by people at all economic levels of society. We all have unhappy feelings that we want to escape whether we are rich or poor, don't we?

Just throwing some thoughts out there...

Sal

So what you're saying is it has to be a hoax because they handpicked three articulate African Americans for their show?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

DeepVisions

Errr?? It's a set up...they're ALL actors, the stylist, the white girl...

It was a set up...

A social experiment....

If you dont get it...your mindset is that of a ten year old...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

stopbeingnaive

DeepVisions

You obviously don't have the cognitive capability of a ten-year-old. Of course the white woman knew about the cameras. She was part of the skit. The experiment was to see if the patrons would speak up. If you're trying to say the camera crew was in plain sight, there are such things as hidden cameras. It kind of scares me to know so many people like yourself frequent this site.
edit on 15-12-2013 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

Damn, you beat me to it....

I hope there isnt many like him here....

A good experiment, and a good result.

A refreshing view of your average African American, cool, calm, collected and educated.

"man, thats ignorance, and i don't deal with ignorance"...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Melanin.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

andy1972

DeepVisions

Errr?? It's a set up...they're ALL actors, the stylist, the white girl...

It was a set up...

A social experiment....

If you dont get it...your mindset is that of a ten year old...

I believe what he wanted to say is, even the people who supposedly didn't know about the set up, still manage to make it look like they are bad actors, doing posses and faces and speaking in a tone that makes it look like they practiced, also, hidden cameras may not have the quality of a full studio camera, and they manage to get close ups to all those people? and finally, some of them that supposedly didn't know keep looking around or at the camera at some point, i think the entire thing is staged, down to the actual customers that get or don't get offended, but who knows, i don't think its healthy spending too much time on this, as someone else said, the people who are more concerned about making special cases for 'races' are the government and those crazy cults, everyone else who is not crazy for the most part don't care.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Powerful.

*wipes eyes*

RISE ABOVE

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

phantomlord
This is reality television. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that reality television isn't "reality" at all. It's all scripted/produced. So, why is this on ATS and why is it worth discussing?

Nobody knows the exact setting under which this was filmed. If, as some have mentioned, concealed cameras were used, I think there are plenty of things worthy of discussion.

If there was a shop full of cameras and crew, that is an entirely dififerent situation altogether.

edit on 15-12-2013 by cuckooold because: Just like George from AA tells us, spelling mistakes are aliens

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join