It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Feds say they disrupted suicide bomb plot against Wichita airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Federal officials say they've arrested a Kansas man who allegedly wanted to set off a suicide bomb at the Wichita airport.

Officials were to announce details of the case at a news conference at 2 p.m. ET in Wichita.
In advance of the news conference, an official familiar with the case told NBC News that the suspect was "an older white man," who became radicalized after reading extremist Islamic material on the web.
The official said FBI had the suspect under constant surveillance and that undercover operatives, posing as like-minded individuals, had met with the suspect frequently.

Breaking: Feds say they disrupted suicide bomb plot against Wichita airport

Been a long time since I posted. Didnt see this here yet so thought I'd share. Sorry if this is a repost. I found out from a friend who is in K.C., MO, atm and she says the flights have been grounded...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Interesting - the past 3 'Airport terror attempts' seem to all have happened in the same 3 months or so (LAX, MIAMI, now this)

Reminds me how the Arizona Batman shooting, Newton massacre, and Boston marathon bombing, all successful 'terror' acts, also happened back to back.

Hmm

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I watched the breaking news. We were alerted to the fact that the failed bombing was done by a "White" male in his early 50s. I thought we were no longer allowed to racially profile and indicate race/color of suspects?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I don't know if you've ever been to the Airport in Wichita but it is no LAX..
Mostly it's a small regional airport there's only one debarkation ramp and I can usually find a place to park in the first four of five rows by the terminal...

I'm not saying it didn't happen... more like a "Why there?" kind of thing...

edit on 13-12-2013 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

Didn't think too much of it, tbh, myself. What I find interesting is the grounded flights in Kansas City, because of it.

Idk, it's hard to believe, IMO of course, that most of these homegrown terror "plots", aren't just a dog and pony show for us anyway.

I thought people would want to know about the incident regardless of opinion on the hows or why.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

There ya go, then thx.

Kindly direct your thoughts to the above mentioned thread, all. My apologies.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Redwookieaz
reply to post by HardCorps

Didn't think too much of it, tbh, myself. What I find interesting is the grounded flights in Kansas City, because of it.

Idk, it's hard to believe, IMO of course, that most of these homegrown terror "plots", aren't just a dog and pony show for us anyway.

I thought people would want to know about the incident regardless of opinion on the hows or why.

They probably grounded flights in OKC too but we haven't heard about them yet... I say that because KC is like a 4 hour drive from Wichita but OKC less than a hour south of and as airports go OKC is a Major one

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
soo the fbi was monitoring this guy for months and even sent agents who posed as "like minded individuals" to give him the hardware/components necessary.......if i didn't know any better i'd say the FBI finds a target who fits a profile, sends people to gain access to his inner circle and then coerces them into doing something while playing mind games the entire time. outstanding!

edit: would make for an awesome tom clancey novel
edit on 13-12-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The OP will likely end up changing the title of this thread to:

FBI helps delusional man gather supplies and prepare for suicide attempt at Wichita Airport

Don't they always catch these guys after months of setting them up?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Mamatus

FBI helps delusional man gather supplies and prepare for suicide attempt at Wichita Airport

Hope this is also posted in the prior thread on same topic

Cause, it's more correct

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

School shooting in Colorado....

Suicide bomber in Kansas...

Can we say incidents to justify continued "security".

Someone needs to explain to the government that the book 1984 was a warning and not a blueprint.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
funny..... how they always seem to have known about the individual for extended periods of time..... even 'aiding and abetting' right up until 'it's go time'.... only to arrest them and claim they've foiled yet another plot.

plot..... yeah ... one that was basically laid and hatched by them as well.

's not hard to 'foil attempted attacks' when you're tasked with creating, monitoring and maintaining them right up until the 'end'

go ahead.... light the fuse, joe.... light the fuse..

joe: okay. here i go...

joe.... you're under arrest.

derp derp

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Mamatus

You are so right...May I suggest a Title?

Feds Lure Another Mentally ill Person into Crime, Attempting to Justifying Itself.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I guess this is the end game for where all that 'Pre-Crime' thinking goes. Identify the people who could or may, under the right circumstances, willingly break the law ...then go about insuring those circumstances are created in just the right way.

Pre-Crime -> Pre-Violation -> Real Incarceration.

It sucked when this only came up in fictional plots. It really is worse in real life to watch happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This incident fits perfectly into the six week cycle.
Bet the Feds are annoyed that the school shooting bounced this out of the headlines.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Kind of broad scoped here for this thread, but I've been thinking:

You know the deep conspiracist in me is inclined to believe a few things. Things that would tell me all I need to know about the source of all these insane shootings and bombings. I think it's a foregone conclusion that the endgame here is total surveillance and disarmament of the general public. Could these all be copies of the same blueprint used to enact complete gun control in other countries? Using "Manchurian Candidates" and press spin? Problem,reaction, solution? I sound like a nut to myself but IF we do end up completely disarmed, and these crazy shootings magically stop happening after gun control is enacted but before most previously illegal and unregistered, or newly banned guns could be removed; like what seems happened to these other nations under new strict gun control laws, I'll have all the information as to the source I need. Of course, it'll probably be too late by then.

I sound nuts but I could almost call this my prediction of exactly where and why we're headed.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Im led to believe disgruntled worker...pissed of ex...going postal

I am totally doubting the "Jihad Homicide Bomb Plot" headline I saw

www.nationalterroralert.com... paign=Feed%3A+NationalTerrorAlertResourceCenter+%28National+Terror+Alert+Response+Center%29

We shall see:

If this is religiously motivated I would hope that it makes more news...if its a psyco with a personal issue then this is in my opinion local news not national

Personal vendetta's are not in my viewpoint a national security issue, like when 1/3 of the earths population (the muslim faith////////or Christians/////or all of the other religions combined) that's close to how it breaks down right?
Anyways....when 1/3 of the Earths population decide to declare war on you.....not as big of a deal when a mechanic gets pissed and runs the service truck out on the tarmac to upset normal opperations.

We shall see

X

new topics

top topics

join