It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen kill 18 oil workers in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This story is just breaking so there are few details for now.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Eighteen oil pipeline workers, most of them foreigners, shot dead north-east of Baghdad, officials say

More to follow.

www.dailystar.com.lb...

BAQUBA, Iraq: Gunmen Friday shot dead 18 people -- most of them Iranians -- who were working on a gas pipeline from Iran to Iraq northeast of Baghdad, police officers said.

The attack killed 15 Iranians and three Iraqis, and wounded five Iranians and two more Iraqis, the officers said.

edit on 13-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Unfortunately that is not news anymore. those men were men,fathers sons brothers and husbands.

Just muslims killing people isnt news.

put hot sauce on a crayon, now thats news.

muslims raping whites in europe...not news....

want to bag saggy pants....news

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Not news on ATS you mean? I know exactly what you are talking about. Non issues, stupid issues, get all the attention but real current events get ignored or swept under the rug. Happens constantly on this site.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Bottom line is we civilized folk expect to hear this kind of news to come from that part of the world EVERY SINGLE DAY. They have been slaughtering each other for thousands of years and will continue to do so until they wipe themselves out or we do it for them. Hearing this in the news is like reading that leaves are falling from the trees in the fall, most people just kinda say..."Yeap what else is new"

Like the total slaughter at the hospital in yemen recently, 52 killed.. nurses doctors sick people women children men. I can honestly say that i read the story and watched the video and and just shrugged and said to myself "what else is new"
edit on 13-12-2013 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well if its not the gunman, then its the drone.

They have no choice.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

This is true, we can let ourselves become desentized to these issues & ignore them while focusing on non issues, which is just what the MSM & their owners want. Strife, violence, conflict, & wars are apart of all out history & the west, namely the US, has been directly involved in causing such things in the Middle East for the better part of the 20th century & counting.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yeah it's a tragedy, the Middle Eastern people are stuck between a rock & Hell.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes.. The west has been mucking about in the ME for about a hundred years. Lets not forget to take into account the previous three thousand years of brutality and carnage. The west is not the cause of the problems, we are simply running into a shop thats already been completely ransacked to get what we can out of it before it burns to the ground.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

I gotta be honest, I don't know very much about the ME history from the last 3000 years but I do recall the 8 crusades the Vatican has part taken in, among many other things. The West's 3000 year history is brutal as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Swills
reply to post by Retikx

I gotta be honest, I don't know very much about the ME history from the last 3000 years but I do recall the 8 crusades the Vatican has part taken in, among many other things. The West's 3000 year history is brutal as well.

hey, we got a crusade goin' after new years!

yeah, bring your own sword!

maybe learn why.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Don't know what The Crusades have to do with Iraq?

And I don't know what 'The West' really has to do with the seemingly never ending conflict between Sunni and Shia Muslims?

I have some good friends working in Iraq at the moment, one is working on a pipeline - not sure if it's this one as I haven't been able to contact him, which to be fair is nothing unusual.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I didn't say they had anything to do with Iraq, I was clearly talking about the ME (Middle East). I bring the West up again as a point that they have a very bloody history as well.

I wish your friends well & hope they return safely. It's a shame, I'd love to visit the ME & take in the sights but Ill never go in my lifetime because of the constant violence.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Swills

I hear ya.

Many believe Xerxes started it

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Fitting avatar for this post

God damn Persians!

"Tonight we dine in HELL!", or would it have been Hades?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well if a gunmen killed 18 in the US the first thing people inevitably scream is either....

FALSE flag or ME TERRORISTS.

I feel sorry for the men killed and their surviving families. Country of origins doesn't matter. These guys were simply busting their asses trying to make a living and some sh!t for brains decides a statement should be made for either religious reasons or because they have issues with oil companies.

meanwhile, and I'm not condoning violence but why go after the guy who is simply trying to provide for his wife and kids and not the guys at the top of the rival Religious sect or some fat Oil CEO instead?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Really? False flag or terrorist? Here in the US we have our gun men killing people everyday, whether they're criminals or high school kids going on a mass shooting. Now being that this is a conspiracy board you'll have plenty of folks screaming false flag and in some cases they make some good points and our gov't is clearly guilty of false flag operations to get what they want.

That said, this was in Iraq which is a hot bed of terrorist activity, and it's only getting worse.

Terrorist are scum and go after easy targets, like much our mass shooters. They're wicked cowards.
edit on 14-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join