It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short and Incomplete Yet Highly Worthy thread Regarding UFOs in Popular Music (1950s - 1970s)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Allow me to add 1 song, ethnick for you because the language is foreign in your ears (Hellenic - greek) but I will write down all the song lyrics, to get an idea... It sounds like classic with buzuki, but... it is not.

lol

And here are the lyrics

The video begin by saying " Ready? Go..."

"I watch on television anthropomorphic beings to articulate phrases, as if they are qualified even to speak.

I hear them talking and talking, but I am trying to figure what they say, but they speak in another language and I am trying to catch up.

They bother me, like mosquitoes bother me with disturbing sounds in my ears.

They want blood to nourish and they fed fear in my heart.

And when I walk in the streets, I stare them scared

And if they hit me in the shoulder, I look wondered.

Refren:

Tell my GOD what happens,

aliens fall uppon us.

Because if these are earthlings

ah, I do not know what will happen ... "

at the end the artist says 1 word... " GET the f out" from planet earth apparently.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

JadeStar
4) A lot of the stuff that was posted in this thread was Progressive Rock (Prog Rock). Well Prog Rock became Progressive Metal and a lot of these artists have carried on the UFOs, Aliens, Space themes. I posted some of them.

I agree that there is still a lot of new music coming out that is worthwhile, but it can be difficult to source given the narrow confines of the music industry. And I was intrigued by the above comment as just today I was explaining to a pal how prog tends to get a metal edge when it tries to get intense...but a notable exception is Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) in his album The Raven That Refused to Sing. So consider this pitch an end run around a moribund industry.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
cuckoo, i'd be VERY interested to hear what you might have to say about this related field of study

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I've read that piece a few times. The author draws interesting conclusions, but I'm not a follower of this theory. From memory, there were a number of factual errors as well, indicating inaccurate research. As a piece of fiction I'd think it pretty good, but I find it rather reaching as fact.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

LA in 1965 is not the beginning of the "hippies"

Ken Kesey and the pranksters started the whole thing in 64...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

interesting conclusions

hehe ..good enough for me

regardless of when it "officially" started (checks wiki, hehe) the whole scene was more-or-less a revitalizing of ancient pagan ways, that's where the meat of the story is ..everything leads back to earlier sources and gets more & more mysterious, isn't that why we sometimes refer to all this as going down a rabbit hole?

as i recall, wonderland was full of pranksters & assorted oddballs

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

checks wiki, hehe
Wiki is the ultimate source for prankster information. There is an actual movie about the movie with actual footage.
rabbit holes are nothing.
www.huliq.com...

UFO sightings linked to belief and origins, said Ken Kesey

By Dave Masko 2011-02-06 11:43

BRAY’S POINT, Ore. – Ken Kesey liked to quote Arthur Schopenhauer when explaining his belief in UFOs and aliens; the view is “All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second, it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident.”

When Ken Kesey returned from a trip to Egypt with the writer Paul Krassner and the Grateful Dead in 1974, he started to talk about UFO sightings near his Bray’s Point summer place along the Oregon coast. In a new biography titled “Acid Christ” by Mark Christensen, the author devotes a chapter to Kesey’s UFO fascination titled “Venusians.”

According to Christensen, the Venusians was a catch-all term for alien life on Earth. While in ufology, a Venusian is a native inhabitant of the planet Venus, Christensen said Kesey liked to have a simple term that summed-up the UFO and alien issues and used the term Venusians.

For example, Christensen writes that “Kesey felt the Venusians were real and that they were the ‘bad guys,” and the Venusians were not running amok because certain friendly ‘arcane forces have those otherworldly villains under their thumb, because, in the first place, they are binaural.”’

Christensen writes that the topic of conversation with Kesey back in the early and mid-seventies was “whether or not the world was controlled by Venusians or the CIA.”

However, Kesey leaned more toward the Venusians (Aliens) controlling things than the CIA and governments, writes Christensen.

Kesey passes on with Venusians secret

Kesey died in Eugene on Nov. 10, 2001. His famous book “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” is based in part on a period in Kesey life in 1959 when at Stanford University he volunteered to take part in a CIA-financed student named “Project MKULTRA.” The project took place at a Menlo Park, California, Veterans Hospital.

Reports indicate that the CIA was experimenting with L S D to see if people could communicate with “alternate universes.”

The project studied the effects of psychoactive drugs, such as L S D and psilocybin or “magic mushrooms,” to see if it could expand people’s ability to think and “make contact” with alien life.

At the same time, Kesey’s friend Timothy Leary had written Kesey prophesying a new age: “I believe H. I. (higher intelligence) has already sent complex signals to the planet Earth, not in the form of laryngeal-manual symbols, but in scientific and mathematical messages. I suggest that the periodic table of elements, the DNA code, the obvious sequence of metamorphosis and evolutionary mutation, and mathematical systems are codes which can be deciphered and which communicate messages.”

Leary went on to write Kesey about the “message is that life is seeded in womb planets (like Earth) and is designed to pass through larval terrestrial states and then to metamorphose into interstellar existence.”

In turn, Christensen reports that he found answers to the Venusian question during his trip to Egypt.

Kesey said: “I was built to pass something on. When you’re there in Egypt, they have it – see! They’re in control of the past. Think what that means! When you know anything about hermetic philosophies, if you have control of the past, you have control of the future! They’re just beginning to know what they have. Realizing that they have all the records since the burning of the Alexandria library.”

Moreover, Kesey said he could tell what a “Venusian man” looks like. And, friends said he wasn't joking.

“I’ll tell you the way you can recognize them. Because they don’t have auras. You look at ‘em and you finally think, there’s something really – something missing – I can’t see it. Look at this could! See, over this place… this is not by accident,” Kesey said. “There are no accidents.”

edit on 7-5-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've got a few for ya!

Eddie Cletro And His Round Up Boys - Flying Saucer Boogie

Brainticket - Places of Light

Brigitte Bardot - Contact

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O

edit on 7-5-2014 by Thingy because: typo

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
deja vu *cough*

the whole scene was more-or-less a revitalizing of ancient pagan ways, that's where the meat of the story is

sheesh, i gotta tell ya..

ok, well, uhh, ..thanks for posting some of the meat
but all these folks (and more) have merely picked up the trail where others left off

(none of them have invented anything new, despite what lady gaga might think of herself)
that's why even these modern day bands (if they can be called that) are still referencing these ancient symbols & all the associated paganism/UFO/reincarnation themes

don't you have anything at all to say about what all these merry pranksters are embracing & expanding in the first place??

shapiro to kaufman: "is it just one big joke that only you get?"

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

don't you have anything at all to say about what all these merry pranksters are embracing & expanding in the first place??

Its the thing they don't talk about because if you call it this then it can't be that. I believe that wholeheartedly. I have said too much already.

"is it just one big joke that only you get?"

absolutely.

"I know a little something you won't ever know"
Hunter, Garcia

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Spirit-would you believe

www.youtube.com...

BE-BOP DELUXE - TWILIGHT CAPERS

www.youtube.com...

nin-The Warning

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Its the thing they don't talk about because if you call it this then it can't be that. I believe that wholeheartedly. I have said too much already.

methinks indeed you have

..what can't be talked about? the truth?
*chuckles*
"the real is never not real" ..or something to that effect?

this thing that's not openly talked about is how all these merry pranksters undermine the old-world judeo-christian traditions (a big shout out to the monty python crew)

that's not "coincidence"
there's always a method to the madness..

"I know a little something you won't ever know"

i'm sure you do

Wisdom shouts in the street, She lifts her voice in the square; At the head of the noisy streets she cries out; At the entrance of the gates in the city she utters her sayings...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

..what can't be talked about? the truth?

I'm not sure what the truth has to do with anything.
www.gradesaver.com...

i'm sure you do

you are damn right I do.

this thing that's not openly talked about is how all these merry pranksters undermine the old-world judeo-christian traditions

No, I think they actually talked about that.

"a friend of the devil is a friend of mine"
Hunter-Garcia
edit on 9-5-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

that link serves to confirm everything i'm trying to get across here (thanks again)

I'm not sure what the truth has to do with anything.

..even though you (seem to) know exactly what i'm driving at!?
i suspected as much..

edit on 10-5-2014 by UNIT76 because: you can lead a horse to the freak factory, but you can't make it drink

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76

that link serves to confirm everything i'm trying to get across here (thanks again)

..even though you (seem to) know exactly what i'm driving at!?
i suspected as much..

I have no idea what you're driving at. What exactly are you trying to get across? You're welcome?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I stumbled across this track the other day, and felt it worthy of bumping this thread.

Here we go, Dan Bern - Talkin' Alien Abduction Blues.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Devin Townsend - Ziltoid The Omniscient

Nothing I can say about it, you'll just have to hear it.

Few things I disagree with:

Neon Knights? Really? That one needs some 'splainin'.

DT - Pull Me Under and Lines in the Sand? Maybe the second but I don't see either as related.

Rush - 2112 - Not UFO related. Humans in the year 2112.

I have lots of music and can't think of any UFO related songs. Go figure that.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
Super Genius
Member is offline.

..you're a super-genius, you'll figure it out

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Neal Young use to write so of the best chick music in his day like searching for a heart of gold. Put on alittle Neil or Cat Stevens and you had a good chance of getting laid. those were the days pre aids.

edit on 11-9-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join