It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Short and Incomplete Yet Highly Worthy thread Regarding UFOs in Popular Music (1950s - 1970s)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

"We believed we'd catch the rainbow
Ride the wind to the sun
Sail away on ships of wonder."

Is the closest it get's to spaceships. The song as a hole is spacey and that combination does qualify the song to be in this thread. IMHO

Another Rainbow song seems to cover another alien topic. It's viewpoint is that of a slave building a tower of stone for a wizard. The question on the slaves lips is:

Where is your star?
Is it far, is it far, is it far?
When do we leave?
I believe, yes, I believe

All eyes see the figure of the wizard
As he climbs to the top of the world
No sound, as he falls instead of rising
Time standing still, then there's blood on the sand.

HOAX! dammit!

edit on 14/12/13 by D.Wolf because: Dio changed into Rainbow.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
WAT? No love for Blue Oyster Cult? ETI and Take Me Away are about UFOs, there may be more.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
War of the Worlds by Jeff Wayne. And who could forget Sheb Wooley's Purple People Eater, or CCR's It Came Out of the Sky?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
And please, do not forget Rush with "mystic rythums" great song and great sound. Cant get this to load, can anyone help? if you have never heard this, you are missing out.....

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Here you go my friend

Link to Mystic Rhythms - Rush

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Thank you very much, you along with Rush, rock!...crank this up, it is good....

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You hear each generation talk about how music used to be great, but this era may never be equalled, Just glad to be a listener.....and searching the skies....

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

Fo those interested in the Hendrix story and the lyrics to that song on the first album there's this..

During the course of our conversation, Curtis also revealed the fascinating details of the time a UFO landed in front of them and actually saved their lives. The event took place on a cold winter's night near Woodstock, NY in 1965. According to Curtis, if it hadn't been for the occupants of this metallic stranger, Jimi and his fellow musicians might have frozen to death.

Here's a link to the full story... Hendrix UFO experience

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
What the # happened to popular music? Notice that all these songs are OLD to VERY old. Now it's devolved to "music" to twerk to and other mundane drivel, or very dominantly so. What happened to the sense of wonder and the DESIRE for more knowledge, experience, MEANING than is allowed by the existing (secrecy-based) political world? It seems the last ET-themed big, or big enough, hit was "Who's Behind the Door?" by Zebra in 1983. GREAT song, with THE best 12-string guitar track ever recorded, IMHO. (Someone feel free to imbed video if you like).

Here is the link to my SoundCloud page. Currently have 3 songs; 3 more are on the way. One is about 9/11 truth. Should have them posted in the next month or two, barring any unforeseen problems (mainly in writing the remaining lyrics).

soundcloud.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Only one relevant sentence in this song, but I thought I'd post anyways

2:22 - "There's UFOs over New York, and I aint too surprised."

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The best clip , folks Travis :Side :

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-12-2013 by kanakaris because: wrong link again

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
here's a couple of my faves:

the Only Ones, "Another Girl, Another Planet", 1978

the Rezillos, "Flying Saucer Attack", 1978

Also, Hendrix was said to have been photographed wearing an UMMO button.
Anyone know where to find this picture?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OK, here's a live cut from the much-under-rated, post-Phil Genesis album 'Calling All Stations'. Alien Afternoon...abduction? OBE? Not sure, but it follows the Genesis songwriting tradition of There I was...and things got weird Great song, nonetheless!

edit on 17-12-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: the video wouldn't embed...fixed now.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

One of the really old ones..
july 1947
One month after Kenneth Arnold's sighting.
edit on 17-12-2013 by gillyp17 because: added date released

Edit; just noticed the thread asked for music from the 50's; ah well, never mind.
edit on 17-12-2013 by gillyp17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Xaphan
Only one relevant sentence in this song, but I thought I'd post anyways

2:22 - "There's UFOs over New York, and I aint too surprised."

Yep Mr. Lennon also mentioned "...like a UFO you came to me" in his song Out of the Blue. This was prior to his UFO sighting in August of 1974.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Lightworth
What the # happened to popular music? Notice that all these songs are OLD to VERY old. Now it's devolved to "music" to twerk to and other mundane drivel, or very dominantly so. What happened to the sense of wonder and the DESIRE for more knowledge, experience, MEANING than is allowed by the existing (secrecy-based) political world? It seems the last ET-themed big, or big enough, hit was "Who's Behind the Door?" by Zebra in 1983. ......

Some may beg to differ.....

It's life Jim, but not as we know it. From one of the three US goddesses of contemporary pop.

Katy Perry - ET ft. some bloke who can't really sing

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Fabulous thread, it reminds me a bit of another monster thread from a few years back Celebrity Stargazers thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There were many more songs mentioned there. In truth there are far more songs with UFO/ET references be it open or hidden than most would guess. I am surprised Arizona by ATS's own Robbie Williams has not been mentioned yet.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Star and Flagged. Well done.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I've always been a Jimi fan , and the people very familiar with his music will notice a recurring theme concerning some mysterious woman that seems to have met him briefly and then flown away somewheres and promised to return.
This is obviously complete conjecture on my part , but I do believe this.

It just feels right.

I can even make an educated guess as to whom he met.

edit on 17-12-2013 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ahhh yes .... and here is a VERY early Hendrix tune that may make you smile)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

edit on 18-12-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Moon Rocks - Talking Heads

Flying saucers, levitation
Yo! I could do that
Get ready, for heavy duty
Go one, give it a chance
I saw your hair start to curl
So get up, write it down
You better wait for a while

edit on 18-12-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join