It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Wants Ban on Saggy Pants.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

DonVoigt
There already is a ban on saggy pants it's called indecent exposure, this whole obnoxious behavior of saggy pants, and that is all it really is, can be easily remedied by issuing basic tickets with a fine that comes with that ticket, pay the fine or go to jail where the whole, saggy pants thing started, now learning the reality of what the saggy pants in jail means should be enough to make people stop doing it, in jail where this trend started means that the person wearing saggy pants is willing to let other inmates stick their penis in their anus.

I'm investing in a belt!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Belts save lives!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

DonVoigt
There already is a ban on saggy pants it's called indecent exposure, this whole obnoxious behavior of saggy pants, and that is all it really is, can be easily remedied by issuing basic tickets with a fine that comes with that ticket, pay the fine or go to jail where the whole, saggy pants thing started, now learning the reality of what the saggy pants in jail means should be enough to make people stop doing it, in jail where this trend started means that the person wearing saggy pants is willing to let other inmates stick their penis in their anus.

That's a myth as I've already pointed out in my last response. Baggy clothes in jail are the result of issuance. The inmates get what's available. A lot of times the jail uniforms are too big. I suppose there's a nugget of truth in the idea it started also because inmates aren't allowed belts. Still, it isn't a sign of homosexual favors. That's just something haters say to denigrate the style.

T he first I remember seeing do this were the beastie boys and rundmc.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My wife and I saw a sagger walking down the road. I rolled down the window and yelled "getta belt!!!" He flipped us off!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Bad idea...next they'll ban whatever ...women in tank tops or short shorts or bandanas or backwards baseball caps....to interracial couples holding hands etc. where does it stop. I think saggy pants are the height of stupidity but...you can't ban them. Really.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

amazing
Bad idea...next they'll ban whatever ...women in tank tops or short shorts or bandanas or backwards baseball caps....to interracial couples holding hands etc. where does it stop. I think saggy pants are the height of stupidity but...you can't ban them. Really.

Also people with gauges in their ears. Stupid. But yet....freedom right?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Exactly.

Not to mention that the yay-sayers in here seem to want to ban it simply because they don't think it's appropriate to see peoples' underwear.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only person who sees more lip lines on a girl at the beach than I'm used to seeing in public.

Bikinis next?

How bout we just nip the madness in the bud and say that people can wear what they want even if it does look foolish or innappropriate.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Somebody said it best. You can tell the wierdos by the way they dress!!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I've seen Marilyn Manson debate a lot of people and I end up thinking he's the sane one and they're the weirdos by the end of it most of the time.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

TheRegal

I'm sorry but I've seen Marilyn Manson debate a lot of people and I end up thinking he's the sane one and they're the weirdos by the end of it most of the time.

It does seem as if people like Marilyn Manson and lady gaga are geniuses. Weird sells.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I work for public education and seeing kids like this is so stupid and I have some purposed changes. Now they get slick and put on shorts under the pants so they can make the pants saggy and you cannot say anything because it is not technically showing their underwear. Or they try the long shirt thing so the shirt covers their underwhatever.

As a professional, adult, rational, logical human being....I treat it as usual, unless exceptional. It is their choice but as one assistant principal told me: Sometimes you just have to put your horse blinders on. So why fight it anymore?

I think I know why.

I do not mean to be cruel, or to offend anyone here. But I must be honest. Lets be honest.

The whole sagging the pants thing came from male inmates that are ready to be F'ed in prison/jail by other big male dudes in the United States. How it ever got turned into a fashion thing may be above my pay grade to understand. But I know this much.....Tell them where it started and they might think twice of their actions. I feel like they need to know the truth but then again I know I am not the right person, professionally, to tell them that. I feel bad, sad, that they might live a life of fashion without first knowing where it came from and then they have to find out by some surprise and Lord only knows what that does to a young mind. Or maybe that don't find out and ignorance is bliss. That seems to be the American way of handling things.

Or maybe they should know the fact that when they are approached by a teacher/staff member and they run from you with saggy pants, it hurts their chances of getting away.

Either way, someone write that official and tell him he has to look no further than our prison system in the United States and how to spread the truth about these matters rather than another stupid F'ing law on the books, taking more rights away and pealing away at the freedom onion. And then ask him how much time he has spent making new laws compared to how much time he has spent to modify or removing any good ol' law on the books and his little head might pop.

...And then I can remember back to saggy pants for me too at that age too. I did it in school because I thought it was cool and was somewhat fashionable. But it sucks to lose a hand or your legs I found. And then I found that God or evolution did not create 2 arms and hands on me so that one day I can spend most, if not all of the day, holding my pants up with 1 of them. And then it wasn't until I was well out of college to finally know where it started from. So ya, life is a bitch.

edit on 22-12-2013 by ItzMeRon because: Spelling/Grammar

edit on 22-12-2013 by ItzMeRon because: Spelling/Grammar

edit on 22-12-2013 by ItzMeRon because: Forgot child "hood"

edit on 22-12-2013 by ItzMeRon because: Loose had one too many holes. Kidding on the square.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ItzMeRon

I've already pointed out that baggy clothes did not come from homosexual favors in prison. Do you honestly believe a culture that frowns so heavily on homosexuality would incorporate it into fashion?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join