It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Wants Ban on Saggy Pants.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Just curious as to why?

Everyone that I've ever asked, says, "It's comfortable!"

Damned liars...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is dumb as hell.

As long as someone isn't exposing themselves in a way that can be considered "indecent exposure" this is nothing more than another law on the books, and a pathetic way to raise city revenue.

Just because someone doesn't like another person's personal style does NOT give them the right to dictate what fashions are acceptable and not acceptable.

This is Tusla, how about they go after some of the "People of Walmart" as that seems to be the preferred fashion runway in that state.

What's next? L.A. letting Joan Rivers decide what clothes should be illegal? Yeah, right.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Thats an interesting point.

Since everyone can see their boxer shorts, can i just forgo the pants completely?

Just walk around with loose fitting boxers on, where my bit could fall out at any time?

Its the same thing only with the added stupidity of having a pair of pants on that arnt even on!
edit on 13-12-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I thought about this, could it really be a subconscious urge to wear a diaper again ? this pic really looks like he took a dump in his pants and wants to just keep going without having to stop to change it.

edit on 13-12-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

phinubian
reply to post by Biigs

I thought about this, could it really be a subconscious urge to wear a diaper again ? this pic really looks like he took a dump in his pants and wants to just keep going without having to stop to change it.

edit on 13-12-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

Hey, hes rich, he gets to defecate in front of you at any time.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I saw a nice looking one at farm and home the other day watched him walk away, told my daughter will you look at that, embarrassed the heck out of her.

I would, NEVER, HAVE EVEN, considered such things as those! You SHOULD feel, EXTREMELY, ashamed of yourself!

Thanks for the laugh, so a star for you.

Almost sincerely,
Milt

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Also, this seems to be nothing more than a conservative power grab against a sub culture they don't particularly care for.

How about we make bolo ties illegal? They personally offend me because conservative people tend to wear them more than progressive people.
edit on 13-12-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That looks like a saggy diaper...

It might be one... Those are "training" pants. I can remember using them, with my kids.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

In the end, no one can tell what can be worn or cant be worn.

As long as it does not enter the indecent exposure limit.

But im sure people can get away with it by wearing a shorts then a saggy pants over it... since shorts are ok by themselves.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Part of the gangsta look in NY was also running around with untied timberlands lmao. Double the trip hazard

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This seems to be a law passed for two reasons...

1) Leech even more money from people, with the added benefit that most, if not all the people fined won't have the money or political pull to fight it or to try to have the law removed from the books.
2) To have a reason to stop, question, and frisk people. I think it's fairly safe to say that the majority of people sagging are part of a particular subculture which is known to include drugs, guns, and crime.

Personally, I wear baggy jeans mostly, except at work or if I'm out on my land. I'm 6ft.6in. and weigh close to 400lbs. which makes it incredibly hard to find clothing in my size. I've got two options in my town, the men's big and tall which charges roughly twice what a normal store does. I once bought a white button up shirt for $60 because I literally couldn't find a place that sold one both wide and long enough for me. My other choice is to buy "urban" clothing which is generally designed longer and comes in bigger sizes. I've also noticed that a lot of these baggy jeans are actually designed to look like they're sagging when they're not, I have several pairs with the back pockets sewn on extra low to give that illusion. I never sag and always wear a good reliable belt though, it's uncomfortable to have my pants falling down all the time and it's impractical...literally everything you do is harder or more awkward if you're constantly pulling your pants up.

I live right outside and work/shop in Tulsa. I say let people wear what they want. If they're butt cracks are showing then hit them up for indecent exposure. I fear that this will also pull people like me into their crosshairs who like baggy clothes but don't wear them like idiots.
edit on 12/13/2013 by Crackavelli because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/13/2013 by Crackavelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hey, I hate those old men who pull their pants up until it sits just under their armpits, and use a belt and suspenders to keep it up.... They look just like pedophiles. Can we get a ban on that too, please? Oh yes, and men with short hair.
edit on 13/12/2013 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Ban the saggy pants. I don't even understand how saggy pants migrated beyond the walls of federal prisons. Maybe it's supposed to be a demonstration that they've done the crime and the time and ought to be respected for the "war grounds" they've successfully traversed in one piece. Personally, I don't feel that way about it. You weren't put in prison to earn a medal, you were put in there because you did something wrong. You were supposed to be taught a lesson. It's not an initiation or rite of passage, and treating it like one...well, I think I've made my point.

Ban the saggy pants.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A ban on pants around your ankles? Good. No more urban blight.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Hellhound604
Hey, I hate those old men who pull their pants up until it sits just under their armpits, and use a belt and suspenders to keep it up.... They look just like pedophiles. Can we get a ban on that too, please? Oh yes, and men with short hair.
edit on 13/12/2013 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

I think you're getting the wrong idea here. My point is that we ought to curb behaviors which promote a certain attitude. And by "certain attitude", I mean mentalities that have proven largely inconducive to a productive and civilized environment. Considering that saggy pants were invented by men who had proven themselves unwilling to manage themselves according to the law and the interests of fellow man, I think we can reflect on the attitude portrayed by such demonstrations as saggy pants.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ban the saggy pants.

In addition to "saggy pants", God, and religion, what do you have on your current "to ban" list?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 819America/Chicago12RAmerica/Chicago2013-12-13T12:39:53-06:00Friday00000053America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I think it can be 'proven' that old men who wear their pants under their armpits are pedophiles....
So I think all men that wear their pants under their armpits should be sent to prison.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

BenReclused

Ban the saggy pants.

In addition to "saggy pants", and religion, what else do you have on your "to ban" list?

See ya,
Milt

Can we have adults that chew with their mouth open please?

I mean its eating which is the most basic thing anything alive does...... do it without the noise and stuff falling out

edit on 13-12-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hellhound604
I think it can be 'proven' that old men who wear their pants under their armpits are pedophiles....
So I think all men that wear their pants under their armpits should be sent to prison.

You may be on to something

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
WoW!
It's Not Darwinism and Evolution or a Deformity!

edit on 13-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join