It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford is hiring and has a plan for 2014!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well, amid a few years of mixed news out of American automakers, it seems at least one is in decent shape. This news from Ford would indicate they are moving into good times and expansion. It's a bit of good news, I just had to share.

DETROIT: Ford Motor Co said it is adding more than 11,000 new jobs in the United States and Asia in 2014 as it rolls out 23 new vehicles, the biggest launch year in the company's 110-year history.

23? Whew.. That'll be something to watch. A real bumper year for them, eh?

The number of global launches planned for next year is more than double that in 2013. Worldwide, Ford is on track to make 6 million cars and trucks, the company said.
Source

Tho I must admit, where I happened to first see this particular headline is a bit odd, all things considered. No matter though, because it's good news for a change and it's nice to feel good about a story.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Its a shame no one can afford to buy new cars

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Think Positive! This too shall pass..... People thought America was Kaput at the end of Carter. Bad times for a couple years too...but we recovered and we went on. We'll recover from this too, even if I can't see how at the moment ... We will. What's the alternative? roll over and quit? lol... That isn't happening.

So heck.. We'll have the money again at some point. I may just be buying used for a couple models.. Whats new? Literally, never a car for me anyway.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Obviously people can and do buy new cars. Not everybody of course but those that can,do. Which allows somebody like myself that makes decent money able to buy the very good used car or truck they had. I sell my good used vehicle to somebody else lower on the pay scale and so on down the line.

I know a lot of people hate unions but I tell you, go find a large construction site in a union town and look in the parking lot. You will see a lot of new cars and trucks. And since it is a construction site (the building trades unions) you will see everybody working their ass off as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Five years ago when I wanted a new car the whole auto bailout debacle was going down. Ford, rather than ask for a taxpayer bailout chose to downsize and seek private lending options instead. I guess you know I went and bought a Ford!

Good for them if they are doing well!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you for sharing that. I wasn't going to be the one to start that side of it, but you're absolutely right. They did spurn the bailouts and went their own way. I know a couple people with Ford stock held for many years that will be happy with this news. At least that piece of what they have will be a sign of good things for awhile.

It has to start somewhere..and I'll happily take tiny baby steps, if they aren't stepping backward.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I guess Ill admit I work for Ford Motor Company and live in Dearborn MIchigan. I can say it seems to be getting better for us. The unions are kinda getting screwed, but that too is starting to level out. With making new models and more in production, we are retooling existing plants to make the new cars. Even here where I am (undisclosed).

I will say they took away all of our benefits (medical-retirement etc) and replaced them with the "buyout" process. Take the lump sum, and Ford may hire you back at min. wage on the lines.

But...all and all...things here are a bit brighter for us.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

PS. We are receiving $$$$ cash to compensate for the medical benefits loss....for now. We have received 3 payment so far. And though its 5 digit range, thats BEFORE taxes and surely doesnt take care of even 1/2 of some of our medical bills.

Still...Im blessed to have job and am grateful I do...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I used to work for Ford myself in St.Louis. Though I loved working there I would never do it again.First off I wouldn't make the wages that I had in the past.Secondly the union is not as strong as it once was.Thirdly I got rid of my Explorer Sport trac in disgust after the 4th recall and went foreign.Never had as much issues since.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's a good news! It has continued to be one of the leading brands in the market having a saleable fleet.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We have a small number of Ford F-150 pickups in our fleet at work ranging from 2008 to 2013. They are garbage. Constantly in my shop for repair.

We had two service vehicles which were 2008 Ford F-350 cabs and chassis with utility beds. Both of them had steering problems. And both of them had similar engine defects which led to cracked engine blocks. They were disposed of in 2012.

In comparison, we have a lot of Chevy and GMC pickups that have only ever needed minor maintenance so far.
Our newest service vehicles are Internationals that are working out great.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: littled16

Five years ago when I wanted a new car the whole auto bailout debacle was going down. Ford, rather than ask for a taxpayer bailout chose to downsize and seek private lending options instead. I guess you know I went and bought a Ford!

Good for them if they are doing well!

Yep, exactly.

That's the main reason I bought a Ford truck.

Who would have thought with hard work and responsible financial decisions they pulled through and prospered
WITHOUT a government "bailout".

Yet Chrysler, who took the money still went under and had to sell out to FIAT. So now Chrysler is owned by an Italian company.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
They're gonna save a bucket load pulling out of Australia now too.

Shame, our locally built falcon is as good, if not better than its American cousin.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: littled16
Shame I cannot S&F your post (no idea why). But thank you!

top topics

join