It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Naval Vessel Tries to Force U.S. Warship to Stop in International Waters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I do realize that every navy and air force in the world do shadow each other. It's usually the air forces that engage each other, rarely the navy.

China has every right to feel protective of its carrier, but I think this was above and beyond a provacitive acting on Chinas part.

What idiots, they sent a LST to intercept a Guided Missile Cruiser. LOL That's like trying to chase down a Corvette with a VW Bug.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by TDawgRex

Talking crap about the USA . HEY I am a patriot what can I say. I love my country. Can you fault me for that ?

God bless America.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by peck420

I do realize that every navy and air force in the world do shadow each other. It's usually the air forces that engage each other, rarely the navy.

China has every right to feel protective of its carrier, but I think this was above and beyond a provacitive acting on Chinas part.

I highly doubt this had anything to do with China's carrier (see below for why).

What idiots, they sent a LST to intercept a Guided Missile Cruiser. LOL That's like trying to chase down a Corvette with a VW Bug.

Bang on!

Why would China send such an ill equipped vessel? They have much better ships around Liaoning at all times, just like a US carrier...

Which is why I think this was just some dick waving by a couple Chinese Captains. Captains that are probably getting new ports from their superiors now...

edit on 13-12-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmonopoly

Did I miss something? Did someone reinstate the cold war when I wasn't looking ? Russia was our allie in both world wars and were only enemies for a short time until they can to their senses again. Last time I checked we were on the same side though maybe not as warmly as before. Or am I wrong ?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

The narrative hasn't changed at all. I have yet to see you address anyone else that does it though. So it's perfect fine for others to do it, but since is the US it's Eeeeevvvviiilllll, right?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Tell that to Japan. Oh and check the timing on the ending of both world wars and you'll see they came to a quick conclusion when the YANKS arrived. We are not known as a world SUPER POWER for nothing. Jeeze get real.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

peck420
Bang on!

Why would China send such an ill equipped vessel? They have much better ships around Liaoning at all times, just like a US carrier...

Which is why I think this was just some dick waving by a couple Chinese Captains. Captains that are probably getting new ports from their superiors now...

edit on 13-12-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

The Captian of that LST when he recieved orders for intercept was probably thinking, "You want me to do WHAT!"

But being the Chinese navy, his reply was probably, "Yes Sir. Long live the PRC...out." (All the while thinking, "I am oh so dead.")

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

The narrative hasn't changed at all. I have yet to see you address anyone else that does it though. So it's perfect fine for others to do it, but since is the US it's Eeeeevvvviiilllll, right?

Well, since this is ATS and from what's been uncovered/revealed, its hard to disagree.

link   
reply to post by ken10

Oh and no one said we did this single handedly.

link   

TDawgRex
The Captian of that LST when he recieved orders for intercept was probably thinking, "You want me to do WHAT!"

But being the Chinese navy, his reply was probably, "Yes Sir. Long live the PRC...out." (All the while thinking, "I am oh so dead.")

Maybe he just couldn't see over the dash?

Too much?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No the cold war is not back. It is a new one the cold shoulder and not from Russia but most the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

ken10
If you read the real history, you would know that the US did not win any wars single handed, and especially in WW2 it would have been the Soviets that had the biggest hand in defeating Germany....But even in WW2 before you entered you were instigating sheet between countries with your lend lease act while proclaiming yerselves neutral......

Didn't the US and other Nations help China during WW-II fight off the Japanese? I'm surprised that you of all people failed to mention the fact that WW-II was a World war and that China was in it.

Germany is over in Europe which contrary to many revisionists wasn't the only WW-II villain.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by ken10

Tell that to Japan. Oh and check the timing on the ending of both world wars and you'll see they came to a quick conclusion when the YANKS arrived. We are not known as a world SUPER POWER for nothing. Jeeze get real.

Are you saying you fought Japan all on your own ?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmonopoly

In your dreams. The world is not ATS in spite of what some may think.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Me personally ? No I wasn't even born yet.
Good Lord who's atomic bombs were they ? Russia's, England's, France's ???? Maybe they were Canada's.
edit on 13-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

(post by mikeone718 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The cooler heads were on the US side this time around. No shots were fired.

Haha. That's sounds as though navies are constantly shooting at each other.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Non story really, apart from the propaganda that is drawn from it.

I doubt the USN would let a Chinese ship inside the bubble of a CBG. That's the way it goes. This just feigned outrage for the sake if it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join