It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two men arrested for anti-Semitic tweets after Spurs v West Ham match

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Two men have been arrested for posting anti-Semitic tweets following Tottenham Hotspur's match with West Ham. A 24-year-old man from Croydon and a 22-year-old man from Wiltshire posted the comments about Hitler and the gas chambers after the Premier League match on 6 October. Both men were arrested on Thursday on suspicion of inciting racial hatred.

I wonder if these men really are racist or just pissed about a football game wrong. Last week I had no idea you could get arrested for things like this in the UK but this is the second case I've read since where somewhere has been arrested for saying something stupid on the internet.

Thank god laws like that don't exist in America because our overcrowded prisons would literally explode. Ever play Xbox Live? Good lord!!!!!!!

Moral of the story, if you don't have anything nice to say in the UK while on the internet then just shut the BLEEP up!

Related Articles,

PM: Spurs fans 'Yid' chants should not be prosecuted

Tottenham and West Ham fans warned about 'yid' chants

Football fan arrested over anti-semitic tweets

edit on 13-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

(post by n00bUK removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Neat how the fascists conquered the UK without successfully invading huh?

Mussolini and Hitler are long dead but their ideals live on in every modern government.

Ban this, ban that, arrest him and her. Crush the individual with the power of the state for the sake of (enter excuse here).

The state will always be superior and there will always be something or someone that is inferior. In this case it's a couple of idiots posting messages online. So the superior (and anyone who wants to align themselves with the superior) attack the inferior to reaffirm their status.

Free speech is the new Jew.

B..b.b.b..bbbut what they said was mean!!!!!

Yeah, well you want freedom or not?

This is why fascism has won. It is the way of the new world. These people simply think they can use the ideals and methods of fascism for "good." As I recall good intentions was the initial foundation last time this ideology hit the world stage.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I hear what you're saying because I'm American and enjoy free speech, which includes hate speech (although that does not include threatening speech), but I've learned from the ATS thread I posted in the OP that in the UK free speech does not at exist, even on the internet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

5 Harassment, alarm or distress.
(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he—
(a) uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Newspeak is the fictional language in the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, written by George Orwell. It is a controlled language created by the totalitarian state as a tool to limit freedom of thought, and concepts that pose a threat to the regime such as freedom, self-expression, individuality, peace, etc. Any form of thought alternative to the party’s construct is classified as "thoughtcrime."

Orwell was inspired to invent Newspeak by the constructed language Basic English, which he promoted from 1942 to 1944 before emphatically rejecting it in his essay "Politics and the English Language".[1] In this paper he deplores the bad English of his day, citing dying metaphors, pretentious diction or rhetoric, and meaningless words, which he claimed to encourage unclear thought and reasoning. Towards the end of the essay, Orwell states: “I said earlier that the decadence of our language is probably curable. Those who deny this would argue, if they produced an argument at all, that language merely reflects existing social conditions, and that we cannot influence its development by any direct tinkering with words or constructions."

Source (Wiki)

Namaste.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If some people can only fulfill their lives by using racist comments, then they must lead very sad lives indeed.
People can disagree with someones politics or religion, but not because they happen to be of a certain ethnic background.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Speaking ill of the Arab Muslims has been given the green light because of extremists and their extreme voilence. Although, has there been similar cases in the UK of people being arrested for their racist/anti Muslim speech?

The answer is yes,

Outrageous: Three British men arrested for ‘offensive’ anti-Islam comments after Woolwich murder

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Have you ever played Xbox Live? It doesn't get more racist than Xbox Live, but yet, I really doubt the KIDS and ADULTS playing are racist, just stupid and pissed about dying in game!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Those types of laws, with their loose definitions relying on relative experiences, are golden rings for fascists.

It's a blank check to change the target of their scorn at will.

Agents in the US are using the same wording right now to sway public opinion. Take Mom's Demand Action and their recent phrase "gun bully". Simply seeing a firearm is to them and their supporters harassment. Tying the sight of a firearm to a legal term like harassment sets the groundwork for government action to marginalize a group of people with the support of another group of people.

So moving against liberty to appease one group at the expense of another in the end helps.........government.

Because those liberties lost are lost by everyone.

Personally I find that to be harassment. I wonder if government will make a move to appease me? Doubtful.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Ironically enough, the law I posted just above your post came out in 1986.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Swills

Moral of the story, if you don't have anything nice to say in the UK while on the internet then just shut the BLEEP up!

Cybersecurity Bill(NDAA) 2014...Think you will find its on it way

Am gonna give the internet maybe 2 more yrs before its limits on sites and pages are put in place so you can't do anything beside check ya email.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

I'm sad to report I've not keeping up with the NDAA news. What's in store for 2014?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If you want to spout hate speech, and curse, you can do it anywhere else you want to

You wont do it here

That kind of disgusting drivel has no place in a decent society or this board

You have been warned

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Rockefeller

couple of days ago now he has got his lacky's to pass a bill on this s**t. No more Free Speech. That's the way I see It anyho check it out and let me know what you think.

Not only are they TRYING to dumb us down here in the UK they also want are rights too.

V

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This happens in areas where their right to speech is not clearly defined, or in the countries where it is illegal to discuss certain Hebrew lies.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Football banter,

Ten years ago there would have been fighting in the terraces........is it not the lesser of the two ?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

True say ken. BUT Still don't make It right to say those things on the net, plus the media love this sort of report because it raps the internet which we know they want turning off.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I'm American so I don't give a hoot about soccer, or as it's also know, football, but the one thing I'm aware of is the violence that surrounds the game worldwide. It's pretty damn ridiculous how violent these fans, players, and refs are.

So if we're going that route may as well ban soccer, erm, football then.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

As we can now see that words will get ya 20 but driving drunk and killing 4 people will get you therapy-especially if you are a 1% percent'r of the wealthy class.

They call it the Criminal Just-Us System for a reason.
It's a busine$$

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join