It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read this, this morining, and lost my cool

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

There have been many times I have felt like the guy on the right in your picture.
These are the times when I remember, there are more of us than there are of them.
So let's continue to "fatten-up" the bankers and remember;

"When times get really really hard, we can just eat the rich".

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

MissBeck

Biigs
I got a nice letter from my bank telling me that my account had been upgraded, it didnt actually tell me anything about what thta meant only this little gem at the end that said "service charge changes apply".

That wouldn't have been Halifax by any chance would it? They did exactly the same to me a few years back. Never asked, just did it. I kept the account, purely because it has a few added extras that are useful to me, but at a standing charge/account fee of £15 a month.

But I would like to have been asked!

It wasnt the Halifax it was the HSBC.

I really dont understand what the difference is between earning X amount and then 10% more the next month and then needing a standard service charge to do exactly what they did in the damned first place, i mean WTF holycrap this is stupid! Im paying a flat fee for somthing i got last month for free? ARE YOU JOKING?!

rant is the right place for this, its utterly stupid.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Dude, I used to work for Bank of America in their Credit Card department as a customer service rep. This was back in 2008. They actually told us EXACTLY what to say to people asking why the bank got a bailout and they didn't. The management never came out and told us it was a lie, but everyone knew it. I hated that job with a passion.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I never saw the need for hell,
until I contemplated modern banking.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy

g146541

On several occasions here at ATS and other boards I have urged folks to dump their banks.
They cannot survive without us, but we can thrive without them.
There is a reason that banks were a major target of robbers during the last depression, in the next depression they will be again.
Where was my bailout?

I agree. I've been telling folks for years to drop the corporate mega-banks and go with a small local bank. I remember hearing about Occupy Wall St. in New York raising all kinds of money --- and depositing it with Bank of America! We gotta take action, or the system will suck us all dry.

You misunderstood me, I said dump your bank.
Big, small, credit union, dump them all.
They are not there to help you, they are there to line their own pockets.
There is no need for a bank, if you cannot afford it, save up for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Nothing "modern" about this banking system.

And it actually feeds "Hell", it is already there, which is why they need to leech off of us through the proxy of "banks" so they do not die.

They enjoy the energy of misdirected hate VERY MUCH.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Even credit unions? I suppose they are just he lesser of two evils. I've kept my account to specifically pay bills and bills alone, otherwise it's good ol' cash in pocket for me. its suprising how much money you save that way...

When is this collapse going to happen, already? its time for big banks to pay for what they've done to this country and the world. That ATS post about the severe trend we're following with the great depression was very, very intriguing.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

ParasuvO

Nothing "modern" about this banking system.

And it actually feeds "Hell", it is already there, which is why they need to leech off of us through the proxy of "banks" so they do not die.

They enjoy the energy of misdirected hate VERY MUCH.

No contest.

I'm not saying you're right, and
I'm not saying you are wrong, but
that what you have said is true whether I like it or not.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Lynx1102
Even credit unions? I suppose they are just he lesser of two evils. I've kept my account to specifically pay bills and bills alone, otherwise it's good ol' cash in pocket for me. its suprising how much money you save that way...

From what I've heard from many people over the years,
some credit unions can be alright. That, and the fact
that the big banks don't like them is enough for me to
give them a nod and a pass.

Lynx1102
When is this collapse going to happen, already? its time for big banks to pay for what they've done to this country and the world. That ATS post about the severe trend we're following with the great depression was very, very intriguing.

From the small print that I read,
they have to gain the whole world, before they
irrevocably lose their souls.

/maniacal laugh

Mu ah ha ha,
mu ah, ha ha-ha-ha ha!

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

....and now, let us ask the question...

..which of these persons can be best described as ENTITLED?

the little guy? really?!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Come on, people! Lighten up on the banks and the "entitled"! Don't you see? They've all been suffering from Affluenza!

Um, 2nd line?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't mean to be sounding like some kind of new age hippy

But the sooner that we as a race/people realize that our dependency on money is a shackle, and get rid of it, the sooner we shall start moving towards a better goal...

TRY AND THINK OF ANY PROBLEM, WORLD OR PERSONAL, SOCIAL OR DOMESTIC THAT CANNOT BE TRACED BACK TO MONEY

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Lolliek
Come on, people! Lighten up on the banks and the "entitled"! Don't you see? They've all been suffering from Affluenza!

Um, 2nd line?

Hmmm, you've got me thinking here. If we can prove that the big banks are suffering from affluenza then perhaps we can get the government to institutionalize all of the heads of them for a very long time, too. After all, they're clearly suffering from such a mental disorder.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Yes, I remember all those good things around the early 1980's . Inflation at 5% or less, savings interest rates at 10%, credit card interest at 15%, private pension plans with employers you stayed with for life. Homes and mortgages that just required one wage earner. A second wage earner allowed the family to buy little luxuries.

Before then, there were green stamp savings schemes. You bought stamps, put them in a book, and then redeem those stamps for a cheque. A safe way to save money. Banks would have little information leaflets showing you much money you could save using compound interest. It was a curve that looked like a rocket launch.

TV used to be good as well - watching any programme would be like a reflection into your own home. They would always have the studios decorated for Christmas and New Year with tinsel and decorations and Easter with eggs and bunnies.

Then all the banks started being public traded, and then the "investors" just kept taking more and more. Savings interest rates kept being cut, credit card interest rates started rising. There was the great crash around 1990, when the economy went into meltdown as everyone panicked about getting onto the housing market, and prices just rocketed. Private pension schemes were raided when the stock traders want to "skim off pension fund surpluses". Then the government wanted their dip as well by removing tax credits for employee and employer contributions. Companies could no longer afford to pay into these schemes and they have been shut down.

Now we have all our traditionally local banks under foreign ownership. It's worthwhile checking for the "major shareholders in XXXX bank". Invariably, you'll find they are Credit Suisse, Santander, Goldman Sachs, Lloyds, and they cross-invest into each other, but the outcome is the same - money gets sucked out away from the customers.

I was in Edinburgh for years before RBoS got into trouble, and I saw what was happening. RBoS directors wangled their way with the council to get permission to build their new corporate campus over a golf course in the Green Belt. This allowed them to move staff out of office blocks dotted across the city and get everyone on one site. The directors actually wanted to buy a second golf course to play on.

Then all the banks started concentrated on "selling services" like loans, mortgages, credit cards rather than saving money. Pension fund management schemes started imposing 40% penalty clauses if anyone tried withdrawing their money before 30 years.

I spent six years battling Clydesdale Bank to get around £12000 in PPI payments refunded. PPI was an insurance scam where they took 10% of the outstanding amount on your account as a form of payment in case you were ever off ill. But since the credit card limit was £1500, the most that would ever have paid was £150, but they took in around £12000.
There's a service called the Financial Ombudsman service, as well as a website called Consumer Action Group:

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...
The little ****'ers played a game where they nudge people into a debt trap where the most they can afford to pay each month is the minimum payment on the debt. For me, this is what they deserve:

Lake of Fire

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't do business with a mega bank, never have. My husband and I still do business with the small banks we each started out with. I have a deposit in mine that went from a low of $0.97 to somewhere around $100 now. W00T! If it weren't for the fact that my bank is about 4 hours away by auto, we'd be doing more business with it. I think we were pondering a savings account there because the funds would be harder to touch. No impulse grabs - if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I didn't think about that angle!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

stormcell

Yes, I remember all those good things around the early 1980's . Inflation at 5% or less, savings interest rates at 10%, credit card interest at 15%, private pension plans with employers you stayed with for life. Homes and mortgages that just required one wage earner. A second wage earner allowed the family to buy little luxuries.

Before then, there were green stamp savings schemes. You bought stamps, put them in a book, and then redeem those stamps for a cheque. A safe way to save money. Banks would have little information leaflets showing you much money you could save using compound interest. It was a curve that looked like a rocket launch.

TV used to be good as well - watching any programme would be like a reflection into your own home. They would always have the studios decorated for Christmas and New Year with tinsel and decorations and Easter with eggs and bunnies.

Then all the banks started being public traded, and then the "investors" just kept taking more and more. Savings interest rates kept being cut, credit card interest rates started rising. There was the great crash around 1990, when the economy went into meltdown as everyone panicked about getting onto the housing market, and prices just rocketed. Private pension schemes were raided when the stock traders want to "skim off pension fund surpluses". Then the government wanted their dip as well by removing tax credits for employee and employer contributions. Companies could no longer afford to pay into these schemes and they have been shut down.

Now we have all our traditionally local banks under foreign ownership. It's worthwhile checking for the "major shareholders in XXXX bank". Invariably, you'll find they are Credit Suisse, Santander, Goldman Sachs, Lloyds, and they cross-invest into each other, but the outcome is the same - money gets sucked out away from the customers.

I was in Edinburgh for years before RBoS got into trouble, and I saw what was happening. RBoS directors wangled their way with the council to get permission to build their new corporate campus over a golf course in the Green Belt. This allowed them to move staff out of office blocks dotted across the city and get everyone on one site. The directors actually wanted to buy a second golf course to play on.

Then all the banks started concentrated on "selling services" like loans, mortgages, credit cards rather than saving money. Pension fund management schemes started imposing 40% penalty clauses if anyone tried withdrawing their money before 30 years.

I spent six years battling Clydesdale Bank to get around £12000 in PPI payments refunded. PPI was an insurance scam where they took 10% of the outstanding amount on your account as a form of payment in case you were ever off ill. But since the credit card limit was £1500, the most that would ever have paid was £150, but they took in around £12000.
There's a service called the Financial Ombudsman service, as well as a website called Consumer Action Group:

Great history lesson StormCell!

stormcell
www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...
The little ****'ers played a game where they nudge people into a debt trap where the most they can afford to pay each month is the minimum payment on the debt. For me, this is what they deserve:

That's what the hell I'm talkin about !!!!11

Mike Grouchy
edit on 14-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I went to get a bank account once, and I was asking all kinds of questions, and was getting answers I didn't really like. I've never made a lot of money, and they told me (if I remember this correctly) that if I didn't have at least 100 dollars in my account at the first of each month, id be charged 35 dollars... So of course I crumpled up the papers I had been given and threw it in the guys face. My friend that had brought me to his bank (Told him I didn't want a bank account, he just kept telling me to go down there with him one day) was stunned, lol. The only reason I have a bank account now, that I just got like 6 months ago, is because my job made me get it.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Believing they'll goto hell may be nice, but how do you know there is a hell? Furthermore, assuming there is how can you be so sure they'll go there? You're not the one that makes the decision.

If you want to fix the problem, take action against them. Don't rely on divine retribution.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Someone has taken up the rant.

Rage against the regulators
December 14th, 2013 00:12:44 GMT by Louise Cooper | 11 Comments

She says that until the individuals are fined for their criminal behavior
it will continue. Fining the bank itself does nothing, but put the cost
back on the customers.

Mike Grouchy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>