It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Meter Experiment by Blond Girl Students Proves WI-FI is dangerous - Now YOU do the experiment.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

lakesidepark
I took a look at our wireless router in our office and noted ANOTHER factor that could affect the germination of seeds. The router has two fans on the rear that exhaust some pretty hot air.

Any seeds placed there to germinate would be dried out, and any that sprouted would also rapidly be dried out, at a faster rate than those placed a distance away. So even if the 'room' is the same temperature, the area in proximity to a large air-cooled wireless router would be hotter and drier than the rest of the room.

So death of the seeds near the router could be nothing more than a drier, hotter enviroment, and not due to the wireless radiation. A hard-working wireless router would produce more radiation...but also more heat!

Unless this factor is controlled then the experiment will ALWAYS come out the same, but the cause would NOT be the radiation! Example of an EFFECT (dead seeds) being blamed on the wrong CAUSE (wi-fi radiation) simply because the same mistakes are REPEATED (exposure to HOT AIR -

i fear you are trying to scare people from doing the experiment and have a hidden agenda.

your claim that routers have not 1 fan but 2 fans is most OUTRAGEOUS DISINFO i have ever heard.

i mean what kind of router do you have is it a coal powered router?

i have a router in front of me and it ZERO ZERO ZERO fans and when i touch it is slightly warm.

i went to my uncles ted's house and his router don't have fans either.my sister beth don't have fans on her router.

my uncles said your probably on someones payroll and he winked at me.

just admit it you are an agent working for them and trying to instill fear in us.

(post by beckybecky removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

beckybecky
i i i fear you are trying to scare people from doing the experiment and have a hidden agenda.

your claim that routers have not 1 fan but 2 fans is most OUTRAGEOUS DISINFO i have ever heard.

i have a router in front of me and it ZERO ZERO ZERO fans and when i touch it is slightly warm.

i went to my uncles ted's house and his router don't have fans either.my sister beth don't have fans on her router.

how do sesds grow outside where the temperature fluctuates all day.you claim that seeds could be effected from warm air from a fan in a router is pure goggledgook.

there are no fans in routers.

just admit it you are an agent working for them and trying to instill fear in us.

edit on 19-12-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

Too bad that the "most OUTRAGEOUS DISINFO [you] have ever heard" happens to be true, in some, albeit not most, cases. This Western Digital router is just one example of a Wi-Fi router that comes with a fan. Here is another example. This page and this page both contain instructions on how to add a fan to your Wi-Fi router, highlighting the fact that some routers are indeed prone to overheating. Why is this so unbelievable? You have seen three examples of routers without fans, but you clearly have access to the internet (unless your access is restricted to ATS and Natural News?), which means you can see for yourself that the notion of a Wi-Fi router being hot or containing a fan isn't "DISINFO." I'll admit that two fans does seem excessive, but who knows?

The importance of controlling extraneous variables in a scientific experiment has been explained to you over and over, yet again you demonstrate that you do not understand this crucial concept. Plants can indeed grow outside - and inside! - despite temperature fluctuations. The issue here is that, in the 9th-graders' experiment, one cress group (the one near the PCs and routers) may have been subject to added heat/temperature fluctuations that the other cress group was not subject to. Regardless of whether the routers in the experiment contained fans, it is conceivable that heat from the constantly-running electronic devices could have affected the cress that failed to thrive. In order to show that proximity to Wi-Fi routers was the factor that affected the growth of the cress, the students needed to have eliminated other variables that could have also affected the growth of the cress. They failed to do so, therefore their experiment should not be taken as "proof" of anything.

Let me reiterate that I am NOT posting here because I am in any way against further testing of the safety of Wi-Fi (or smart meters, cell phones, GMO, whatever!). What I am against is bad science.

You constantly fall back on the ad hominem attack that people who disagree with you are paid shills, an assertion which you have no proof to back up. Who are "they" (the "them" you referred to) even supposed to be? Have you considered that some people might just disagree with you, or that you might even occasionally be in the wrong? In addition, I must say that, at least from my perspective, you seem to be the one trying to instill fear...

Edited to add that I just checked and my cress seeds are supposed to arrive on Saturday. I'm actually quite looking forward to this, as I have never eaten cress and hear it has a nice, peppery flavor. If I eat the cress that grows (assuming it does grow, I plan on letting it continue to do so) near my Wi-Fi router, do you think I will turn into the Hulk?
edit on 12/19/2013 by opopanax because: (no reason given)

(post by lakesidepark removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

lakesidepark

posted by blond hair girl shill
i i i fear you are trying to scare people from doing the experiment and have a hidden agenda.

If you have a wireless router that can connect 20 to 30 users, then it may have two fans.

see again you have revealed your sinister agenda to hoodwink people.

What difference does it make to how many users are using it?

a radio station broadcasts and the signal is tuned into either by one listener or a million listener it makes no difference to the radio station.

see? i have defeated you again.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

beckybecky

a radio station broadcasts and the signal is tuned into either by one listener or a million listener it makes no difference to the radio station.

You cannot be serious. If we are supposed to admit that we are evil paid shills, you should admit that you have been (with great success, I must add) trolling ATS.

From this page:

Most WiFi wireless access points / routers claim to support up to 255 connected devices. [...] Connecting 255 computers to a single WiFi access point, while theoretically possible, is not recommended. Performance of such a network will be very poor. Install multiple access points instead to distribute the network load. By adding more access points to the network, effectively any number of computers can be supported (though the network becomes progressively more difficult to manage).

On a home network, while dozens of computers and other devices may connect to the router, the performance of a shared Internet connection will quickly degrade as more computers access the Web simultaneously.

From this page:

In some cases, routers will overheat due to the sustained heavy load. An overheated router will behave unpredictably, eventually disconnecting devices from the local network and crashing. Shutting down the router and allowing it to cool down solves the problem temporarily, but if this issue occurs often, ensure the router has proper ventilation (no vents blocked) and consider moving it to a cooler location.

Home routers can typically handle ten (10) or more connected clients, although if too many devices actively use the network at once, similar overloading problems can result.

Many users -> heavy network load -> overheating -> need for router cooling (e.g. fan[s]). Sinister agenda, indeed.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted by blond hair girl shill

Stupid little blond girl!!! Don't know the difference between a 'transmitter' and a 'transciever'!
(hint - radio station only transmits....)

Go back to school, or finish that incomplete lobotomy you obviously suffer from!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

lakesidepark
Still don't know how a wi-fi router corresponds with the different wavelengths used by a smart meter transmitter!

I'm sure beckybecky can answer that one for us with her blond wisdom.

I don't know either. My "smart meter" talks to the electric company over the mains, not via wifi.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

beckybecky

It has to do with how many packets are processed and the duty cycle of the transmitter. An increase in either or both causes an increase in power usage, and heat.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

beckybecky

ok, definite TROLL. Case closed. Mods, can we close this thread? No ignorance denial taking place.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

beckybecky

Ahem:

On the bottom the router has four large rubber feet to help it stay put on any surface, as well as a relatively large ventilation fan. This fan only works when the router is hot; during the entire time I tested it, the router never got hot enough to turn the fan on. The router is also wall-mountable.

linky

Moral of the story: What you and your Uncle Ted have got isn't a decent sample of routers as a whole.

As Seen on TV!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

mbkennel

beckybecky

ok, definite TROLL. Case closed. Mods, can we close this thread? No ignorance denial taking place.

I would agree. I pushed my limits just trying to get the OP to demonstrate her trollness (quite successfully by the way). My apologies, definitely not trying to get any karma or stars here, and not proud of my participation - except to the degree it exposes the OP as a shill and troll, and that was worth any hit to my stats from my 'pushing the line'.

My problem with the OP is that she forms her posts AS IF she is presenting a serious threat, but in many of her past threads she advocates dangerous actions, that can have adverse effects on the health of anyone that believes she knows what she talks about. Read her history and see for yourself what I speak of.

With this thread, that fallacy (that she knows what she speaks of and presents credible information) should be totally debunked, and therefore it should remain (as long as the OP remains as a valid poster) so anyone that reads a future thread of the OP will find this one and know what kind of knowledge base the proposals and 'research' comes from.

If someone wants to start a new thread about ONLY smart meters or ONLY wi-fi routers, and keep the OP and Natural News out of it, then maybe this subject can be investigated properly. I am still curious if opapanex's planned repeat of the experiment does show any correspondence between wi-fi proximity and plant health.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by opopanax

Mr. Trower delivers a common theme – WiFi radiation is dangerous. He says that WiFi signals are equal to those used in microwave weapons and that they are threats to humans, particularly the elderly and children. When it comes to children and WiFi, Mr. Trower says, “children are physiologically

www.defenderpad.com...

this proves wi fi is dangerous.

A number of organizations, including the Council of Europe, the European Environment Agency, UK Trades Union Congress, the International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety, and the Russian Commission for Electromagnetic Safety, have also given strong cautions about all technology that emits radiation similar to that of WiFi.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Toxicology Program have also studied the effects of non-thermal radiation on human health. Their updated results are that, among other things, radiation can significantly increase the risk of glioma, a deadly brain tumor. They have classified RF as a possible carcinogen, same as lead and DDT.

- See more at: www.earthcalm.com...

www.earthcalm.com...

the reason some people here are attacking me because they have an agenda to make people ill.

healthy people make no money for big pharma.

ill people make 8 trillion for big pharma.

these people are so evil they will lie, kill,cheat steal,sell own mothers and kids for a few green backs.they are called psychopaths .they are amoral machines similar to terminators.

these people lead empty meaningless lives filled with counting money all day.thinking of how to steal more by every hook and crook.

remember these people don't have the same values we do.

that lakeside guy is very sinister.i can just imagine him sitting next to a big fat money grabbing greedy paws pharma exec brown nosing him really hard and sucking up like a minion.

all they want is money money money.swimming pools,cars,houses.
more houses,limitless whores.

last thing they do at night is count money.their greed is limitless.

when they lie in their bed at night staring at the ceiling they think of how to

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join