It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Meter Experiment by Blond Girl Students Proves WI-FI is dangerous - Now YOU do the experiment.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by crankyoldman

I can't speak for others, but I grow plenty of plants in my house from seeds to maturity and none have shown any signs of adverse reactions to WiFI.

They do, however, show plenty of adverse reactions to under/over watering/feeding and not having enough light. This kids "experiment", for 9th grade as well, was poorly carried out or at least poorly reported.

For the experiment to have any validity, both rooms should have been identical down to the last detail, with the exception of the WiFi - I strongly suspect that were many variables involved so the result cannot in any way be called valid. I have rooms in my house that get a lot of sun, others none at all, some are very warm all year round, others very cold, there is no detail on the watering/feeding patterns etc etc etc .....

why don't you repeat the experiment as above.eh eh?

how do you know the wi-fi is on or off?

maybe its off and you don't know its on.

or it is possible you are working for the industry and worried about their profits so you post some unverified claim you just made up.prove it.

it's well known that industry sponsored research always favors the sponsors business.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

lakesidepark

AlphaHawk
reply to post by opopanax

Most likely, we're dealing with a representative of Natural News, perhaps the health wanker himself, Mike Adams, pretending to be a female.
Look at their thread history, natural news as the source in the majority of their threads.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

I've been trying to figure out the OP motive for a long time. Wasn't gonna post to this thread, because this example of 'natural news' wisdom only endangers a person's ability to access the Internet.

Most of the OP other postings suggest actions that are MUCH more dangerous to people's health. This posting only leads to a proposed action that cuts off their phone and internet and electricity. And puts them in a closed lead-lined room to escape all the danger of the wi-fi world.

Now that proposes a quandry - how will this encourage more traffic to Natural News?

Frankly I believe blonde hair increases absorption of the non-ionizing radiation into the cranial cavity and stunts intelligence. Remedy is lots of Clarol (red or brunette, doesn't matter which).

Or, a large razor with lots of shave cream and some paste wax. The increased reflectivity of a chrome-dome will help bounce all the radiation off into space.

Then, with luck, the formerly empty cranial cavity will be restored with enough grey matter to prevent any further dangers to the rest of the public reading these threads.

how do you explain the 240000 yearly deaths in AMERICA from prescription drugs deaths from big pharma?

how many 9/11 is that?

how many? concentrate really hard on that fact. really really hard.really really deep.really really long.

maybe you should be concentrating very hard about that instead of on me.

link   

lakesidepark

AlphaHawk

Most likely, we're dealing with a representative of Natural News, perhaps the health wanker himself, Mike Adams, pretending to be a female.
Look at their thread history, natural news as the source in the majority of their threads.

I've been trying to figure out the OP motive for a long time. Wasn't gonna post to this thread, because this example of 'natural news' wisdom only endangers a person's ability to access the Internet.

Most of the OP other postings suggest actions that are MUCH more dangerous to people's health. This posting only leads to a proposed action that cuts off their phone and internet and electricity. And puts them in a closed lead-lined room to escape all the danger of the wi-fi world.

Now that proposes a quandry - how will this encourage more traffic to Natural News?

Frankly I believe blonde hair increases absorption of the non-ionizing radiation into the cranial cavity and stunts intelligence. Remedy is lots of Clarol (red or brunette, doesn't matter which).

Or, a large razor with lots of shave cream and some paste wax. The increased reflectivity of a chrome-dome will help bounce all the radiation off into space.

Then, with luck, the formerly empty cranial cavity will be restored with enough grey matter to prevent any further dangers to the rest of the public reading these threads.

how do you explain the 240000 yearly deaths in AMERICA from prescription drugs deaths from big pharma?

how many 9/11 is that?

how many? concentrate really hard on that fact. really really hard.really really deep.really really long.

link   

lakesidepark

AlphaHawk

how many 9/11 is that?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

lakesidepark

AlphaHawk

how many 9/11 is that?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

namehere
they tried but i can't accept the results of this experiment due to the lack of explanation of the environment of these rooms it was performed in, if they noted that and indeed created a sealed environment and repeated the experiment at least 3 times and had consistent results i might find it acceptable. not that i doubt that large amounts of em radiation is indeed harmful but an amateur experiment shouldn't be used as proof of anything, only those with an agenda would do such an irresponsible thing.
edit on 14-12-2013 by namehere because: (no reason given)

an amateur experiment shouldn't be used as proof of anything.

maybe we should stop using fire as that was a amateur experiment.

the moon landing was fake because they were not really moon travelers or qualified moon travelers but just amateurs.

maybe we shouldn't accept anything from you as you are an amateur too.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

I really, really hope you're just having a laugh at everyone who's taking you seriously (myself included). In the off chance you're actually serious yourself, though:
- Prescription drug deaths are unrelated and irrelevant to the topic you posted - ?
- The creation of fire was not touted as a scientific experiment, but it has clearly been replicated countless times, unlike the experiment described in your OP
- If you're referring to Apollo 11, although there are indeed conspiracy theories that allege the moon landing was fake, the crew certainly did not consist of "just amateurs" - each crew member was a professional, well-trained, veteran astronaut
- I don't have the means to conduct a proper version of this 9th-grade science experiment, as that would require two rooms/areas with identical conditions (light, humidity, temperature, etc.), one of which has a wi-fi router in it and one of which is shielded from wi-fi; if I just repeated the experiment exactly as it was done, the design flaws (e.g. lack of controls) would still be present
- You either have dedicated a large portion of your life to trolling ATS, have no concept whatsoever of what constitutes good science/proper experimental design, or are okay with accepting pseudoscience so long as the results fit your agenda; none of these options reflect well on you

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to beckybecky

And really, did you have to quote me three times to inject a totally unrelated argument (that by the way, I addressed several times in many of your other psuedoscience postings) to try to force ME off topic?

The topic is - primarily, the dangers of wifi, and secondary, the superiority of blondes. On the first count, the evidence is shoddy at best, and with the second argument, you do disservice to all blondes everywhere (there are actually some smart blondes, but I see none here).

Please keep to the subject, which is, this 'science' experiment. AND, do that by introducing some real evidence to support your argument made in THIS thread. This 'science' experiment is no more than a poorly-controlled grade school project glorified by Natural News as real proof (doesn't say a lot about Natural News!!!).

You can make your own thread about prescription drug deaths and let that thread get attacked properly (as it surely will).

Unless there is nothing more to present. In which case, this thread should die.

One once said it's better to shut up and let people have doubt, rather than to speak and prove the fool they think you are.

edit on 15-12-2013 by lakesidepark because: incorrect reply referenced

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

opopanax

- I don't have the means to conduct a proper version of this 9th-grade science experiment, as that would require two rooms/areas with identical conditions (light, humidity, temperature, etc.), one of which has a wi-fi router in it and one of which is shielded from wi-fi; if I just repeated the experiment exactly as it was done, the design flaws (e.g. lack of controls) would still be present
-

you don't have 2 rooms in your "house".

do you live in a hut?

lack of control.room without wi-fi or weak wi-fi or increasing distance from wi-fi.

i fear you are being disingenuous and the real reason is more sinister.you are worried about industry profits and trying to cast doubt on the findings for that reason and this explains your claim that you don't have 2 rooms in your house.

no doubt you are being smug at having cast doubt on the findings by throwing spurious reasons while you are trying to safeguard industry profits.

no doubt you probably think you are invincible to cancer because you rub shoulders with the rich industry bosses who throw a few bones to their lackey and laugh at him behind his back.

you remember that james bond film in which the drug dealers lackey accountant gets shot by the drug dealer himself when he screams that he had lost anther 200 million when the coaine filled tanker gets nlown up by james bond.

you remind me of him.i can just imagine you huddled over a desk with a laptop under your single room/hut counting the bread crumbs thrown at you and screaming and shouting at the walls .

All Alone.

Steve jobs WAS rich and famous and had $9000 million in the bank and he is still famous and the richest man.

in the THE CEMETERY.

DAD DEAD DEAD.

WORM FOOD.
edit on 15-12-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

beckybecky
why don't you repeat the experiment as above.eh eh?

Because in order to make it in any way valid, I'd need to be able to have two identical set-ups in terms of lighting, temperature etc yet shield one room completely from WiFi - I cannot do this in my house.

However, I have already stated I have plants growing in my house, which is WiFi'd and yet they don't have any problems.

beckybecky
how do you know the wi-fi is on or off?

It's on - always on. 24/7/365

beckybecky
maybe its off and you don't know its on.

That sentence makes no sense. Maybe it's off and I don't know it's on?

beckybecky
or it is possible you are working for the industry and worried about their profits so you post some unverified claim you just made up.prove it.

What exactly do I have to prove? The world is awash with EM signals and especially the 2.4Ghz WiFi band, owing to hotspots and what have you - are we seeing massive plant die off? No, we're not. The onus is on you to prove your claims, not me to disprove them.

As it happens, I work for Vodafone but I don't see what that has to do with anything, apart from the fact I might actually know a bit about the technical aspect of your claims making them seem even more absurd.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I never said that I don't have two rooms in my house. I have more than two rooms in my apartment, but that is irrelevant. The fact that you think just growing plants in two different rooms, one of which has a wi-fi router in it and one of which does not, would constitute a valid scientific experiment speaks volumes. In order to set up a proper experiment from which you can draw sound conclusions, you need to control the variables. If the variable you're testing is proximity to a wi-fi router, the other variables should be kept the same. What I lack is the ability to create a setup that adequately controls all of the other variables. People have attempted to explain this concept to you but it doesn't seem to be sinking in. I don't know what else to say at this point.

I have no illusions about being invincible to cancer. Where did that idea come from?

I have never rubbed shoulders with any "rich industry bosses," nor do I have anything to do with protecting their profit. It's very amusing to me that you are so convinced of this. Anyone who questions you must me a shill, eh?

That, from the very little you know about me, you have decided that I remind you of a drug dealer's lackey accountant from a James Bond movie is also quite comical. You can continue to picture me that way if it entertains you - no skin off my nose.

What does Steve Jobs have to do with this conversation? I am far from rich, and the similarities between myself and Steve Jobs are few...
edit on 12/15/2013 by opopanax because: Formatting

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If the experiment was conducted by anyone blond , I would have to suggest just utter mind boggling incompetence, Master race indeed!
edit on 15-12-2013 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't believe this, it has been making the rounds of facebook, so that right there makes it suspect.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Outtis

Plants grow just fine in my one room wifi saturated home. The only way plantlife dies here is when I forget to water them, or when I accidently water them too much in the winter. Plants seem to use less water when there's only three or four hours of daylight available.

The amount of BS in that article was the final drop that made me break my years long streak of lurking and finally reply to something. Why did it get to me like that? There have been things posted here that were even more preposterous than this.. but I just brushed those threads off as being silly. This I replied to. WHY?
. Dude, they're talking about blonds- yah know? You can betcha they just didn't know you had to water plants! Peroxide kills brain cells!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Dude, they're talking about blonds- yah know? You can betcha they just didn't know you had to water plants! Peroxide kills brain cells!

You missed a detail. OP stated she was a natural blonde. This means no danger from peroxide. Killing brain cells requires brain cells, of which there are none.

OP I feel left out. Can you call me a shill too? I miss it. I know you fantasize about being smart like me. C'mon,admit it.

Seriously - does the OP have to call everyone a shill that doesn't agree with her? Its hard to discuss any topic you post when you refuse to accept dissent without accusing them of being bought off by someone, or sandbagging the argument with unrelated subjects. Discredits your arguments, even without the blond hair.

(once again, no disrespect to those with blond hair AND intelligence, I know they exist elsewhere...but not in this thread)

These posts do add humor to the board, and helps people learn not to accept everything posted on the Internet, by the OP presentations of warped science and the logical attacks it induces from those smarter than the OP who are unwilling to accept the arguments of a paid shill from Natural News as fact.

I thinks Natural News is wasting their money and needs to hire a new shill. This one is doing them no good.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

opopanax

I never said that I don't have two rooms in my house. I have more than two rooms in my apartment, but that is irrelevant. The fact that you think just growing plants in two different rooms, one of which has a wi-fi router in it and one of which does not, would constitute a valid scientific experiment speaks volumes. In order to set up a proper experiment from which you can draw sound conclusions, you need to control the variables. If the variable you're testing is proximity to a wi-fi router, the other variables should be kept the same. What I lack is the ability to create a setup that adequately controls all of the other variables. People have attempted to explain this concept to you but it doesn't seem to be sinking in. I don't know what else to say at this point.

I have no illusions about being invincible to cancer. Where did that idea come from?

I have never rubbed shoulders with any "rich industry bosses," nor do I have anything to do with protecting their profit. It's very amusing to me that you are so convinced of this. Anyone who questions you must me a shill, eh?

That, from the very little you know about me, you have decided that I remind you of a drug dealer's lackey accountant from a James Bond movie is also quite comical. You can continue to picture me that way if it entertains you - no skin off my nose.

What does Steve Jobs have to do with this conversation? I am far from rich, and the similarities between myself and Steve Jobs are few...
edit on 12/15/2013 by opopanax because: Formatting

look it's simply growing seeds its not rocket science.you don't need to invent a new microchip.

people grow seeds everyday everywhere.if farmers were with people like you we would all starve to death while you hee hawed all year round looking for "ideal conditions" to validate it works.

if we had people like you we would not even have the wheel because you want to validate in in ideal conditions.

you need to love in the real world instead of ideal fantasy world.

you are making excuses to not do the experiment because you know that the experiment is valid but you are worried about industry profits
and your corporate "friends" who would blackball you.

you know very well wi-fi from smart meters causes cancer but because you don't have hubris you rub shoulders with billionaires you think your magically invincible.steve jobs thought the same.he thought his $9 billion generated a cancer shield.it did'nt

i don't want to die from your wi-fi cancer just because you and your greedy corporate pals and you can grab some more green backs and build another swimming pool even though you can only swim in one at a time.

The james Bond film is called Licence to kill and you can see yourself in the last 5 minutes.
The drug kingpin Big Bad has an accountant as a helper that gets more and more snarky about the money loss that the typical James Bond-brand Roaring Rampage of Revenge is giving them (Supervillain Lair-slash-drug lab blown up sky-high, Evil Minions killed, secret stolen MacGuffin military weapons that they were going to sell on the black market wasted on trying to kill Bond, etc) as the movie goes on. The Big Bad eventually gets enough during the final action sequence, and with a proper Pre-Mortem One-Liner shoots him dead with an Uzi.The acountant has a laptop which he uses all day to compute profit/loss all day.as he gets shot at by the his boss he clutches the laptop to his chest like a loved child.he carries the laptop under his armpit. i urge you watch that scene repeatedly as that is you.

your scene is at 1 m 20 seconds.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-12-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

you know very well wi-fi from smart meters causes cancer

You think the girls' Wi-Fi "experiment" is even applicable to Smart Meters?

Why did you put "Smart Meter" in the thread title? Something you misread in your source perhaps?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i will give the plant thing a try,.
Something else i have realized is I sleep better when I turn my
WIFI off at night. I recieved a new router from my Cable company
6 months ago, and about a month later we noticed we were not sleeping
through the night, very restless and odd dreams constantly. I read some articles
on the Wifi sometimes being the cause. So since we started shutting the WIFI off
at night, we are back to sleeping normal again.
Oh and we did try the experiment a few times with leaving it on at night and found it to
indeed keep us from a sound sleep.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

A proper scientific experiment, conducted to test a hypothesis and yield results from which you can draw a sound conclusion, is completely different from just growing plants or farming (or inventing the wheel). I don't think you understand the concept of a scientific experiment, despite having it explained to you over and over. I'm very familiar with how to grow plants, and already have some growing in my apartment - the problem with doing this experiment properly is being able to control all of the variables except the one you are testing (in this case, proximity to Wi-Fi). I could replicate, to the best of my abilities, exactly what these 9th-graders did, but what you're missing is that it wouldn't constitute proof that Wi-Fi is dangerous or stunts plant growth.

If I came back after two weeks and showed you a single picture of a sparsely-covered plate of unhealthy-looking cress sprouts marked "away from Wi-Fi" and a densely-covered plate of healthy-looking cress sprouts marked "near Wi-Fi," would my "proof" convince you that Wi-Fi is not, in fact, dangerous, or that it even helps plants grow? It shouldn't...nor should the original experiment convince you that Wi-Fi is dangerous.

The world does have people like me. They are called scientists. You may not have noticed, but nowhere did I assert that I believe Wi-Fi is or is not ultimately dangerous or that it causes cancer in humans. You're acting like I have vehemently denied this point, supposedly to protect my (nonexistent) cronies who control the evil global Wi-Fi industry or something. I merely brought up the serious flaws that exist in the 9th-graders' experiment and pointed out that, because of these flaws, you cannot take their results as "proof" of anything. You can use their experiment as a starting point for further research, and I have no objection to doing so. I would very much like to see the results of a properly-conducted experiment that measures the effect of proximity to Wi-Fi on the growth of cress sprouts. Do you want to fund it?

I do live in, and love, the real world. It seems that you are the one living in a fantasy world, as you have - without knowing any personal information about me - concocted a ludicrously off-base story about me being some sort of evil corporate shill who has a stake in "industry profits," "rub[s] shoulders with billionaires," believes themselves to be "magically invincible" to cancer, has "greedy corporate pals," is just like a James Bond villain's henchman, etc.

By the way, if you really are just trolling here (a possibility I'm still holding out hope of), congratulations - you've been very convincing.
edit on 12/16/2013 by opopanax because: Grammar

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join