It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union seeks $10,000 for child rapist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The title is what it is, and it is accurate to the story. I wish it were sensationalized or somehow making mountains out of molehills, but it's not and I'm not. First, a refresher. This story has been seen here before, at an earlier stage in the process. It outraged me then, too, as it did many others.

Family Violently Targeted After Standing Against Teacher Who Molested Their 8th Grade Son

The basic story of what led to this point is simple and this man is a convicted child rapist, so I'm not even going to play at mincing words about what level of pond scum the conviction places him among. The lowest, of the lowest...of the worst, in my view.

Even a 'run of the mill' child molester (If there IS such a thing) gets a half a rung higher than this human predator. Why? "Chester The Molester" isn't raping a captive child for THREE YEARS as a figure of absolute authority over them, in their school. This one did.......but that isn't the worst part now.

Now someone figures he should be paid.

What he did:

Neal Erickson, a former math teacher at Rose City Middle School, was convicted this summer of raping a young student over three years, from 2006 to 2009, and sentenced to 15-30 years in prison.

Where the money came into this:

On March 26, 2013 WB-RC officials offered a $10,000 buyout for any qualifying teacher who left the school district that year, an incentive superintendent Dan Cwayna said the district had used in the past to encourage needed staff reductions.

While its not clear when Erickson’s employment was terminated, the union’s action suggests he was still on the payroll when the buyout was offered and accepted it.

The school district declined to pay him the money, prompting the union’s action.

I kid you not..and oh how I wish I could. It's no secret I don't much care for Unions of any sort. However, ANY Union actively taking on the support of a child rapist has MAJOR problems and I'd look to every individual member of that Union to ask.......so....How do you feel about your dues going to help this man?

I'd also note, the REASON he would have "separated" that year had squat to do with any buyout. That would have been a snarky little bonus to this guy. He lost his job for raping a little grade school child for years, over and over and over again. THAT is what got his tail canned like a sardine.

...and that is what isn't supposed to matter.

Last, but ABSOLUTELY never least, the comment from the family and I think it about sums up the whole matter here.

The Family Opinion:

Janczewski said he’s now committed to doing anything he can to prevent Erickson from receiving the special severance.

“We as a family in no way is going to let this happen. I mean, a child molester paid to molest a student?” Janczewski said. “He doesn’t deserve it.”
Source

It should be noted on this story, especially in light of the heat the District got in an earlier thread, the School District did NOT do this. In fact, the Superintendent there is who personally red lined this payment and stopped it from being made. The Union and the Union alone, by how this reads, is who is pushing for the rights of a child rapist.

As the family said...A rapist shouldn't be paid for having been a rapist. A teacher deserved the severance. A rapist deserves the prison cell this one has gotten..and I do hope every night is like a year for him in there. Every one of them.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Its a mad world we live in.. In finland, child & woman rapist dont get most often even prison sentences, their identity will be hidden for 50 years or something and maybe they have to pay some money to victims and thats that.

Now there is law that any job that have childrens around do not need to check new employers criminal records for child rapist etc.

I have read and study little bit around the world how we came to this situation and how bad it really is and im quite socked, its really bad all around the world and our law makers just keep making it more easier to them.

LE: Just read a case that man raped 1 year old child in finland till child turned 3 years old, then her mother realized how child talk sexual things and doctor sayd her organs were physically damaged... Guess what he got in law, 12thousand euro sentence, not prison nothing more and hes identity is hidden for 50years somthing for hes savety. So nobody else aint save from him tho..... I kinda start to hate this world
edit on 13-12-2013 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It is a terrible situation and by no means am I defending the rapist but....

Lets say before all this came to light that he did sign papers saying he would take the 10,000 buyout.

Now he gets busted and taken to court. Do you think he had an attorney? and should the attorney get paid for defending a child rapist?

You probably say well sure the attorney should be paid, thats his job. Well thats the union reps job also. Not defending the guy but at least saying he should get the money (if papers were signed to that affect)

I'm sure they despise him as much as you and I but just like the defense attorney they have a job.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I don't know that they despise him as much as we do, and that's actually part of why I brought this story over. I recalled from the previous story on ATS which I linked in the OP, how the family had been harassed and threatened for not dropping it, while some fellow teachers openly supported the guy after conviction while speaking out against the harsh sentencing. You can see my comments on the other thread I believe and I don't recall them being real nice about that.

I'm viciously pro-law and punishment when it comes to sexual offenses against anyone, and it's a step beyond for young children. The true innocents and helpless... So, I'll say I'd understand a defense attorney. They defend everyone and they make peace with it by defending the right of due process, when the client stinks so bad, even they can't hold their nose enough.

This, I don't quite get the motives for, especially when I can see by the story, many others also don't understand and they're directly party to the situation. So something doesn't sound entirely right, before looking at the history of the case.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor correction

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think I'm more appalled at the teachers that stuck up for him even after he pled guilty.

The union thing is probably more of a formality. Just like the defense atty they have to do their job.

It does sound bad and really brings out the union haters. I dont know about you but I think most dont have any experience with any union and think all are the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

You have a point there and I should note that while I don't care for Unions, as I mentioned in the OP....Not all are created equal by any means and some folks swear by them for doing them right. I probably wouldn't have looked at it quite the same way, had the history not also been here to frame it for context.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What a despicable story! In NO way should that man receive a dime of that money. And shame on that union. If it is just a formality, trust me, they can find something in their bylaws to have it NOT happen, if they choose to.

And yes, I do have issues with most unions. Only due to very bad personal experiences, and wonderfully horrible stories directly from a union rep.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The union should give that money instead to a Child abuse support charity.

new topics

top topics

join