It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor declares that 'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
True, none of us saw Jesus and many don’t believe he existed, since there are few secular mentions of him…the Josephus incident but that’s about it.

This issue is about people who dogmatically claim Jesus was white.

Notwithstanding the reality that any culture would make the great teacher a semblance of their own race, it does stand to reason that beyond that ethnocentric habit, the reality is that Jesus was born in a historical context where the racial lineage of his people was not European or white.

So for some bimbo to go around sprouting falsehoods based on racial and chauvinistic authority and not logical and historical facts should be called out.

Now does anyone doubt that Alexander was European white? No!

Because we know historically that his people were white.
None of us saw Alexander. So all we have to do is go by the most likely reality that he was the same racial stock of his people.

The same thing applies to Jesus.

He was born amongst people known as Hebraic and Semitic Jews.

History tells us that these people WERE NOT WHITE Europeans

They were swarthy Asiatics with a dark colored countenance.

Therefore we can conclude reasonably that Jesus looked like those people not a northern European hippie from Germany

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
olive

People should take note though. Colors can be light medium or dark.
I don't give a crap either way. This is a stupid subject to argue about imo.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you want to be pedantic white people were more indigenous to northern Europe. She never said Caucasian and she said verifiable which in historical terms is absurd.

I refrained from discussing this thread until I had a beer due to religious beliefs or a lack of.. I do however believe in Santa.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

You are right nowhere the bible mention "exactly" how Jesus looked like, but it does mention how "the Messiah looked like", I am surprised that people with religious background in this thread has not posted this bible quote yet.

American Standard Version
For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. Isaiah 53:2

That out to take away the so call references to an Angelic type looks with Celestials attributions.

If you ran into Jesus today, you would most likely see a very small, black little guy with rugged looks, a muscular posture, dark, curly hair and a large nose.

The bible doesn’t contain any description of Jesus. But we do know that the image we have of Jesus today, was only created many hundreds of years later, in the Middle Ages.

In those days, artists began picturing Jesus as a typical saint, with handsome, European looks and an angelic appearance. This is basically how we still picture Jesus today – from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ to Mel Gibson’s ‘The Passion of The Christ’!

But in the meantime, historians and other scientists agree that the real Jesus must have looked very different. First, we know for sure that Jesus didn’t have long hair. The New Testament explicitly calls it ‘a disgrace’ if a man had long hair (Cor 11:14).

Also, it’s almost certain that Jesus wasn’t tall and white. After all, he wasn’t an Anglo-Saxon, but a carpenter’s son from the Middle East.

Now this what I call some facts that can not be denied.

Medical examiners have put this to the test. In 2002, researchers from the University of Manchester used skulls from first century Palestine, historical texts and facial reconstruction software to reconstruct what an average man in those days must have looked like.

They came up with a broad face with short, curly hair, a prominent nose and a dark skin. An average peasant from those days would have been 5 foot and 1 inch tall (1,55 meter).

If the bible is accurate, Jesus also must have had hardened, muscular looks, because he worked as a construction worker with Joseph in Nazareth until he was about 30 years old. In those days, this meant: intense, outdoor physical labour with primitive tools, saws, hammers, chunks of wood and stones.

There goes the frail, skinny Jesus we see in catholic churches!

Another clue is that in the gospels, Jesus’ looks don’t stand out. If the bible is correct, he must have looked like any other guy. When he was arrested, Judas Icariot had to point him out with a kiss (in Matt 26:48). According to the gospel of John, Jesus had to tell the Romans who he was (John 18:3-9).

No wonder the church tried to hide the true looks of Jesus

But there is also some evidence that Jesus was noticeably ugly. In Byzantine citations of a now lost text of the Roman historian Josephus Flavius, Jesus is said to have been three cubits tall (that’s three human underarms tall – almost a midget!), crooked and dark-skinned.

In fact, the texts explicitly describe Jesus as being very ugly. He was almost completely bold, had a long nose and eyebrows that touched each other. Jesus looked much older than he really was, the Byzantine texts read.

Among the first christians, it was a well-known fact that Christ wasn’t exactly Mr. Handsome. Around the year 200 AD, the church father Tertullian strongly opposed the notion that Jesus looked angelic. Instead, Tertullian called Jesus a ‘puerulus’: that’s Latin for ‘wretched little fellow’.

But we must add: we can’t be sure how accurate this is. After all, Tertullian lived two centuries after Jesus, and his goal may have been to picture Jesus as a frail and ordinary human being, instead of a heavenly creature.

The heavenly creature we know today as the Son of God is nothing but a fiction created to distance Jesus from the common men, Ancient people during the time of Jesus didn't not look at all like we do today, we are now a more ethnic blended population

www.exitmundi.nl...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Great post Marg6043

To all

What we all must recognize though is that the Messiah Jesus whatever he looked like on the outside

His original teachings, far from the church Christianity of today or yesteryear, was a message of unity, love, and peace and compassion for the poor and needy

It's inside that counts

A message that needs to be given to all on this holiday season

To all I extend peace and blessings and love this holiday season

From a non Christian

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
3 Bibles at my house are used everyday depending upon whilch chair has the shortest leg.
Have no faith in the word of man, they wrote the Bible as they saw fit to.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Fox hosts, present and past and guests are a 'special' kind of stupid..... as evidenced by this....

"Halloween is a liberal holiday because we're teaching our children to beg for something for free. … We're teaching kids to knock on other people's doors and ask for a handout." —Fox News host Sean Hannity (October 31, 2007)

"I went to the movie this weekend with a gun. And surprise, surprise, I didn't kill anybody!" --Glenn Beck

....and from the voice of crazy, right-wing christians - Bill O'Reilly really loves having her on his show...

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted."

"I'm a Christian first, and a mean-spirited, bigoted conservative second, and don't you ever forget it."
Ann Coulter

edit on 13-12-2013 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

facelift

Fox News anchor declares that 'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

Funny how many people get worked up over skin color - especially considering we are talking about two fictitious characters.

I was waiting for it... and bam!

You are the winner of a star!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Has the planet earth drifted into the beer nebula? Seriously...

I thought this was the 21st century. The fact we are debating this... we should all be ashamed of ourselves. Skin color? Really? Can we just get past it already?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I am a none Christian also, I love to research on ancient accounts of history, as I get fascinated by those accounts compare to what years of misinterpretation and believes have changed history.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Nephalim
olive

People should take note though. Colors can be light medium or dark.
I don't give a crap either way. This is a stupid subject to argue about imo.

yeah, wait till we get into fender or gibson!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Would you argue against this logic; as it seems to back up here claim....

Why is Santa Claus So Damned Racist

In this, the author exhibits exactly what the anchor proclaims.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You and her know verifiable for sure Jesus was white? Did she not say white instead of caucasian?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Christmas is all about marketing these days. So Jesus and Santa should look like whatever demographic you are trying to appeal to. I'm not saying I approve of this but it is what it is.
edit on 14-12-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Lol these people need a life, they have really missed the
boat on entertainment, i mean why not do what normal
trolls on the net do and just make memes and goofy Gifs.

Every time i see these people i just think: Dance court
jester, dance! lol

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I can't believe people have made more stink over this then they did over the Martin Bashir incident.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

I know, he didn't need to resign...freedom of speech, he was also right.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Santa was a myth from the Norse pagans and the Germanic Pagans, and the British pagans, and the Dutch pagans, and all that pagan goodness got rolled into one character celebrated at Yule that won't die.

Why are Christians even worried about him? I mean, really?
Santa was derived from myths that are all Northern European, and as such, he's gonna be white. He probably has blue eyes too. *NORDIC*

Everyone can have their heritiage and culture, fine, What about pagans?
It's not bad enough that Christians claim Santa as somehow their own, but now people out there want to make him move?

Come on, WTH, that ain't fair.

Jesus, I don't care. He can be blue with polka dots for all I care, but if the myth is really honored, he's got to be Middle eastern, brown, with black hair and brown eyes.

Next hobbits are going to look like supermodels and wear glass slippers.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Interesting feedback from CNN over this....and they are NOT slamming her

Call Jesus (or Santa) white? Expect a big fight

Arguing about St. Nick, who was originally Greek before Currier & Ives got their hands on him, is one thing. But as for Jesus, people have been arguing about his skin color since the earliest days of American history. You might even call it an American tradition.

It seems that now, if you want to call Christ — or even Santa — white, you should expect a fierce fight.

The immediate and widespread rebuttal showcases how much America has changed over the past few decades. The nation not only has a black president, but also has refused to endorse the Christian savior as white.

Since the earliest days of America, Jesus was thought of as a white man.

When white Protestant missionaries brought Bibles and whitened images of Jesus to Native Americans, at least a few mocked what they saw.

They even brought up MLK

Even Martin Luther King Jr. claimed that Jesus was white, after being asked why God created Jesus as a white man.

King responded that the color of Christ’s skin didn’t matter. Jesus would have been just as important “if His skin had been black.” He “is no less significant because His skin was white.”

"In our age, the color of Christ has become both politically dangerous and the butt of jokes.

In 2008, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s words “God damn America” and “Jesus was a poor black boy” almost derailed then-Sen. Barack Obama from winning the Democratic primary."

People over all have forgotten the true meaning of Jesus and what He represents and instead now quibble over the color of His skin.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

people who wish to argue over the ethnicity of the aledged " jesus " should really read the bible

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join