It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News anchor declares that 'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Fox News host Megyn Kelly caused controversy last night as she confidently declared that not only is Santa Claus white but Jesus Christ is too.

Despite logic dictating that a man born in the Middle East more than 2,000 years ago would at the very least have been olive-skinned - Kelly announced her asertion that Jesus was white to be fact and 'verifiable'.

While no physical descriptions of Jesus definitively exist, Kelly made her absurd statement during Wednesday's edition of The Kelly File as she discussed a Slate article that suggested a more inclusive Santa for the tens of millions of Americans who are not white. Kelly said when she saw the piece by Aisha Harris titled, 'Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore' she laughed.

'Oh this is so ridiculous,' she said, 'Yet another person claiming it's racist to have a white Santa. You know?'
'And by the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white,' she added, 'but this person is just arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa.'

In her complex piece, Harris writes that as she grew up she became disappointed that a black Santa her family invented for themselves 'wasn't the real thing'.
Hitting back, Kelly pulled no punches.
'But just because it makes you feel uncomfortable,' Kelly said Wednesday, 'doesn’t mean it has to change. Jesus was a white man, too.'

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-12-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/12/13 by JAK because: Youtube bbcode

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I don't believe this…

She must have said "essentially". I've never heard her use the word "verifiably."
edit on 13-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Who really cares ? and why would an iconaclast think any different at this stage of the game ? thanks Fox News and if not Fox thanks Megan Kelly for bringing something completely irrelevant to the news as usual.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Not as shocking as when they find out God is really black and The Easter Bunny's a presbyterian.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I guess that explains why when I go shopping at Christmas the black Jesus' and black Santas are the only decorations left....

You would think that news anchors would learn quicker than most which topics they shouldn't EVER discuss or come within a 1,000 mile radius of (as per personal views). She certainly stepped in it and other media outlets will not let this well run dry for at least a few days.

On a side note -

I like to picture my Jesus with giant eagles wings singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk.

edit on 12/13/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

And this person is allowed out on her own?

There are not words to describe how much of an idiot you would have to be, to believe that Jesus, in the flesh, as anything other than a typical product of the region from which he came! Massive, terminal failocity fail.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Wow... Really? This is what FOX Hires and calls a Journalist? I had thought she had an education of some level beyond grade school. I could have sworn I'd heard mention at some point of a professional background to her.

So she's so profoundly ignorant as to believe Jesus Christ was caucasian, given the pure biological realities of race and pigment for populations in that region and time? I mean..this isn't advanced knowledge. It's friggin basic 101 (literally) history here....and she has to pop off with something not only so uninformed, I'm stunned...but racially charged enough to make her come off as a bigot as well?

Oh .. Wow... I really DO recall when Fox was a quality news organization. CNN too, for that matter. The 90's, I'd say...for when that was really true in a general way. Now? Bubble headed bimbos....and I mean intellectually. Almost every single one Fox has. They hire visual appeal ..with the ability to form independent and intelligent thought a DISTANT second, obviously.

Jesus was a white man, eh? She's sure of that..is she? I really DO hope, some day, she gets asked directly..by the Him she refers to...just what made her think she knew this enough to declare on a world broadcast?
edit on 13-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

phinubian
reply to post by Horus12

Who really cares ? and why would an iconaclast think any different at this stage of the game ? thanks Fox News and if not Fox thanks Megan Kelly for bringing something completely irrelevant to the news as usual.

Her bringing it up is no more completely irrelevant than it is for people to be talking about it.

If we look at history, we see Jesus and Santa as white. Are they?

Since one is a myth and the other is Santa... j/k

Who cares.. People are free to believe what they want.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Xcathdra

phinubian
reply to post by Horus12

Her bringing it up is no more completely irrelevant than it is for people to be talking about it.

If we look at history, we see Jesus and Santa as white. Are they?

Since one is a myth and the other is Santa... j/k

Who cares.. People are free to believe what they want.

It is a total non news story but it tickled me a little bit. On a serious note America needs to take back its media.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
And yet another Episode in the show "Whining Liberals vs. Ignorant Conservatives".

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
While declaring that Jesus was white is daft - as said in the OP, he would have been "olive" at least - Santa is most definitely a White man.

Why?

The story originates in Northern Europe, specifically the Germanic/Scandinavian regions at a time when anyone of colour was few and far between.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Okay, I'm not even gonna go there as far as Jesus is concerned

However, never have I seen a black Santa....sorry
[Mall Santa's that is]
Not in any commercial either......................................Yet

Leave my Santa alone

And MK should have known better than to cross that line
She'll be regretting it tomorrow, to be sure

edit on 13-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
She seems to have lost sight of what the word "verifiably" means, just as some people misuse "literally".
For the record, St. Nicholas was Greek, at least in culture.
Doesn't the Dutch version go accompanied by a "Black Peter"?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Funny how many people get worked up over skin color - especially considering we are talking about two fictitious characters.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Is there a way to ask this person to verify this,? I want to know if they've actually met them in person, now that would be a worthy news story

edit on 13-12-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I liked the other lady who said lets make FATHER CHRISTMAS into a Penguin...Father Pingu..I like it

Oh and I have seen that woman before make stupid statements like that.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
since Jesus and Santa are both fiction then yeh they can be white.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Jesus was a white man, eh? She's sure of that..is she?

Just got through watching the movie "Stigmata" and in there a person questioned Jesus on the crucifix and why it depicts the stakes through the hands instead of the wrist, which is what experts have come to know would be the proper way to hold all the body weight up.
Any way, the priest told her that through time, Man has depicted Jesus as they see him through their eyes.

Technically yes, he would be of olive skin being as he's from that part of the region.
But many have been led or brainwashed, so to speak, over the many, many years to believe all the images of Him as being more white.

Excellent movie BTW.....does make one wonder about the true nature of the Vatican and the hold it has over people A.K.A -- Power-- and the true meaning of God
Would love to know what secrets they have hid in the vault

edit on 13-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Oh, you and me both on the Vatican Archives. There are two places in the world that if I could go in with 100% full access and no restrictions to just go fishing in whatever direction my interest took me? I wouldn't even care if I could ever breathe a word of what I saw again. CIA Archives and the Vatican Archives. CIA because they have the other side of basically all the history I've lived through and what came right before it. The Vatican because..well... They have everything else. lol.... Given they've been paying treasure and taking outright, however it had to be, to collect everything of archive material going all the way back. Imagine..all the Churches, in all the locations ..for all that time..collecting and sending back to Rome like Conquistadors over centuries for ability to amass.

In terms of Jesus..If Megan Kelly had any depth of knowledge..just basic geography and history with an ability to mentally cross reference...she'd know white is movies, not reality.. Not then, to be sure. Not there.

I'd be embarrassed if I were her....and in the context of race added to it? Ashamed may be a better term?

CX

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
People should know by now to only watch Fox News for entertainment at the very most. Nothing factual will come from turning on that channel.

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join