It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's Death Ray: Now A Reality?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

BTW,

Although I think Linda has a fair amount of integrity and is a mostly honorable researcher and journalist . . .

I would not be at all surprised to discover one day that the PTB had been using her with or without her knowledge . . . using her extensively . . . in whatever clever ways to whatever ends.

I know she's gotten in some purported trouble over the years and has occasionally had to pull some things off her site on the demand of the PTB under serious threat.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

We don't disagree. However, there are two (out)sides, an edge, and an inside to every coin. The whole must be considered ... and it is often not ... where national security interests MUST be protected.

9. One of my friends 40 years ago . . . who worked at a certain California hotbed of such . . . . noted that we had AT LEAST 11 DIFFERENT weapons systems that each one of which were much worse than nukes. That's all he'd say. I believed him then and believe him now. And God only knows the "progress" since then.

If your friend let the cat out of the bag, someone would have to develop something more awful as a counter-threat. Don't you get tired of threats? I've stopped looking for the new ones. It's interesting to see the ones I saw in development reaching the shelves ... and that's it ... interesting. I wish somebody would stop opening Pandora's Box finally.

Specific to the journalist ... yes, We agree again. Her integrity has been proven frighteningly-without-question on certain subject matter areas. She's been in the business long enough to know better. She either lacks the intelligence to know what to keep her mouth shut about, or her ego is bigger than your need for world peace. If we met ... I would not shake her hand.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Good points, imho.

I think Linda is not fond of TPTB . . . and probably considers her judgment better than theirs--and better for the USA and for the world, than theirs.

That could be egotistical, for sure.

Or, it could be realistic.

I wouldn't trust her about everything.

I'd certainly trust her more than the PTB. LOL.

She's an interesting person to chat with face to face.

I think she handle's fools better than . . . well . . . more charitably than Stanton Friedman does face to face. But that's not saying a lot. LOL.

It may be that she thinks that anything she shares from whatever whistleblowers . . . and gets away with sharing . . . must not be very critical.

She's certainly had enough disturbing threatening calls demanding she pull stuff off her site to know that she can depend on them to do that whenever they wish.

I think she's also a bit of an aging peacenik, new-age hippy . . . doing "her part" to expose the . . . "warmongering military-industrial complex" Ike spoke of being wary of.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

A few questions if you can answer: Has this made it past the lab? Thorium isotope or BEC's? Are the mil. application interests in quantum information or something more physical?
Feel free to U2U me if you don't want to post here.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Such questions you ask. I can't u2u on the phone. I can read 'em but can't write 'em.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Tom, you should just start a u2u monthly newsletter to keep us nosy interlopers satiated

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I think a lot of these "new" systems are in fact really quite old systems that they are drip feeding to the public. If you had really new weapons systems, why would go and show your enemy?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

Perhaps an anonymous blog

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yes, the world is tired of these PhysWar threats. That is why the military should try implementing MindWar, as recommended by Michael Aquino. This constant weapons manufacturing seems to be an addiction and endless cycle just as much as our civilization's addiction to oil. Oil and war.

Can we ever make it past that?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by Bedlam

A few questions if you can answer: Has this made it past the lab? Thorium isotope or BEC's? Are the mil. application interests in quantum information or something more physical?
Feel free to U2U me if you don't want to post here.

Well, there's Th229, it's got a nuclear isomeric transition that makes for a nice stable clock source.

As far as BECs go, well, there are a LOT of projects going on with Fermi gases and BECs that your tax dollars are paying for. Some of that is basic research, some is for unusual things we've discussed, it's also useful in situations where you need really slow C rates. Which comes up now and then. A lot of fun with some equations for stuff where you can diddle C.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

corsair00
reply to post by Snarl

Can we ever make it past that?

I don't know. It's been going on for thousands of years and has served us well. The science behind it has reached a level that cannot be stopped by the general population. IMVHO we're already a couple of steps too far.

As for MindWar ... I want to admit up front that I don't understand it. I started to look at it and it scared me. The presenter scares me.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Aquino's boys, that satanist guy.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Mostly the chems and bio in our food,water and medicine.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Man... that's an interesting looking truck, innit?

But that lens looks awfully fragile, donnit?

Edit to add:

Also, just a FYI... but Teslas "Death Ray" was a particle beam, not a laser.

Semantics, splitting hairs, yaddayaddayadda.
edit on E2Tue, 31 Dec 2013 03:07:51 -060030America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by ENrgLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sorry if this is drifting a little, but do you know if Emmanuel Tennenbaum's work on quantum interference has or is going anywhere?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by Bedlam

Sorry if this is drifting a little, but do you know if Emmanuel Tennenbaum's work on quantum interference has or is going anywhere?

I'll ask around.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I certainly think war is an inherent part of humanity. Like you say, it always has been. But coupled with an exponential acceleration of technological complexity makes it that much more interesting and dangerous. But then again, with 7 billion people on the planet, there needs to be situations in place to potentially cull this overpopulation.

It would be nice to think we could somehow channel the same amount of money and R&D effort that goes into the war machinery into something like a space industry. The possibility of BioDomes on Mars or the Moon or spaceships that are also BioDomes. That kind of thing. A transformation of the War Industry into a Space Industry. Perhaps that is too idealistic - right now.

Aquino could be scary. I actually like him. Perhaps I have been persuaded by his charm and wit here on ATS. But much of the MindWar stuff actually goes over my head, and I have yet to really go over his thesis thoroughly and dissect the true implications of what he is saying.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
A laser like that mounted on a dedicated satellite would work really well against other satellites of all kinds because there's either very little atmosphere or no atmosphere at all to disperse the beam for example if it was fired at the ISS at full power it'd likely breach the station's hull/shell.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

So what else can you do with Th 229 other than a clock?

Lets see, it has a remarkably low metastable transition which can be optically manipulated in UV, 163 nm, and a lifetime of 10^3 to 10^4 s.

phys.org...

Supposedly can store a whole lot of energy. Suppose it were deposited on a little hohlraum?

edit on 2-1-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

mbkennel
reply to post by Bedlam

Supposedly can store a whole lot of energy. Suppose it were deposited on a little hohlraum?

Gamma ray and x-ray lasers are always a blast. But you never know, the DOD's official position is that nuclear isomeric energy storage and release are ...interesting. Whether it's a population inversion or longer metastable storage of a bunch of energy for releasing all at once later.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join