It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 questions involving eternity.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
1. Do we all have a so-called soul mate that will accompany us through eternity, with some necessary gaps?
2. Will we continue to change as we continue through eternity>
3. Does eternity actually exist?
4. Was there a time when each of us did not exist, and if so how did we begin to exist?
5. Do you welcome eternity with open arms?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

droid56
1. Do we all have a so-called soul mate that will accompany us through eternity, with some necessary gaps?
4. Was there a time when each of us did not exist, and if so how did we begin to exist?

Doubtful. Although everything is is connected in some way. Or at least attracted to each other. And not attracted as in a romantic attraction that is. Some things come together for awhile. And they end up splitting up eventually. Then they then regroup with other things. Such as how a star builds up, and then dies, scattering it's elements, atoms, dust, etc. only to carry out the same process in some further time.

Yes to some extent. An obvious way that is achieved is our bodies eventually decompose once we die. The elements or atoms of our bodies may become gas, liquid, or more physical substances that may go on and become something such as fertilizer. Though, I grow wary of the concept of a "soul." The type of transformation where you somehow join in a state of the supernatural.

Yes I can say I personally believe in eternity. Though not an eternity where you are with a deity up in the clouds strumming on a harp. Not to mention being a inferior second class citizen for eternity. Not very logical and appealing if you ask me. And seems to be a bit more of wishful thinking to be in some sort of eternal bliss. But, I think our universe has basically always been here. I believe that it has "died" and then was reborn eventually. It simply goes through cycles.

Well, yeah. As for us as humans it's clear we weren't human at one time. The compounds and elements that ended up being fed to us from our mothers definitely were around before us. Everything has been around to some extent. Some things just fuse, or even evolve into something else. And eventually they will be broken down and become new. And i suppose you could say that it has a different existence or function from then out, at least for some time.

Sure, why not. It's not like I have any other choice, lol. It looks like I'll be stuck here in this universe forever, at least physically. Metaphysically? Who knows. It would be hard to embrace it, since you have no idea what that may be. All you could do is hope. If that were the case at least.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I love this stuff

1. I like to think we do.. That my wife will follow me to heaven and remain by my side, but the bible is not definitive on this

2. No.. Once we are in Heaven we will have donned the robes we will wear for eternity

3. YES.. Everyone may not believe now, but all will one day.. (To the detriment of some)

4. Yes.. God created us

5. YES YES YES.. I look forward to meeting Jesus and having all my questions answered

Thank you for this thread

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

droid56

1. I think the people around us have always been around us.

2. I hope so

3. We can't prove we exist.

4. not sure

5. not sure

I would like to add 2 questions:

6. What would you do for a eternity?

7. Would you want to live for a eternity?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

droid56

1. eternity is worthless without having people with you , so yes and you get to chose and that's the beauty of it.
2. we will be at the best age and will never change and will never age .
3. i believe so .
4. i think as a soul we did exist but without a body and a personality .
5. of course i do welcome eternity otherwise there wouldn't be any point of us being here in the first place.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

droid56

1. What is appearing to exist is the beloved.
2. The appearance that is being seen will constantly change (eternally) but what you are never changes.
3. It is eternally now - now both appears to exist and doesn't appear to exist - now is existence and non existence - it is eternally this.
5. No one can welcome eternity - eternity IS alone.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

droid56

1. I believe we have a soul Family, and a Greater Soul Family, All Consciousness that is Good and Love, but that all becomes this in the end. And True Love forever. Not human understanding. Nothing like our lower primitive mind concepts.

2. We are infinite parts of infinity, much akin to infinite Fractals, equal in endless volume to the other fractals from which we come, who none the less are ahead in Infinite Progression, yet paradoxically, its all now, so we're all there infinitely, a Loving and Equal Family.

3. The platform for all is infinity. Infinite something, person, place and thing, infinite variety.

4. We are akin to seeds from great Trees. Analogy, if you were to pluck a tiny portion of your infinite consciousness and send it forth, it would exist infinitely in all directions. There is no time, so in non local endlessness, the infinite endless volume of that consicousness would equal your own.

5. Welcome this and infinite progression? Its the most wonderful mind boggling joyful adventure imagineable minus the hell zone places where people can be harmed like this. Though its temporal.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

droid56

1- it is my understanding we have trillions of soul mates, since we are all from the same source. do we have fellow spirits who we congregate with more often than others, yes we do, just as we do while in our current lives.

2- of course we continue to change as anything else would be quite boring don't you think? think evolution, as above as below, as within as without, change is a constant everywhere.

3- time is only evident and created in our current 3d realm, so there is no clock and therefore no eternity to speak of.

4- of course there was a time, before the One created us.

5- i welcome whatever the Creator has in store for me, mythological eternity or not.

i enjoy threads like this, just wish we had more of them and that the trolls were kept at bay more often.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Text1. Do we all have a so-called soul mate that will accompany us through eternity, with some necessary gaps? 2. Will we continue to change as we continue through eternity> 3. Does eternity actually exist? 4. Was there a time when each of us did not exist, and if so how did we begin to exist? 5. Do you welcome eternity with open arms?
reply to post by droid56

1. I don't think that we do. The bible says that we shall be as the angels and that leads me to believe that we shall love all of the trillions of people without any preferences. I have an ex wife gadding about in New Jerusalem today but once I see her again i believe the possessiveness of her being my wife will not be the same. New Jerusalem is 1500 miles squared and that is just the city alone. That is a lot of area to cover and a lot of souls to visit.
2. I believe that we will always learn even in the New Jerusalem and as we learn and grow in wisdom that our glory (substance) will also grow or change. In other words there will always be free will and a merit system with God.
3. I believe that eternity does exist in the manner in which the apostle John and Isaiah have described.
4. Yes there was a time when each of us did not exist. Each of us were brought into existence at conception and birth. Each of us became a living terrestrial entity as the breath of life was breathed into our souls. This breath of life was given at the moment of conception as well as birth. It is not the breath of air but the breath of life that confuses people.
5. Yes I do even though I am afraid of the unknown. I believe that it is an instant of passing into the spiritual realm. I do not believe in soul sleeping as so many do today. I do not believe that the spirit ever loses consciousness.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

droid56

Absolutely. About a week after my wife died, I was completely falling apart, and I felt a pressure on my chest, as if there was a hand there, which reflected on an experience that had taken place shortly after we met, and I felt (rather than heard) her voice say "We are soul mates and we will never be apart." That was a huge consolation, and I know that it was a direct reassurance that we will be together forever.

I'd like to think so. I hope that heaven is the place that we continue on with our adventures, our learning and our growth as spiritual beings, unencumbered by physicality. How cool would it be if you could explore anywhere in the universe, on a whim? No spaceships, no danger, no need to spend thousands of years traveling, just completely free. I was reading the other day about geysers on Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, that blast water as high as Mt. Everest. I want to see that, and everything else! That would be my definition of heaven.

Eternity just means that you are outside of time and physical space, so things need never come to an end, as they do here.

As a Christian, yes, I believe that there was a time my soul, my essence, did not exist, and it was created by God when my physical body was conceived and it needed a soul.

Absolutely!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

droid56

Let me preface this with saying my answers are from the information contained in the Urantia Book. Here is a link to the book. (www.urantia.org...)

1. The potential is there. If you don't have someone like that there are guides provided to all to help on your journey to eternity. (www.urantia.org...-jump-result-0)

2. I would call it growth or progression, but that is a form of change. There is a vast gulf between human and the divine. We have a lot to learn before we could stand in the presence of God. (www.urantia.org...-jump-result-0)

3. Yes. In the Urantia Book they describe it as the circle of eternity, but the mortal mind can't really comprehend eternity. (www.urantia.org...-jump-result-0)

4. Yes, we are all newly created beings who did not have previous existence. Personality, that attribute that is you and not another, is directly bestowed by God. (www.urantia.org...-jump-result-0)

5. Yes, I think for those who chose to survive (everyone is given a choice) the path is a long one, but the reward will be worth it. (www.urantia.org...)
edit on 13-12-2013 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

droid56

1. Not in the sense we perceive in physical life. All mankind has a spirit essence created in them which allows them to think, create, remember and learn, it is your MIND. It is what allows mankind to be a free moral agent in life (able to think on our own, and make decisions). We were created physical so we can learn over time to change our MIND from carnal to spiritual; from selfish to selfless. When you enter into fellowship with Almighty God, he can place His spirit essence (Holy Spirit) in the MIND of His "called out one" (gk. ecclesia). Over time the begotten child of God, once baptized and had the "laying on of hands" performed by a true minister of God, learns to "think differently" (gk. repent) through the power of God's spirit essence dwelling in the MIND of the disciple. God has a plan to create His nature/character/way of thinking in His family (Elohim) through physical mankind into eternity. For most of mankind this present age/life is NOT that time. God uses family to teach His way of thinking in physical life, while physical you have a mate which helps you learn to think like God. After death, the purpose of that union is no longer needed; as the MIND is dead until a future moment when Almighty God brings all mankind back to physical life a second time (The Great White Thrown). At that time God will create His mind in you by the power of His Holy Spirit over a second lifetime, after you have a lifetime of experience mastering "your way of thinking" in this present age/life, you will be given the perfect contrast in the next life; so in the end all will know (prove to ourselves) that "my way" leads to death and "God's way" leads to life eternal. By literal definition God is our "sole mate", though He uses our physical mate (spouse) during this age to help mold His character in us.

2. Yes. We will eventually be in a state of immortality after God's perfect plan for the salvation of all mankind in completed (after the Great White Thrown age). We will dwell in God and God in us forever, or we will cease to exist (Ghenna), but in that eternal relationship, Elohim (mankind perfected over time made in the image of God) will continuously receive more and more understanding forever. Our learning will never end, as the limit to God's knowledge is without end. God wishes to share all things with His family for eternity, never ending.

3. Time is physical and only exists in the physical realm, the spiritual realm (of which mankind will enter into after God's plan is complete over time) would not be subject to time, so the answer to this question is yes and no. Life eternal exists, but physical life eternal does not (all things end in the physical realm).

4. Yes. Before you were born from your parents you did not exist, you began to exist because God created you physically through the union of man and women through the physical mechanism of intercourse. However, God knew of your purpose and planned for your creating to the very second before the beginning of time (physical realm). The very act of creating the physical realm (time began) was for the eventual creation of you and every other human being to walk the face of the Earth.

5. To live eternally is the "hoped for" final end of all mankind, according to the will of God. It should be embraced with open arms, as it is your very purpose for existence. Some will choose to disobey God and prefer "my way" even after being given proof of "God's way", they will be destroyed at a later time, never to have life again (Ghenna). The vast majority of mankind however, will understand in God's perfect timing the glorious majesty of Eternal Life IN Almighty God's family (Elohim) forever and ever. It will be embraced as the greatest gift possible for anything in all creation; in God's timing.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I made an account here recently because I've been feeling the urge to share some of my thoughts over the past few years, and this forum seemed a proper venue. I still haven't formalized these thoughts, mind you, or even 'set pen to paper'. I saw this though and thought it might get the ball rolling on my end. I've studied philosophy for as long as I can remember, influenced by every name you can think of and then some, but mostly Plato. So, you've been warned - I'm a solipsist.

Only you exist. The desire for companionship is a manifestation of this basic truth. You seek what you know can not be.

You are change. From one moment to the next, you are never the same. You are becoming, not being.

You exist. You can not experience nonexistense. You have always existed and always will exist.

The absence of memory, ie. the 'time before you were born' is an attempt to understand what can not be experienced, nonexistence.

The first step on the path of enlightenment is to admit your own ignorance, you can't learn if you think you already know. The second step is to realize that there's only one step. That's why you asked these questions.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
1. Our bodies are the mates to our souls, so in that sense we will always have a "soulmate", but in the sense of someone else you love staying with you, I don't know.

2. Each time we incarnate we get a brand new and completely unique body, so yes we will always be changing in my opinion.

3. In my opinion, we experience the eternal now every second of every day. Consciousness is all that truly exists and consciousness is continuous and never ending.

4. Energy is eternal, it cannot be created or destroyed and everything is energy. We have all existed in one form or another forever.

5. Yes I do welcome it with open arms.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Itisnowagain

droid56

1. What is appearing to exist is the beloved.
2. The appearance that is being seen will constantly change (eternally) but what you are never changes.
3. It is eternally now - now both appears to exist and doesn't appear to exist - now is existence and non existence - it is eternally this.
5. No one can welcome eternity - eternity IS alone.

Wow, never thought someone exists pretty much as I do and perceives this wonderful ever tesseracting and infinite existence similarly. Normally don't even bother to comment on religious or metaphysics threads because they seem to be concentrating on insignificant nuances. A star to you and a respectful bow of agreement.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
OP; 1. Soul Mate?

1. I hope not; I hope to propel my spirit as far away from the whole as possible. I plan on heading in the opposite direction as other spirit/souls, possibly heading for complete darkness. I don't want eternal soul-mates. Frankly, after this existence, I feel as though I've been locked in a room with a screaming child, and the second that I pry this door open, I'll be running away as fast as I can.
I'm hoping for eternal solitude(The Big Sleep), away from all , in complete darkness...

2. maybe

3. yes

4.?

5.yes

PS; Please don't follow me...

(S&F)*

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

droid56

Not always, but sometimes.

droid56

You never change. The world changes around you.

droid56

Yes, it is happening now.

droid56

With Eternity, there is no beginning or end. The Physical body is goes through "birth" then "death", but Life has no opposite.

droid56

Too late. You are already within it.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

So called?

My interpretation of soul mate isn't a mate like in reality that you enjoy their company and do things together that interest you,

its a connection that "we" have with each other, so we are all each others soul mates its just that a realization is made between two when on a higher platonic level both seem to in sync that they feel as though they have found themselves in another.

Basically my answer is Yes we all have so called Soul mates that accompany us through eternity.

The soul or our conscious awareness of our soul?

Our awareness of the soul will change and does constantly,

The soul itself is the soul, the heart, the center of reality for our philosophical thinking so it cannot change only our awareness of it can in my opinion of coarse.

That is relative to ones beliefs and/or scientific research of reality.

Is there endless time or is time endless?

Eternity from a philosophical view does exist, its debated and discussed the world over.

From a scientific view there is still a way to go to actually say it exists as there are many debates in the scientific community about the beginning of the universe and what was before and what sparked was lit to get it all started. There are theories that are the front runners as explanations go but nothing to encompass an answer fully where there a no holes to the question of does eternity exist,

Everything exists, whether its in the mind of man or in his hand.

As individual souls I believe the answer is yes,

The second part is something I wish not impose my thoughts on anyone so as to not influence or interfere with their search for that answer which can only be found by the individual themselves either by being guided or by having the ambition strong enough to have the discovery. I cannot guide because my path is for me, others might have different foot ware on so they might not be able to walk the same path as I do and would be negative from me to guide when I myself have not reached the destination to say whether my path was correct for myself.

How and why? are answers each will have that suit them.

No when there is pain and grief

Yes when there is joy and happiness

What are your answers to these questions OP,

I must assume these are questions you are pondering, reason for the thread,

Where do you stand with these questions you want us to give our feedback on?

Great question to ponder, but like anything take it in moderation other wise you can loose your mind trying to find answers, sometimes we are not meant to understand and our purpose is to question and keep questioning.

top topics

join