It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration misled public on Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted anywhere. I first saw the topic on Yahoo earlier this week on the lead page of news; with a picture, of course when I clicked on the picture, the page couldn't be found.

Here is an excerpt from another source.

The London Review of Books has published a long piece by Seymour Hersh claiming that the Obama administration failed to acknowledge that a Syrian rebel group was capable of making chemical weapons and could have been responsible for the August 21 sarin gas attack that left hundreds of people dead.

from New York Magazine at:

nymag.com...

and here is the official response in USA Today, where basically the WH is refuting Pulitzer Prize winning author Seymour Hersch:

www.usatoday.com...

So what say you?

Please feel free to correct this link if this has been posted somewhere, i am admittedly not the smartest person in the room with searching down posts on ATS.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
No sh-t.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would actually be more shocked if he did not mislead us for once. Pretty use to it by now. I've also come to accept that nothing can be done about it. Even if he could be impeached they won't do it. Biden is too much of a loose cannon and knows how to manipulate poor voters. He would more than likely beat any of their candidates by using the sheer spite of Obama supporters as fuel along with the black vote. They don't want that. Better for Obama to dig a hole as deep as he can and then the GOP can put a blanket over it and tell everyone it's ok now.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Intelligence report says U.S. officials knew about nerve-gas attack in Syria three days before it killed over 1,400 people - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
When has ANY administration ever NOT LIED about anything and everything during their term to mislead the public?

All the crazy partisanship still seen is just more sheeple believing that their side wouldn't do such a thing, rather than accepting that all of them are the same. When it comes to politics and lying, there is NO distinction and it's just business as usual, no matter what side is in the big house at the time.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DondeEsta?

I thought everyone here (and everyone with common sense everywhere) knew it was the rebels. Motive was there for the rebels and not Assad. Turkey caught rebels with c.w.'s. Russians said it was poorly made and delivered sarin (ie not military made or delivered). The UN already acknowledged an earlier c.w. attack was possibly rebels and never said the later one was definitively Syria that I recall. There were videos with what appeared to be homemade c.w. weapon launchers. Syria found caches of c.w.s

Syria wouldn't do the one thing that would bring the US down on them (the last thibg they wanted). Especially since they were winning the war.

It was a set up in hopes we could bomb them with Israel and open up airspace for the coming war on Iran (if it wasn't a fog of war situation for the sole ourpose of draggibg Iran in).

Yeah.. we already knew all this.
edit on 13-12-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

This is a link to a interview of Hersh by Amy Goodman ...www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Also I was thinking that this might explain why the Pres fired all those high ranking officers ..

edit on 13-12-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Syria? never heard of it... what's the issue again?

if one of these magical liberal media outlets did one of their polls at street-level in say one of the democratic strongholds out in Cali they would have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thanks for the link. Yeah was not a question in my mind: I Just like to put forth the info and let folks figure things out on their own. I knew that we were being misled before it began publicly. Libya, Iran, Iraq, Syria: Oil and Gold standard.....

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Never had much common sense, now I do have plenty of uncommon sense
read previous reply.
edit on 14-12-2013 by DondeEsta? because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
"Misled" is one of the funniest euphemisms I can imagine when it comes to describing what Obama does when he opens his mouth.
edit on 25-12-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

join