It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoax or not to hoax!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think those that post hoaxes whether they know or not it is a hoax should loose all the flags and stars they get for it. Recent one had 55 stars!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Yes sir...Whats odd as well...after pg 1 or 2 when somethings been denounced as a hoax...there follows 5-6 more pages of posts of folks STILL trying to explain it. (Didnt they even READ the explanation? Just keep on posting...)

"No soup for you!" thanks to "Seinfeld"

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
I think those that post hoaxes whether they know or not it is a hoax should loose all the flags and stars they get for it. Recent one had 55 stars!

You must mean when it is a proven hoax I assume. Why can't they get flags for presenting an interesting discussion? For making us think, practice discerning when something is a Hoax or not.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Some,are just blatant rubbish and it's proven yet others go along with it with flags and stars....

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
well... if its a really good hoax it serves as a fertilizer for our imaginations... at least for those 20 30 seconds until you get that "daaaaamn-bursted bubble feeling" lol

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Big deal, what is getting stars or flags on this site anyways?

Are you in it to win something?

Give your stars to whom you feel deserves them and let others decide how they feel they can give stars too.

I see you are going for the principality that one should not be rewarded for bearing false witness, I hear you.

The stars and flags are not what we come here for, but for the information given, yes?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think the fact it goes into the hoax forum is enough anyway.

Not sure why you would desire to take away the little pixel stars and flags that people get, its not like those hold any real power. *lol*

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

And what benefit do stars and flags give me?
I used all of mine at the ATS store last month, and look at how many I already have!!
I can't wait to get my ATS flashlight and BTS decoder ring!

/hoax
...or is it?

(Edit)
Thar ya go, I flagged the thread and starred everyone so far!
Get to shopping folks, before the economy collapses.
edit on 12-12-2013 by g146541 because: ATS store does not accept food stamps for some reason.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Flags and stars are silly for the most part.

If you notice, the posters(unless they've been here forever and create quality topics) with really high karma tend to just make topics and posts that will pander to extreme opinions.

It doesn't mean anything.

Just post what comes to your mind and don't worry about the system.

I wish it didn't exist because you see so many topics that just seem to be slapped together to entice lots of stars and flags(not talking about general chit chat forum because that's what it's there for).

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I gave you a S&F.
Just so you know, this is a lame excuse to ask for them.
Oh, one more thing... this is a user generated web site.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
as far as i know no one posts just for flags or stars,its irrelevant,don,t get me wrong no one can say they don,t look at what stars or flags they,ve got and if they do they are lying.

everyone likes to be praised but would be surprised if posts are made just for that alone.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

scotsdavy1

Some,are just blatant rubbish and it's proven yet others go along with it with flags and stars....

I don't think they "go along with it" I think they are interested this is a clear case of "One Man's Rubbish..Is Another Man's Treasure!

Why others care about a thread they have no interest in...what is said...what stars/flags are given to whom...I cannot comprehend! It seems clear that if people are responding they are not believing it is a hoax or they are interested anyway, is that anyone elses business?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I like your dog very much! They are very smart too!

This is more interesting than what ever your question or topic is. See, I already forgot, but I can see your dog plain as day!

Black with white smiley face, white teeth, clean tongue,big eyes and happy face!

Topic; I have no idea? Dog Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

I love my dog as well. He's just turned ten years old and has a bit of arthritis in his back legs now. He's not in pai but he's a huge part of our life. Wakes me up every morning with a paw and licks my face so that I take him outside for his business.
Now, what was I talking about here, forgot already he he

This is what I get every morning, how can you resist him when he wakes' me up like this?

edit on 13-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think those who knowingly post hoaxes in an attempt to dupe and deceive ATS members should be removed (read banned) from the site.
I'm pretty sure it's one or part of the T&C of the website.
Forget removing flags and stars, if they're defrauding and hoaxing intentionally then ban them.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

I,agree with you, yes some post what they think is true only to find out its a hoax through no,fault of their own which is understandable. But people keep,the topic alive for some reason which is completely wrong if they know it's just a hoax.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
reply to post by PRS395

I love my dog as well. He's just turned ten years old and has a bit of arthritis in his back legs now. He's not in pai but he's a huge part of our life. Wakes me up every morning with a paw and licks my face so that I take him outside for his business.
Now, what was I talking about here, forgot already he he

This is what I get every morning, how can you resist him when he wakes' me up like this?

edit on 13-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

No matter what and all the crap going on around us, you will always feel good and smile when you are around dogs and pets or see pictures of them. Good job!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Very true, I could be unhappy but he always makes me smile ...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

practice discerning when something is a Hoax or not

Shouldn't the person presenting the thread do that before posting it?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

practice discerning when something is a Hoax or not

Shouldn't the person presenting the thread do that before posting it?

You would think,that as well. I always check different sources first before posting something.

new topics

top topics

join